Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-09-2015, 03:31 PM   #1
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Problem with weather stripping on the roof

Drive a 15 Yaris SE. Went to the passenger side today and noticed the weather stripping on the roof is loose the entire way down. Pushed it back down, but it's loose. Thought maybe that's the way it was supposed to be. Went to the driver side and it is firmly attached. Some French man must've been drunk the day he reported to work. Hopefully get in to Toyota in the next couple of weeks to have it fixed. First issue, as minor as it seems.
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
So far, the only problem I've found with my 2015 SE is on rough, vibration-inducing roads, I get some annoying vibration noise coming from the front drivers-side pillar area. It only manifests itself on those crappy, choppy roads though - which there are quite a few around here, especially in-town. I'm not sure if that is something the dealer can/will fix.

Last edited by Kalispel; 10-09-2015 at 06:35 PM.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 09:05 PM   #3
matti

Drives: 2017 Yaris L (5sp manual)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalispel View Post
So far, the only problem I've found with my 2015 SE is on rough, vibration-inducing roads, I get some annoying vibration noise coming from the front drivers-side pillar area. It only manifests itself on those crappy, choppy roads though - which there are quite a few around here, especially in-town. I'm not sure if that is something the dealer can/will fix.
This reminds me of when I got my new 2012 Yaris. I never had a car that rattled so much! It's a great car, of course, and I'm used to all of those rattles and buzzes now!
matti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 10:59 PM   #4
Kalispel

Drives: '15 Yaris SE 5MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by matti View Post
This reminds me of when I got my new 2012 Yaris. I never had a car that rattled so much! It's a great car, of course, and I'm used to all of those rattles and buzzes now!
Luckily that is the only rattle/vibration that I have experienced thus far, and it only occurs on certain types of roads. Other than that, the car seems as tight as a drum.
Kalispel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2015, 12:23 AM   #5
BLKHILLSGUY

Drives: 2011 3dr LB Polar White
Quote:
Luckily that is the only rattle/vibration that I have experienced thus far, and it only occurs on certain types of roads. Other than that, the car seems as tight as a drum.
Same here. The car feels a lot tighter and more solid than my 2011 Yaris. Seems to be much higher quality on the interior. Super solid. Even more solid than my 13 Avalon Limited. And the seats are even more comfortable. The better half always comments on how nice Theodore rides and how comfortable the front and rear seats are. I haven't sat in the rear. Specifically bought the manual so nobody else can drive it ;)
BLKHILLSGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2015, 01:30 PM   #6
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Quote:
My '07 does that (although it probably rattles in a few more places than your '15 lol) and I narrowed it down to the bitch grip. Next time you're on one of those rough roads and hear the rattle, grab onto the bitch grip and see if it stops.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote