Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-18-2022, 12:42 PM   #1
sh0rtlife

Drives: 2007 5dr canadian import
power window swap 5dr parts?

so ive managed to gather "most" of the pieces to do the swap, ive even installed the fronts, with only a minor issue
im having issues getting the drivers harness, switch and switch plate for a 5dr
for now ive got the 2d harness and switch plate and both fronts working perfectly, ive also managed to snag exactly 1 rear

so the question stands ive got a 5dr, are the rear door units from a sedan the same as a 5dr hatch?, also what about the switch and driver door harness?....i know the trim plate isnt the same but suspect the switch is the same across multiple bodys

ive also heard rumor that some of the prius its the same regulator/motor
sh0rtlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2022, 03:31 PM   #2
sh0rtlife

no one?

ive run the numbers thru toyota parts and one of the rears shows as 5dr and sedan, but yet the other side shows as 5dr only....and since i KNOW that the 2 parts are an exact mirror of eachother im not sure whic part numbers selection to belive

the electrical motors are used thru dozens of rigs so not worried bout the motors, tho id love to know if the harness is "close enough to work" from the sedan on both the rear doors and the driver door on a 5dr
Old 11-05-2022, 07:44 PM   #3
sh0rtlife

well i can now say for sure a sedan uses a different REAR regulator than a 5dr.....

anyone know if right and left are the same in the rear?.....i know up front they are "close" like the clocking of the main arm is off by only a few degrees as in you can install them on the wrong sides with the correct left/right motors on them and it functions but wont go full travel up....

in theory the rears could actualy be the same part with just a different motor on them as they dont rely on needing the 3rd arm....but i have yet to lay my hands on a driver rear to find out