Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-26-2007, 09:46 AM   #1
SoHigh

Drives: 2007 Blue Yaris
Help? lol

I just bought a kenwood KDC-MP235 head unit for my yaris hatch back.. I had hooked up the power wires(not the audio wires) when I first got it and it worked, the screen showed it playing the cd that is.. Now I just finished hooking up all of the audio wires to the back of it. When I go to put a CD in it pulls it in just fine(which I guess it means it has power) but the screen won't turn on and I can't turn it on by hitting the power button. Anybody have any idea where my problem might be? I'm a real noob at this stuff so if you could point me in the right direction it would be much appreciated .
SoHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2007, 10:47 PM   #2
SoHigh

Drives: 2007 Blue Yaris
I figured out what my problem was... I figured I would post it if anybody else has the same thing happen to them.

All I had to do was replace the fuse for the ignition power line down under the stearing wheel. After I did that everything worked fine...
SoHigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:09 AM   #3
earljail

Drives: 07 Yaris Hatch 5speed
Yeah, you're technically supposed to disconnect your battery to replace stereo. You must have blown the fuse accidently while installing.
earljail is offline   Reply With Quote