Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-24-2010, 02:19 PM   #1
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Body Kit Installation Prices?

I'm currently debating whether I want to drop the money into a body kit, but my main concern is how much it would cost to have it installed professionally. So my question to those of you who had an aftermarket body kit installed professionally is how much it cost you? I've called around and I can't get a definitive quote because all body kits attach differently...
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 05:10 PM   #2
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
with prep and paint? body kit or lip kit? For a full body kit, the range I've experienced is $1000-3000. One thing is to make sure the body shop is comfortable with aftermarket work. If all they do is insurance work, you might end up with lower quality than you wanted. Just my experience.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:52 AM   #3
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
depends on the quality of the work and the quality of the kit. Most kits for the Yaris are urethane so they attach well. Fiberglass kits are typically garbage and require extensive work to get to fit right.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 05:55 AM   #4
PHXDEMON

Drives: 2007 Red Liftback
That being said I bought my yaris with the kamanari lip kit already installed. I personally would rather throw money at coilovers to lower the car properly vs wasting money on a body kit if I bought it stock.
PHXDEMON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 07:10 PM   #5
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHXDEMON View Post
That being said I bought my yaris with the kamanari lip kit already installed. I personally would rather throw money at coilovers to lower the car properly vs wasting money on a body kit if I bought it stock.
+100000
I got my fiberglass Ait diablo kit for free kinda(traded for my stock bumpers ) and now the kit is beat to shit after 1 1/2 years and I drive very carefully too , its just fiberglass wears a lot worse than a oem plastic/ ureathane bumpers now im replacing that kit with a plastic rs style kit .
I spent a few hundred for my replica rs kit from microimage and am still getting qoutes on paint matching to my blacksandperal color which are ranging for 400-1k+
Old 02-01-2010, 10:41 PM   #6
justjesus

Drives: 2008 Liftback
yikes. i was just looking at body kits :( oh dear.
justjesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:21 PM   #7
Focus_Sh1ft

Drives: 08 Yaris Turbo; 06 tC Turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
+100000
I got my fiberglass Ait diablo kit for free kinda(traded for my stock bumpers ) and now the kit is beat to shit after 1 1/2 years and I drive very carefully too , its just fiberglass wears a lot worse than a oem plastic/ ureathane bumpers now im replacing that kit with a plastic rs style kit .
I spent a few hundred for my replica rs kit from microimage and am still getting qoutes on paint matching to my blacksandperal color which are ranging for 400-1k+
Good god, 400 - 1k+ just for the paint job? This is already looking to be way out of my price range. Truthfully, I was debating lowering springs as an alternative, but I didn't mention it because I knew everyone would tell me to take that route instead. Looks like I don't have much of a choice
Focus_Sh1ft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 02:14 PM   #8
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
There is prep, paint, fitment, and any misc. details.

So yes, you can't just buy a bodykit and throw it on the car....well, you can but we all know what that looks like.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 03:20 PM   #9
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Still, the results are almost always worth it.