Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Fuel Economy Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-20-2009, 04:30 PM   #19
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by PK198105 View Post
get of your high horse, stop listening to talk radio. and be quiet if your post has nothing to do with the original post. he asked about hardware addons hurting MPG and not your financial advice.
Hey ....don't dis talk radio!

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2009, 04:37 PM   #20
MadMax

Drives: 2008 Yaris Liftback (Sprocket)
Big Dave nailed it, it must be the wisdom of his years! (Just kidding, I am only five years behind ya!)

Anyhow, this thread has gotten way out of hand. The OP simply asked if adding "flair" to his Yaris would decrease the mileage, I don't think he was asking for fashion tips! I was hoping to add some to mine, but with tax season upon us I decided it would have to wait. But I still am looking to add a rear spoiler/wing to my 08 BSP LB. A little flair is what sets each one of us apart.

But since I come from the Jeep community, mods are very commonplace and it is more rarer to see a stock rig than one that has been "personalized." Over there it is considered more accepted to change your Jeep, stock rigs are usually driven by folks who don't understand the whole 'waving' thing that Jeep owners do. But it is also understood that not everything is everybody's cup of tea, and different strokes for different folks. I can't think of any more analogies but I think you understand where I am coming from...

Cheers! M2
MadMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2009, 01:45 AM   #21
SilverGlow
Banned

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikenacarato View Post
i really dont see adding these (assuming you refer to the factory sport package parts) decreasing or increasing fuel mileage to the point that you will notice much of anything. my opinion...if you want the kit for fuel mileage, its probably not going to give you a return on your investment...if you want it for looks and you like the looks (and i do like the sport kit) then go for it. its all about what you want :)

and now as far as silverglow...some people just need to be listeners and not talkers...douchebag.
Perhaps you need to attend college. Travel the world too. Go to Europe. Backpack. Read some books. Volunteer to help the unfortunate. Enrich your life by being well read, well traveled, well educated.

Then you too will know the difference between being wise and being mediocre. I know, I used several large words...thats why there's dictionary.com.
SilverGlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:26 PM   #22
daf62757
Nothing beats a Toyota!

Drives: 2013 Yaris 5 dr liftback
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverGlow View Post
Perhaps you need to attend college. Travel the world too. Go to Europe. Backpack. Read some books. Volunteer to help the unfortunate. Enrich your life by being well read, well traveled, well educated.

Then you too will know the difference between being wise and being mediocre. I know, I used several large words...thats why there's dictionary.com.
Dude...you really need to chill!

Synthetic Oil....its in my car.....for at least 10,000 miles!

daf62757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #23
mikenacarato
SIPNDEW

Drives: 15 STI
Send a message via AIM to mikenacarato
i decided to retract my statement. i wont lower myself to silverglow's standards.

Last edited by mikenacarato; 03-02-2009 at 09:13 PM.
mikenacarato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:45 AM   #24
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Life's too short.

If your hobby is cars, like mine is, then enjoy it. Do what you want to the Yaris. It's your car, your money, your mind, and your life. Don't let someone who thinks they are better than everyone else ruin your fun.

SilverGlow, I'm really glad that you make $100,000 per hour, graduated first in your class at Harvard, and have traveled the entire world. It still doesn't mean you get to dictate other people's lives.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:22 PM   #25
SMALLNUMBERS
BLACKED OUT

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan S
Enrich your life = being a wise ass on the internet?

Anyways, i don't think those add-ons are gonna hurt your MPG too much.

Just make sure the wing is ENORMOUS.
SMALLNUMBERS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:19 PM   #26
blktiger60

Drives: `08 HB S
Quote:
Hey young lady, he can do what he wants with his money, Yaris, you name it.

And yes, tomorrow I can lose my job, and your stating that fact only strenghthen's what I wrote before. In othe words, open your eyes and see that the economy is in the toilet, jobs are being lost every second of the day.

You write "...If he wants to enjoy his car let him...". Now how am I preventing him or anyone from "enjoying their car"?

The more immature one is, the more "preachy" people like me sound. But then I guess Dr. Phil, Dr. Laura, and Suzy Orman all sound "preachy" to you too.

Grow. Up. Little. Girl.

Now go boohoo to the moderator, thn go straight to your room and no dinner!!!

Mediocrity, . .
That 100k/yr job is really making you happy isn't it?
Perhaps someday you'll understand how to percieve the world and create happiness in your own life but, that day isn't today.

Quote:

The things you listed haven't helped your happiness co-efficient, Mr. cynical.
I'm sure you haven't noticed yet, happiness is not dependant on comparing your self to others, in fact, it's quite counterproductive.
I don't need to go "backpacking in europe" to create happiness for myself.

I bought my Yaris with the S trim package along with the power package. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase and continue - a year later - to thoroughly enjoy my car.
Old 03-03-2009, 05:25 PM   #27
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
putting a body kit on will only effect your mpg a little, it's the driveing style you adapt once it is on
the will probably hurt more,
if you can afford to do , love the look , and the possable attention - both good and bad
i say go for it , live for today ,as life could end tommorrow
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:42 PM   #28
brody9981

Drives: 09 Mazda Miata MX5
Fellow mediocre "S" driver here....

Usually just a "lurker" but just HAD to chime in for this one! Fellow mediocre "S" driver here.....to the OP, I have noticed NO MPG gain or loss with my stock S setup. I didn't expect too. BUT I can say, 12k miles after my purchase, that I STILL absolutely love my YARIS! I have no regrets on my S......and if that makes me "mediocre" or have a "mediocre" life, so be it! I'm enjoying the hell outta life in my YARIS!
brody9981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 05:44 PM   #29
anonymous user
rarer than JDM -1 of 1!

Drives: 07yaris
Although it's hard to see what a person is like behind their computer profile,
I have got to say that I love Y.W. for all the reasons. There are rich, poor, young old, dumb, intelligent, etc... types of people who register and post here.
Many of my other car forums are either car snobs, and are young punks or older tech mechanic/ engineer-type people. Always caught up in forced induction.

Although you may disagree with Silverglow, and his thread-jacking may be unwanted, he brings a refreshing angle to this forum. Just wanted to add my 2 cents.

And i really think for all the car websites i frequent, Y.W. members do some interesting mods to their vehicles, and have some really interesting personalities here!
anonymous user is offline   Reply With Quote