Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wash, Wax, Detailing, Exterior Repairs
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-03-2009, 02:36 AM   #19
Kaotic Lazagna

Drives: '14 GT86, '08 Vitz
Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear that.
Kaotic Lazagna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2009, 04:51 PM   #20
blktiger60

Drives: `08 HB S
Quote:
Originally Posted by songa View Post
damn....so this past weekend my car took some more damaged. this time, while parked on the street outside my apt. lukcily tho, it was only my side mirror. apparently someone hit it and th eplastic on the mirror is all messed up and cracked and alot of it fell off. somehow, the mirror is OK and still stays in place so its still useable. man...this car is brand new (only had it for 2 or 3 months) and i already got all this damage. i was real excited to do some modifications to it but i just dont care anymore. i dont want to spend all this money on my car and jus thave it get damaged for no reason all the time. being attached to a car sucks!! =( i got a set of unused DF210's that i will probably be selling if anyones ineterested...
Don't let that change what you have planed.
The first thing you need to do is install an alarm, the second thing you need to do is buy a sword like this little gem http://budk.com/product.asp?pn=43%20BK1388

And then when you hear the alarm go off - grab your sword and make them bleed.

Oh and ya, I have that sword - among others
Old 02-06-2009, 10:41 AM   #21
raz1121

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
repaint the whole car in lexus tungsten pearl
raz1121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2009, 11:36 AM   #22
Nagoya_TRD.

Drives: None.
As far as the scratch goes, if you can see the primer underneath (feel it with the tip of the fingernail), then 100 percent sure it cannot completely go away. Even to blend it, you need some machine work (use a DeWalt or Makita rotary polisher), becuase only the machine builds enough heat to "blend the clearcoat" to where the scratch is barely visible to the naked eye.

As far as the mirror, try to buff that out as well lol.

J/K
Nagoya_TRD. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2009, 03:54 AM   #23
djgab101

Drives: toyota yaris
if i saw anyone doing that to my car they would be eating threw a straw!!!!!
djgab101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:14 PM   #24
Syroyizhka

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
It sucks that you got keyed, but get this, I got my car, and I went to walmart, 2 hours later, i find my bumper scratched by a dumbass who was parked next time me.. It was a fuckng buick, hate those cars now....after 2 hours of getting a car, some asshole decides to rub against my rear bumper!
Syroyizhka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 04:16 PM   #25
33OH

Drives: '08 Yaris
Last time I went to Cleveland, someone backed into the back corner of my bumper too, scraped it all up and took a little paint off the back fender.
33OH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:22 PM   #26
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
people suck.....

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2009, 06:57 PM   #27
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Happened to a friend of mine. Scratch X from Mequiars got it all out, for her, fortunately. I got some Scratch X this WE because some idiot left me a "souvenir" ding on the door, already!

Stupid people do stupid things. I used to replace my old car antenna on a regular basis because idiots used to go down the street and break all the antenas for "fun."
tomato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 02:55 PM   #28
nerp

Drives: 2009 3dr LB Meteorite Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by songa View Post
damn....so this past weekend my car took some more damaged. this time, while parked on the street outside my apt. lukcily tho, it was only my side mirror. apparently someone hit it and th eplastic on the mirror is all messed up and cracked and alot of it fell off. somehow, the mirror is OK and still stays in place so its still useable. man...this car is brand new (only had it for 2 or 3 months) and i already got all this damage. i was real excited to do some modifications to it but i just dont care anymore. i dont want to spend all this money on my car and jus thave it get damaged for no reason all the time. being attached to a car sucks!! =( i got a set of unused DF210's that i will probably be selling if anyones ineterested...
How much is your insurance deductible? You might just want to eat the cost and get your baby all brand spankin new again.
nerp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2009, 03:02 PM   #29
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
this is one of the main reason by i do hesitate to buy new car..my yaris had beed corner swiped on parking lot and now had a bumper scratch which is not too bad and in this case atleast it took 10 months b4 it happen..i was expecting it though.
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote