Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-31-2009, 12:01 PM   #1
kac

Drives: 2009 Meteorite 3dr
Cruise-In Car Shows...

There is a big (for this area) cruise-in car show today near where I live, and it makes me wish I would have had a couple extra thousand dollars when I first got my car so that it would be ready for car shows this summer.

My question to you, What is the minimum you would have to do (or have done) to your car to get it up to "show standards"?

I'm just talking basicly about cruise-in car shows that don't have real requirements for people to enter them.
kac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:55 PM   #2
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Well if the car is brand new all you need is springs and rims and looks good any where from $1000 to $1200 should cover it
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:19 AM   #3
kac

so true. There were new cars with less work than that put into 'em at the show I was at tonight...
Old 08-01-2009, 03:48 AM   #4
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
My Mustang just has exhaust work done to it and its only three years old but I still take it to shows around my town
Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 03:57 AM   #5
kac

yeah nothing wrong with that, as I said these cruise-ins don't have requirements to get in. I few more hundreds in mods on the yaris and it'll be in some cruise-ins around here. Nobody around here has one with any mods anyway, so it sticks out. Even if I still haven't replaced the steelies and hubcaps yet it's a unique car.
Old 08-01-2009, 04:13 AM   #6
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
i have put my echo in some local shows, and i actually found someone about 2 months after the last one i had the car in, who went out and bought a car like mine and started on it... crap, i wanted originality points..... but that is still cool that i seem to be starting a trend...

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 04:34 AM   #7
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
nice wheels, a lil drop, a nice exhaust, tint, that covers the main external appearance bases. Make sure it's CLEAN AND SHINY too, of course

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 11:19 AM   #8
Greenthunder

Drives: 2006 Ford Mustang GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
nice wheels, a lil drop, a nice exhaust, tint, that covers the main external appearance bases. Make sure it's CLEAN AND SHINY too, of course
Quoted for truth on the Clean and Shiny bit!
Qmobile listen to this man he speaks the truth!
Greenthunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:26 PM   #9
jonismyname

Drives: 08 liftback 5spd
lowering springs- $80
rectangular driving lights- $40
trailer hitch- $80
fresh wax.
you def get points for trailer hitchs and ugly driving lights. ask the guys at the rockland show. i drove there on stock steelies, and left with some nice konigs :) didn't want to put my car in the show, actually parked in spectator parking, but they talked me into it. only car there with ugly driving lights.

orrr,
lowering springs for under $100, and nice trim rings for ~40...
and another 20 or 30 on good wax and microfiber towels. taking care of the thing counts too.
jonismyname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2009, 02:31 PM   #10
kac

changing out the hubcaps helps in the unique looks dept. I may have to look into some chrome beauty rings if I can't afford a set of alloy wheels in the super near future.
Old 08-01-2009, 02:41 PM   #11
jonismyname

Drives: 08 liftback 5spd
chrome trim rings-
get center covers of some sort. cheap napa ones are nice if cleaned up.
take them off if you drive in winter. they'll rust daily.
clean the steely up nice, it's a very attractive look when done.

http://picasaweb.google.com/jonmoreh...93884662884034
jonismyname is offline   Reply With Quote