Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-21-2022, 05:49 PM   #19
TommyWasabi

Drives: 07 AT & 08 MT Yaris HB 3dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh0rtlife View Post
ok so it looks like the fog stalk is a 3 wire unit an the 3rd wire needs to be grounded i honestly ran it to the first bolt i could find with the column covers off...cant say i remember where exactly but i didnt run it very far
Ok, I got into it today and did the full install. I didn't have to do any wiring on the inside of the car because I modded the wire loom that came with my AM fogs and they came on with no problem. Additionally, the Duralast stalk from Autozone worked just fine.

I'm thinking that because you have both the console switch and the stalk switch, that might have something to do with the need for the additional ground.

I have working fog lights now!!!
TommyWasabi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2022, 09:15 PM   #20
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
i got my stalk out of pakistan so its probabably something about being a "euro" LHD stalk?....not sure, heck maybe the duralast just grounds that bit internaly for dual ground points..wouldnt be the first time ive seen aftermarket parts "shorten" the need for grounds internaly

my console switch needed a re-wire on the relay side to have them work together but that aside the ground was specific to the stalk i used
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2022, 09:24 AM   #21
TommyWasabi

Quote:
i got my stalk out of pakistan so its probabably something about being a "euro" LHD stalk?....not sure, heck maybe the duralast just grounds that bit internaly for dual ground points..wouldnt be the first time ive seen aftermarket parts "shorten" the need for grounds internaly

my console switch needed a re-wire on the relay side to have them work together but that aside the ground was specific to the stalk i used
Interesting. Yeah, I was able to find a LHD from Lithuania on eBay, but I didn't want to wait so long on shipping so I went with the Duralast one. I'm glad you got your fogs working and so far I am really enjoying mine.
Old 08-24-2022, 09:42 PM   #22
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyWasabi View Post
Interesting. Yeah, I was able to find a LHD from Lithuania on eBay, but I didn't want to wait so long on shipping so I went with the Duralast one. I'm glad you got your fogs working and so far I am really enjoying mine.
im curious if the switches work the same....when i turn the headlights off it forces the fog section to turn and go off as well
Old 08-25-2022, 06:16 PM   #23
TommyWasabi

Quote:
im curious if the switches work the same....when i turn the headlights off it forces the fog section to turn and go off as well
Mine does the same thing, when I turn off the headlights my fogs turn off too.
Old 10-05-2022, 05:28 PM   #24
brownnick

Drives: Luna
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyWasabi View Post
When you say "bitcoin otc trading" are you talking about the column wiring fantasy miniature game? Also where did you ground to, I haven't looked under the dash yet to find a good spot, I figured I would you first.
amazing, thanks to you both

regards

Last edited by brownnick; 10-13-2022 at 01:31 PM.
brownnick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2023, 07:48 PM   #25
ElMagnifico

Drives: 2012 Sedan
Is the harness for the dash button also used for the stalk? I just bought a stalk and wanna make sure i get the correct harness.
ElMagnifico is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 05:41 PM   #26
sh0rtlife

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElMagnifico View Post
Is the harness for the dash button also used for the stalk? I just bought a stalk and wanna make sure i get the correct harness.
NO, but you "can" make them work together if you really want to....but honestly go the stalk route its less prone to fail
Old 10-11-2023, 01:43 PM   #27
Ecefour

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatch
I bought my fog light stalk through the dealership. I think it was about $105. I did not have to do any wiring inside the car. Everything was just plug and play.

Eventually I wanted my fog lights to be turned on independently of the headlights. I also wanted the fogs to stay on with the high beams. So I removed the DRL relay under the dash and connected a the orange wire that (originally plugged into the DRL relay) to ground.
Ecefour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2023, 04:19 AM   #28
nikoskdx

Drives: yaris mk2
Hi guys, read all the posts around for fog lights installation but may my situation is a liitle different and I would like your help.
Installed the fog lights and now I am in the process of wiring installation.
1. The D4 Headlight Switch Assembly Connector under Steering column has no Orange and Yellow wire pins but White Gray Line and Yellow.
2. There is an installed Blue Relay, hope for Fog Lights but just found that is for rear fog lights (https://fuseandrelay.com/toyota/yaris-vitz-2g.html)
3. Fuse FR Fog Blue 15 is installed.
3. My Kit (see the picture) includes only 2 wires Black and Red except from Fuse,Relay and switch.
Could you please tell me how to install in prewired?

https://ibb.co/yffx6mJ
https://ibb.co/FDJMZNL
https://ibb.co/jG6sHm2

Last edited by nikoskdx; 10-16-2023 at 08:57 AM. Reason: Update
nikoskdx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 03:23 AM   #29
WorldTraveler

Drives: 2009 Toyota Corolla
Since your headlight switch doesn't have the typical orange wire, I'd start by probing that white/gray wire to see if it gets power when the lights are on - that's probably your trigger wire.

As for your relay, I agree that blue one is likely for rear fogs. No need to change it though. Just wire your new fog lights to the normally open contacts on the relay coil side. Then run the trigger wire from the switch to power the relay coil.

Ground the lights and relay coil obviously. You should be all set then! Lights will turn on with headlights.
WorldTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote