Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-22-2009, 07:34 AM   #289
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGargano View Post
Does any of this effect the passenger's seat belt light and/or chime? For example, if you arm the airbag, does the seat belt chime go off if its not buckled?
Yes. It is just like a person sitting there, so if you arm it and the seat belt is not latched the seat belt light comes on. In the pics, I had the passenger seat belt clicked. You really wouldn't want to arm it unless you actually had a passenger, to avoid an unnecessary popping of an expensive airbag, which also results in the upper dash having to be replaced.
CTScott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 10:13 AM   #290
MGargano

Drives: 2009 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Yes. It is just like a person sitting there, so if you arm it and the seat belt is not latched the seat belt light comes on. In the pics, I had the passenger seat belt clicked. You really wouldn't want to arm it unless you actually had a passenger, to avoid an unnecessary popping of an expensive airbag, which also results in the upper dash having to be replaced.
Ok gotcha.
MGargano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 06:02 PM   #291
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
So the plug (connector ) under the seat , how many wires do you have going to it .
My seat has 2 , and i don't have side airbags
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2009, 08:06 PM   #292
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post
So the plug (connector ) under the seat , how many wires do you have going to it .
My seat has 2 , and i don't have side airbags

The OC ECU is the module attached to the bottom of the seat and has two connectors. One goes to the SRS ECU and the other goes to the fours OC sensors (gray 12 wire connector). My module taps that gray connector using six of the 12 wires.
Old 08-24-2009, 03:47 PM   #293
CTScott
ULTIMATE

I received the Eggo Waffle box today (and it was lacking waffles). I did a quick test of your OC ECU and it is fine, which means that the issue is either with one of the sensors or a wire. I'll check it out tonight to find out for sure. Either way, it won't really matter, as I'll be shipping it back to you with one of my sensor bypass modules.

Do you want me to clip the harness off and tie it directly to the module, to keep things neat under your seat? (I'll ship back the rest of the harness with the sensor connectors).
Old 08-24-2009, 05:32 PM   #294
MGargano

Quote:
I received the Eggo Waffle box today (and it was lacking waffles). I did a quick test of your OC ECU and it is fine, which means that the issue is either with one of the sensors or a wire. I'll check it out tonight to find out for sure. Either way, it won't really matter, as I'll be shipping it back to you with one of my sensor bypass modules.

Do you want me to clip the harness off and tie it directly to the module, to keep things neat under your seat? (I'll ship back the rest of the harness with the sensor connectors).
Glad it arrived ok and sorry for not including some waffles

Glad the ECU is working since it saves me time and money of getting a new one.

Yes, you can connect the bypass module directly to the ECU to save space and neaten things up under the seat. I'll hang on to the sensors and wires in case I go back to stock at some point.

Also, if it matters, I'm planning to mount the airbag switch in the center console near the e-brake.

Thanks!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:02 PM   #295
AdeJong 03
"Stealth Runner"

Drives: 2009 Yaris-S Sedan
wow CTScott you are making great progress.

Garm if you purchase a set in bulk i will be one of the first buyers.

this is great
AdeJong 03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2009, 11:05 PM   #296
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Glad it arrived ok and sorry for not including some waffles

Glad the ECU is working since it saves me time and money of getting a new one.

Yes, you can connect the bypass module directly to the ECU to save space and neaten things up under the seat. I'll hang on to the sensors and wires in case I go back to stock at some point.

Also, if it matters, I'm planning to mount the airbag switch in the center console near the e-brake.

Thanks!

OK. Your module is ready to ship! I'll send it off tomorrow (to the return address on the waffles).

I checked out your sensors and cable tonight as well. The sensors are fine. The sensor connectors on the cable are the problem. When you probed some of them, you forced the probe in enough to damage the pins. So, if you ever go back to stock, you'll need to replace those ends.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:13 PM   #297
MGargano

Quote:
OK. Your module is ready to ship! I'll send it off tomorrow (to the return address on the waffles).

I checked out your sensors and cable tonight as well. The sensors are fine. The sensor connectors on the cable are the problem. When you probed some of them, you forced the probe in enough to damage the pins. So, if you ever go back to stock, you'll need to replace those ends.
Awesome! Damn that was fast! I'm glad the ECU and sensors are good. Do you, by chance, have a part number for the sensor harness, in case I want to order a new one?

Also, did you get a chance to look into the push-button stuff I PMed you?

PS- How much $$$ do I owe you for all this?
Old 08-24-2009, 11:23 PM   #298
CTScott
ULTIMATE

I'm on vacation this week to get the kids ready for school, so I had some time today.

I hit you back with a PM on the push-button start stuff.

As far as the $$$ goes, it'll be $50. But, wait until you get it and have it all hooked-up and working before you pay me.
Old 08-24-2009, 11:25 PM   #299
MGargano

Quote:
I'm on vacation this week to get the kids ready for school, so I had some time today.

I hit you back with a PM on the push-button start stuff.

As far as the $$$ goes, it'll be $50. But, wait until you get it and have it all hooked-up and working before you pay me.
Ok, thanks! Can't wait to get this working!
Old 08-25-2009, 08:37 AM   #300
CTScott
ULTIMATE

So, here is the completed module that I am shipping to you. With clipping the connector from the original harness, it makes for a very neat installation. The wire for the switch is 4 feet long, which is way more than enough to reach the console, where you intend to install your switch. The switch in the picture is just one that I popped on for testing.

OC Bypass.jpg
Old 08-25-2009, 11:31 AM   #301
lilredrocket
Slowy getting there

Drives: 08 Liftback
Looks great!!! You do really good work
Old 08-25-2009, 02:55 PM   #302
heeroyuy01195
Post count means nothing.

Drives: AW11, NCP91, Old Motorcycles
this is awesome! Scott...you are the man! subscribed :)
heeroyuy01195 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 05:45 PM   #303
MGargano

Quote:
So, here is the completed module that I am shipping to you. With clipping the connector from the original harness, it makes for a very neat installation. The wire for the switch is 4 feet long, which is way more than enough to reach the console, where you intend to install your switch. The switch in the picture is just one that I popped on for testing.

Attachment 27606
That looks amazing!!! Thanks so much!
Old 08-26-2009, 06:13 PM   #304
MGargano

Got the module today and this thing is HOT! I'm assuming I just need a 12 volt on/off switch to arm/disarm?
Old 08-26-2009, 07:16 PM   #305
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Got the module today and this thing is HOT! I'm assuming I just need a 12 volt on/off switch to arm/disarm?
Any switch will do, as it is switching 5 volts with no current. If you use an illuminated switch, just make sure that the illumination has separate contacts from the switching.
Old 08-26-2009, 07:17 PM   #306
MGargano

I just finished the install and the module is working 100% perfectly! SRS light went out immediately and the passenger's airbag and seat belt lights are functioning like OEM.

CTScott... you, sir, are without a doubt THE MAN!