Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-21-2014, 11:15 AM   #1
Slitwrist Smile

Drives: 2008 yari sedan/2007 sc'd tC
FS: Scangauge 2

$100 shipped + buyer covers paypal fees, (insurance optional) - great condition! - no scratches on screen - I will try to find some double sided sticky tape to include (thats the best way to mount it) right on top of the steering wheel column, but below your gauges. Keeps it in your line of sight, and does not look out of place at all.

Plugs right into your OBD2 port, can change display colors to whatever color you want (to match your custom interior, or gauges, or whatever is easier on your eyes). You like bright green? Light Pink? Purple? Medium Blue? Perfect.. It'll do all those colors plus variant shades of colors.

I can't use this anymore, since my supercharged civic SI has Flashpro w/ blutooth which must remain connected to use the blutooth features.

Scangauge 2 also can check engine codes, (clear codes too), give you instant MPG figures, overall trip figures, intake ambient air temps, closed or open loop (this will boost your gas mileage through the roof if you learn to drive properly) and so, so much more.

This will pay for itself in 6-12 months after you learn to re-adjust your driving habits. I know when I used it in my yaris I was able to eek out mid/high 40 MPGs all day long using this and adjusting my driving.

This is also for sale on other forums, so its first come first serve.

I will post pictures later, I am at work making sale threads on different forums.

Comes with the gauge itself, and the cable you need. Its plug and play, and you can be up and running in less than 1 minute with this. Seriously, just plug it in your OBD2 port, route the cable behind the steering wheel, adjust your wheel so its in the lowest setting, slide cable through the small opening now created, and then re-adjust your steering wheel to your preferred setting. Take the cable, plug it into the unit, and put the unit where ever you prefer using the double sided sticky tape.

My Ebay ID is exceed192ln7 - over 710 positive transactions.

I would keep it if I could use it. But with my OBD2 port taken over by Hondata Flashpro, I have no open port to plug it into.
Slitwrist Smile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2014, 12:07 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Is it a ScanGauge II with XGauge or and older ScanGauge II?
Old 07-21-2014, 02:00 PM   #3
Slitwrist Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Is it a ScanGauge II with XGauge or and older ScanGauge II?
It's an original SG2. FYI - the new Xgauge models sell for almost double what I am selling my unit for.

See their website : http://www.scangauge.com/store/ - It's 169.99 + shipping (UPS ground was 11.63 to my zipcode) so your over $180...

The main feature it would have that mine does not have (that would interest me slightly) would be horsepower. But, that is kind of irrelevant, especially on a Yaris, where you have a good idea how much HP your car is making. The SG2 is used for fuel economy, and monitoring open/closed loop, RPMs (+ max RPM achieved), real time MPGs, and other related items. I don't think this is the crowd (I could be wrong) that needs to worry about how much power your making - plus, its not really accurate, its an estimate. If you need to know how much power a turbo or SC'd yaris is making - you would of found that out with your tuner and dyno/tuning sessions.

The Scangauge-E - they have for sale, is cheaper than the SG2, but it is smaller, and displays a lot less information (50% less).

The Scangauge-D is for diesel motors.

If you buy the gauge from me, email me your mods and I'll tell you how much HP your Yaris is making :) My Kraftwerks supercharged SI is churning out 389hp, dyno proven on 2 different dynos to within 8 HP of eachother. I am sure if I wanted to have a dyno queen and possibly not as safe of a tune - I could break the 400's, easy.
Old 07-21-2014, 03:20 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slitwrist Smile View Post
It's an original SG2. FYI - the new Xgauge models sell for almost double what I am selling my unit for.

See their website : http://www.scangauge.com/store/ - It's 169.99 + shipping (UPS ground was 11.63 to my zipcode) so your over $180...

The main feature it would have that mine does not have (that would interest me slightly) would be horsepower. But, that is kind of irrelevant, especially on a Yaris, where you have a good idea how much HP your car is making. The SG2 is used for fuel economy, and monitoring open/closed loop, RPMs (+ max RPM achieved), real time MPGs, and other related items. I don't think this is the crowd (I could be wrong) that needs to worry about how much power your making - plus, its not really accurate, its an estimate. If you need to know how much power a turbo or SC'd yaris is making - you would of found that out with your tuner and dyno/tuning sessions.

The Scangauge-E - they have for sale, is cheaper than the SG2, but it is smaller, and displays a lot less information (50% less).

The Scangauge-D is for diesel motors.

If you buy the gauge from me, email me your mods and I'll tell you how much HP your Yaris is making :) My Kraftwerks supercharged SI is churning out 389hp, dyno proven on 2 different dynos to within 8 HP of eachother. I am sure if I wanted to have a dyno queen and possibly not as safe of a tune - I could break the 400's, easy.

I was looking at it for a buddy of mine, but he wants one with XGauge. They can actually be upgraded for $25 by sending them back to the manufacturer, but I think that is more of a hassle than he is looking for.
Old 07-24-2014, 01:12 PM   #5
Slitwrist Smile

Bump - price dropped by $5.00 - $95 shipped, buyer covers paypal fees.
Old 07-24-2014, 10:11 PM   #6
The Spectacle

Drives: 08 BSP LB
Flashpro doesn't have to be plugged in all the time to work, correct?
Old 07-27-2014, 01:49 PM   #7
Slitwrist Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Spectacle View Post
Flashpro doesn't have to be plugged in all the time to work, correct?
If you want it to display bluetooth info relayed to your cell phone it does.

Flashpro now has a Hondata App available, which shows a lot of information as you drive that is displayed to a tablet, cell, or laptop.

So I have a setup with one of my old phones, and using a mount - to display all the stuff flashpro can output.

It's right on Hondata's main page if you want to see/read more:
http://www.hondata.com/

http://www.hondata.com/mobile.html
Old 08-06-2014, 01:21 PM   #8
Slitwrist Smile

Bump!
Old 08-28-2014, 02:49 AM   #9
ThatGreenSedan

Drives: 07 Olivemist Sedan-PowerPack