Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-30-2010, 09:15 PM   #1
supahflysrt4

Drives: 09 Yaris 3dr
Piggyback?

hopefully you guys can point me in the right direction. i need help finding a replacement piggyback for my safc neo. i had it on the car for about 2 weeks before the stock ecu bypassed it. i noticed many have had the same problem. i am looking to go e-manage but i need to know if the basic blue has the same issue or not. we put one on a g35 and had the same problem i just dont want to get a blue and have to upgrade to an utlimate( esp since i have a brand new neo i cant use). money is a little tight so i dont want to get the ultimate if i dont have to plus this means much more dyno time. any help is appreciated. thanks, frank
supahflysrt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2010, 10:27 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
well, you are describing the tuning issue that seems common with the Yaris.

Not a lot of success stories with piggyback management.

Jason on here is using the CamCon successfully. Carlos is using the FIC, but won't give a lot of details about it, so it's hard to say much about that one.

I don't know anyone who has tuned with an eManage yet -- which doesn't mean you can't do it, it just means no one has who can help you with your tune.

What shop can tune your car? What management are they comfortable with? Do they guarantee results? those are the questions to ask right now, IMO.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.

Last edited by cali yaris; 03-30-2010 at 11:53 PM.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 10:11 PM   #3
supahflysrt4

i have a shop who can tune with anything. hes very good and this means VERY busy id have to wait 4-6 mo just for a baseline tune and i cant do that unless another car falls in my lap as mine is my daily. my other concern is i have already bought and installed the neo and only enjoyed it for about 2 weeks. i dont want to spend the money on another system to end up at square 1 again. i have already bought all the parts i need to fab my own kit and i have a motor at the machine shop which will be done in a few weeks. so at the moment i dont have the money for a standalone or the patience to hang onto the parts until i do. even if i did id have to wait 4-6 mo to get the ems running as well. at this point im picking up a fic and starting over. anyone who has any tips please share if you can im gonna need all the help i can get. thanks
Old 04-01-2010, 08:55 PM   #4
supahflysrt4

one more thing... do they make a high flow fuel pump for the yaris or will the standard walbro 255 fit?
Old 04-02-2010, 01:33 AM   #5
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Walbro works for me, I'm running 632cc injectors
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 04-02-2010, 07:35 PM   #6
supahflysrt4

there are 2 versions of the 255, a -1 and -2 which is the high pressure version? i wont need a 632 for awhile i got a set of 450cc injectors and adding a return w/ regulator. maybe even a step-up for the pump. i think this will be the best way to control the fuel and afr's with a piggy back.
Old 04-03-2010, 12:29 PM   #7
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Unless you're running boost, you don't need 450cc injectors.
Old 04-03-2010, 04:17 PM   #8
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
what is the AFC neo tricking to attain your desired AFR's? O2? MAF?
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 08:15 PM   #9
supahflysrt4

im waiting for my fic to come in and then it will be boosted, but just barely for now. it was inline with the maf until i took it off.