Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Items for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 12:04 AM   #19
mrbond

Drives: 2008 meteorite hatchback
Send a message via AIM to mrbond
nah, mine's grey. red didn't work with my engine color scheme. basically what it does is reduces the distance that the shifter cable has to travel in order to change gears. it also makes the shifting stiffer because more energy/force has to be exerted in order to compensate for this shorter travel. once you start doing engine mods that increase the engine's responsiveness, a shorter shifting time is almost essential.
now, a scangauge is a tool that allows you to view a lot of the car's data. it will display things like engine coolant temperature, rpm's, current and max/min fuel economy, plus warnings, etc. it's quite a valuable tool, as you can turn off engine warnings (if you've already solved the problem, that is)
Old 01-16-2009, 12:22 AM   #20
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
Very helpful thanks. Gonna ask my friend who has pay pal to help me get this from you.