Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-22-2010, 04:39 PM   #19
Billiam

Drives: '10 White Yaris 4D LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy_toronto View Post
I just got the instrumental panel fog lights indicator to work as per.....He's da man!
Yes...he knows a great deal. I even told him so the other day.

I may do the idicator trick as well.

Looks like the fit for the bezels as improved over the older '09+ kit that I saw.
Billiam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:01 PM   #20
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
Quote:
Originally Posted by toy_toronto View Post
I just got the instrumental panel fog lights indicator to work as per CTScott's directions -- He's da man!

toy_toronto, I envy the fact that the Canadian indicator for your headlights looks like, well, headlights... way better than the USDM lightbulb thing. You know despite the fact that the icon switch looks like what's on your Canadian dash. Why can't they make it look the same?

Car looks great! Dig the wheels, what are they?

I've got to do a photoshoot here sometime soon as well, 'cause I'm jealous of your

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:05 PM   #21
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Yes the bezels aren't too bad there is a slight gap at the top (less than 1mm) where you can see some light shine through but it isn't noticeable at all.

The fog lights seem to be of good quality (glass, not plastic). The entire kit cost $115 with shipping included.

As for the fog light dash indicator, I would say if you can tap 12V from the the fog lights switch (when flipped to "ON") wires and feed that 12V signal to the D2 connector Pin 7 red wire, it would take you no more than 15 minutes to fire up that indicator

(* that includes removal of the front instrument panels to get to the cluster/D2 conn).

-toy

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #22
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmck03 View Post
toy_toronto, I envy the fact that the Canadian indicator for your headlights looks like, well, headlights... way better than the USDM lightbulb thing. You know despite the fact that the icon switch looks like what's on your Canadian dash. Why can't they make it look the same?

Car looks great! Dig the wheels, what are they?

I've got to do a photoshoot here sometime soon as well, 'cause I'm jealous of your
LOL thanks :) I can't wait to see your photoshoot

The wheels are 17's Enkei CDR9. I do like them and I'm glad I picked them and no regrets... They weigh around the same as the OEM steelies.

cheers. -toy

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 10:11 PM   #23
jpmck03

Drives: 2018 Volkswagen GTI
It's rainy and a little hazy out and the new fogs worked wonderfully!
Attached Images
File Type: gif Weather.gif (164.3 KB, 57 views)

jpmck03 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
diy, foglights, problems