Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-05-2016, 01:33 PM   #1
fromthealiens
I've made a post!

Drives: '07 Yaris sedan
'07 Yaris sedan A/C recharge...am i crazy?

Hi all, new to the forum! My wife's '07 Yaris sedan became my daily driver when I sold my Sonata last year. Have aspirations to add nice wheels/
radio/paint but first things first...A/C blows warm.

So i grabbed the recharge kit at Advance Auto and the kit's hose doesn't fit on the low pressure port on the car! Local Toyota dealer service dept and the kids at Advance had no idea what I was talking about, and nothing about this problem online. Anyone have insight on this? Would prefer to do this myself although Toyota clearly wants me to pay them a lot to do it at the dealer.
fromthealiens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:44 PM   #2
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Drives: '05 6-Spd Vitz RS
Is it for R134A refrigerant systems?
Bluevitz-rs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:48 PM   #3
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by fromthealiens View Post
Hi all, new to the forum! My wife's '07 Yaris sedan became my daily driver when I sold my Sonata last year. Have aspirations to add nice wheels/
radio/paint but first things first...A/C blows warm.

So i grabbed the recharge kit at Advance Auto and the kit's hose doesn't fit on the low pressure port on the car! Local Toyota dealer service dept and the kids at Advance had no idea what I was talking about, and nothing about this problem online. Anyone have insight on this? Would prefer to do this myself although Toyota clearly wants me to pay them a lot to do it at the dealer.
sounds like u have a leak , take it to any AC shop or Toyota and have the system looked over.
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:51 PM   #4
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
sounds like u have a leak , take it to any AC shop or Toyota and have the system looked over.
Not necessarily. Mine slowly went warm over the last couple years. I recharged it with a simple can of R134A and connection hose and it's ice cold again. That was over a month and a half ago.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:53 PM   #5
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
Not necessarily. Mine slowly went warm over the last couple years. I recharged it with a simple can of R134A and connection hose and it's ice cold again. That was over a month and a half ago.
well its a closed system , u may have a small leak .
I would run glow in the dark die and see if u can locate it .
Old 07-06-2016, 10:56 PM   #6
Bluevitz-rs
1NZ-6spd

You can only contain the system so much with seals and a spinning shaft to drive the compressor. 11 years later, some has escaped and doesn't mean there's a significant leak in the system.
Old 07-06-2016, 10:59 PM   #7
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluevitz-rs View Post
You can only contain the system so much with seals and a spinning shaft to drive the compressor. 11 years later, some has escaped and doesn't mean there's a significant leak in the system.
true but injecting the green stuff could resole a small problem before it gets big, also depending on the amount lost one is obligated to empty the system till issue is resolved .

by law in Canada i have to empty the system till its fixed , no top up's

just saying
Old 07-10-2016, 02:00 AM   #8
SirDigby

Drives: 2007 yaris 3 door
you should not use "A/C pro" or any recharge kit from any supplier!!! most contain stop-leak which is aerobic. if you do not use a vacuum pump to remove all the oxygen in your system before injecting, you will ruin every component in the system! also, if you do not pull system into a vacuum, you will have a contaminated system that will run poorly and inaccurate. YOU SHOULD NOT SERVICE YOUR OWN A/C SYSTEM without using the proper reclaim equipment, charging equipment, or correct training. you need proper knowledge of temperature/pressure/humidity differences as well as a real set of manifold gauges and a vacuum pump. a reclaim compressor is handy, and a filter is needed if you plan to reuse any refrigerant. DON'T PUT GARBAGE INTO YOUR YARIS!
SirDigby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 02:58 PM   #9
jambo101

Drives: yaris 08 sedan
The A/C on my 08 sedan is not running as cold as it once did i suspect a recharge might be in order,What would be a ball park figure the dealer would charge me to recharge the system?
Thanks
Old 07-11-2016, 05:28 PM   #10
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
The A/C on my 08 sedan is not running as cold as it once did i suspect a recharge might be in order,What would be a ball park figure the dealer would charge me to recharge the system?
Thanks
80$ to 100$ but this should involve full system check.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk
Old 07-11-2016, 06:29 PM   #11
bronsin

Drives: 2009 Base Hatch 2 Dr Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by jambo101 View Post
Thanks
Toyota evacuated mine and pulled a vacuum on the system. When the vacuum held they recharged it.

$200.

But they don't guarantee it. They say if it isn't working in 500 miles bring it back.