Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 10-23-2010, 04:28 PM   #1
rtom

Drives: 2010 Yaris 3-door liftback MT
strange radio problem (rare)

Every once in a while -- well, it has happened 2 or 3 times in the 10 months I have had my '10 LB -- my radio will go into a weird mode in which the display completely disappears even though I am listening to it. In addition, when it is in this mode, pressing any of the buttons will turn the radio off (and maybe on again, but I am not sure about that part).

I seem to recall that this happens when I touch the on/off-volume control knob, and by turning it on and off again several times it eventually returns to normal.

I did search this forum for weird radio issues, but I haven't encountered anything quite like this.

Sound familiar to anyone? Anybody familiar with this care to say what fixed it?

I'm thinking I should take it in to the dealer while it's still under warranty.
rtom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 05:00 PM   #2
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by rtom View Post
I'm thinking I should take it in to the dealer while it's still under warranty.

that is your best bet however since it is happening out of the blue every so often if you have a camcorder on your phone possibly you might want to record it when it happens to show the dealer.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2011, 10:36 PM   #3
carlmeistr
I've made a post!

Drives: 2009 HB 3 door
I experienced the same thing.

2009 Hatchback with 35,900 miles. Fired it up this morning. touched the station button, ejected the CD and turned off, no text display. Any button you touch turns the thing on or off. Drove for about six miles, display went of and on then went through a weird character mode, like almost it was booting a computer.
carlmeistr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
swidd

Drives: Yaris HB
I have a spare stock in the trunk. Free, just pay shipping. Not that I think it will fix your problems. lol. I had mine replaced under warranty two days after I bought the car because the display went blank and the CD player didn't play CDs.
swidd is offline   Reply With Quote