Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM   #1
eht13

Drives: .
Badge / emblem questions

-- I can appreciate the clean, simple look of a debadged back, but do those who have done this ever feel like they are not promoting or representing "Yaris" enough since the name is not there to see anymore?

-- For "official" placement of the VVT-i badges, it appears that on the sides under the small turn signals is correct for the hatch. Is there an officially correct place to put this badge on the sedan, like maybe just one on the back of the trunk, somewhere under the "Yaris"? Does it appear there on the Belta or Vios?

-- Regarding blacking out emblems and badges, has anyone tried making them body-color instead? Just wondering how white logos (for the "TOYOTA" on the left and the "Yaris" on the right) would look on a white car, for example.

Thanks.
eht13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:15 PM   #2
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by eht13 View Post
-- I can appreciate the clean, simple look of a debadged back, but do those who have done this ever feel like they are not promoting or representing "Yaris" enough since the name is not there to see anymore?

-- For "official" placement of the VVT-i badges, it appears that on the sides under the small turn signals is correct for the hatch. Is there an officially correct place to put this badge on the sedan, like maybe just one on the back of the trunk, somewhere under the "Yaris"? Does it appear there on the Belta or Vios?

-- Regarding blacking out emblems and badges, has anyone tried making them body-color instead? Just wondering how white logos (for the "TOYOTA" on the left and the "Yaris" on the right) would look on a white car, for example.

Thanks.
Why do you feel the need to 'represent Yaris'? I'm happy to let Toyota Motor Company 'represent' the Yaris through millions of dollars of advertisements and promotional materials. If they would like to subsidize my car with a monthly payoff I'll happily add the Yaris badge again.

More than two years later I still get asked by interested people 'what kind of car is that?' or 'Is that a Prius?' to which I get to explain how Toyota quality is pretty much better than everything else out there, how easy it is to work on, 10-minute oil changes, etc.... I enjoy it and this helps promote the car and the brand too (you're welcome Toyota).

Several here have indeed blacked out or color matched their badges and emblems especially. Search and you may see their results. I think color match looks fantastic rather than blacking everything out which is the easy choice. I'd do it to mine if I wasn't so chrome deficient.

And don't worrry so much about being 'official'. Do what the hell you want to. I'm an example of this in action. The Yaris police may try to write you a ticket but it won't hold up in court.

Last edited by redyaris; 01-08-2009 at 02:33 PM.
redyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:16 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
matched badges look really good!
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 02:18 PM   #4
Gideon
★weeaboo★

Drives: 2008 Bayou LB
Walter whited out his Toyota emblem on the back at one point:

Looks pretty good!
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2009, 09:54 AM   #5
eht13

Thanks for the responses.

Still wondering a little about placement of the VVT-i badge on the sedan (it appears that on the sides under the small turn signals is correct for the hatch. Is there an officially correct place to put this badge on the sedan, like maybe just one on the back of the trunk, somewhere under the "Yaris"? Does it appear there on the Belta or Vios?).

Does anyone with a sedan and this badge have any pics they could share? Thanks again.
Old 01-13-2009, 06:06 PM   #6
nei-k

Drives: Yaris 998, Peppermint Green
in Europe, position of the "official" side badge with vvt-i or D4d is like in the picture below, and vvt-i with NO red i, all chrome
Attached Images
File Type: jpg d4d.jpg (98.1 KB, 338 views)
Old 01-14-2009, 10:52 AM   #7
eht13

Quote:
Originally Posted by nei-k View Post
in Europe, position of the "official" side badge with vvt-i or D4d is like in the picture below, and vvt-i with NO red i, all chrome
Thanks. But that is for the hatchback, not the sedan, right? By the way, what is "D4D"?
Old 01-14-2009, 11:50 AM   #8
kimona
Super Moderator

Drives: 2014 White VITZ
kimona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2009, 02:45 PM   #9
eht13

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimona View Post
Thanks!
Old 01-14-2009, 07:59 PM   #10
RagnaCaT
HacKers WanTed!

Drives: Yaris S HB & Yaris S SD
Hi we discuused this a while ago if these can help other than that THANKS KIMONA I needed that PIC!!! http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10389
Old 01-15-2009, 12:39 AM   #11
eht13

Quote:
Originally Posted by RagnaCaT View Post
Hi we discuused this a while ago if these can help other than that THANKS KIMONA I needed that PIC!!! http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=10389
Thanks for the link... I saw that thread a while back and kind of forgot about it.
Old 01-22-2009, 12:16 PM   #12
eht13

OK, so regarding debadging and blacking out or color-matching the emblems...

I've noticed a lot of cars here that look good debadged or blacked out, as well as looking good with decals on the rear window. I realized that being hatchbacks was what most of them had in common. I don't think I've seen many debadged (or blacked-out emblem) sedans here, and in imagining either of these things done to my car (a white sedan) it just didn't look as good as what I had seen here.

I think part of the reason is the horizontal chrome piece above the license plate and below the Toyota logo on the sedan... it would still be there (removing it even if possible would look bad, and maybe blacking out or color-matching it would too... not sure). The hatch looks much cleaner as soon as the emblems are gone because that is not there. I also think that the more vertical window of the hatch, being more flush with the back of the body of the car, seems to look better with decals on it. Maybe because the sedan window is set back and at a pretty steep angle, so decals are harder to see on it.

I like the sedan, but these to me seem to be two "exterior appearance" areas where the hatchback works better. Anyone else thought about that before?

Old 01-22-2009, 12:42 PM   #13
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
Here's where we installed the VVT-i on our HB. Guess this is the "official"
location for hatchbacks.

Old 01-22-2009, 01:03 PM   #14
Meteorite_Marty

Drives: 2008 5-door Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benggolf2 View Post
Here's where we installed the VVT-i on our HB. Guess this is the "official"
location for hatchbacks.

I also placed my VVT-i all-chrome badges in this location, under the signal.
Meteorite_Marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 01:43 PM   #15
chyaris

Drives: 07' yaris sedan, 95' teg gsr
I have a white sedan and it's debadged... I still have the toyota emblem though... If you haven't seen it... Take a look and see what you think of it...

I like it debadged
chyaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 03:41 PM   #16
Benggolf2

Drives: 2008 Yaris RS 4-Door LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by nei-k View Post
What does D4D stand for? TIA.
Old 01-24-2009, 11:19 PM   #17
eht13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chyaris View Post
I have a white sedan and it's debadged... I still have the toyota emblem though... If you haven't seen it... Take a look and see what you think of it...

I like it debadged
Thanks... that does look good.
Old 01-25-2009, 04:30 AM   #18
Danish Yaris

Drives: Toyota Yaris 1,8 TS 5dr. 2007
Hi

D-4D is the Toyota common-rail diesel engine. I can´t remember what the first D stands for, but 4D is 4 stroke diesel.

Regards Steven.
Danish Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote