Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 03-21-2014, 06:33 PM   #1
Exiwolfman

Drives: 2007 Yaris
max wheel spacers on stock studs ?

was thinking of spacing my rear wheels out by 5mm that would take it from 42 offset to 37 ...just wondering if i have to get longer studs also do they or will the spacers cos a problem with hub bore.
Exiwolfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 07:18 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I have a set of 10mm rear hub spacers, if you are interested in going that route, instead of using wheel spacers. 5mm wheel spacers would likely be fine. The key is that with your wheels in place that you have a significant amount of threads available for the lug nuts. SAE spec is a minimum of 1/2" of threads into the lug nuts.
Old 03-21-2014, 07:35 PM   #3
Exiwolfman

like the idea of hub spacers except when it comes to winter that is when i prefer wheels back in keep crap of car .... wonder what other toyotas run in length for stud , since i work with Toyotas i should be able to see what is just bit longer.
Other question is ...is there enuf hub sticking out to still keep the wheel in center bore...with wheel spacer.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:50 PM   #4
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
like the idea of hub spacers except when it comes to winter that is when i prefer wheels back in keep crap of car .... wonder what other toyotas run in length for stud , since i work with Toyotas i should be able to see what is just bit longer.
Other question is ...is there enuf hub sticking out to still keep the wheel in center bore...with wheel spacer.
5mm works with stock studs. No, there is not enough hub sticking out.
Old 03-21-2014, 10:08 PM   #5
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by WeeYari View Post
5mm works with stock studs. No, there is not enough hub sticking out.
ok and ty ...so how do u go around dealing with hub bore...guess i would have to get specific spacers with right hub bore...no generic .
Old 03-21-2014, 11:14 PM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ Best to get spacers with the correct hub bore. H&R and Ichiba are my preferred brands to sell.

5mm is maximum recommended if you are keeping your stock lug studs.
Both of those brands include the longer studs if you get thicker spacers.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 12:57 AM   #7
coheed

Drives: 08 BB LB
It really depends on the wheel you are running. When I had my ICW's 5mm was the max I could run. But with the Bottle Caps I have now I safely run an 8mm.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:54 AM   #8
eablola69

Drives: 2007 Yaris 4-door Hatch
CTScott:

I'm interested in your rear hub spaces - are these the ones that go behind the rear hub? But the thing is I'm from Manila, any experience shipping them out here?
eablola69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 PM   #9
Exiwolfman

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I have a set of 10mm rear hub spacers, if you are interested in going that route, instead of using wheel spacers. 5mm wheel spacers would likely be fine. The key is that with your wheels in place that you have a significant amount of threads available for the lug nuts. SAE spec is a minimum of 1/2" of threads into the lug nuts.
like ur idea of wheel spacer more i think about it ...only issue would be removing the hubs with out damage ...the are original and have seen few canadian winters and wheel hub bearings are not cheap.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:52 PM   #10
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by eablola69 View Post
CTScott:

I'm interested in your rear hub spaces - are these the ones that go behind the rear hub? But the thing is I'm from Manila, any experience shipping them out here?
No problem at all shipping to the Philippines. Shipping would be $25 by USPS International Priority, which would arrive in 6-10 business days.
Old 04-04-2014, 12:53 PM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exiwolfman View Post
like ur idea of wheel spacer more i think about it ...only issue would be removing the hubs with out damage ...the are original and have seen few canadian winters and wheel hub bearings are not cheap.
The car that I removed them from was the one with the completely disintegrated A-Arm bolts. The hub bolts were actually easier to remove.
Old 04-10-2014, 11:29 PM   #12
eablola69

Drives: 2007 Yaris 4-door Hatch
Riding on this thread because it's on "rougly" the same topic.

My question then is, how thick would the bolt on hubcentric spacers be needed in order to clear the stock studs? Would 15mm be enough? - or does it have to be atleast 25mm?

I haven't decided whether to use the penguin spacers, my existing non-hub centric wheel spacers or to get new hubcentric bolt-on wheel spacers.

One thing that is very favorable for me is if I don't have to remove anything and just bolt on the spacers and then the wheels. Hence, the question.

***My wheels don't have the provisions on the back side in order to mount with protruding studs on the bolt on spacers.
eablola69 is offline   Reply With Quote