Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-29-2015, 05:57 PM   #1
joell

Drives: 2013 Hatchback
Fortin EVO-ALL and the 2013 HB Yaris

In search of a security solution for my car I found a product that caught my attention, a recent trend of all-in-one programmable remote starter, alarm and immobilizer bypass units from Canada like the iDatalink and the Fortin EVO Series

I rather like these CAN modules beacuse of the íntegration with the car systems. I want to keep the oem remote and add a simple alarm (horn). I confess that I am not a fan of the chinese clones alarms and DEI products available in my country so I contacted Fortin asking the following:

"Fortin products are designed mostly for US and Canada market spec vehicles. I have a 2013 Toyota Yaris with no immobiliser (No G-Key, No black ring around the ignition) and I want to consult if is posible an installation of the EVO-ALL just for the Built -in Alarm and and Lock functions to be controled with the OEM remote.
Thanks"

And they answered:

"The Can-Bus convenience features should still be functional but was never tested on vehicles without a transponder system. They are two different circuits but the vehicle may also have a different can-bus. The unit would need to be programmed for Can-Bus only which is a very simple programming procedure.

Best Regards,"

I appreciate any thoughts or experience with these products
joell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2016, 01:13 PM   #2
joell

Some time ago I started buying the principal parts of the system: the EVO-ALL module, the USB updating tool and more recently the shock sensor (it looks the same that the classic Directed 504D, just with diferent color case and logo). So expect updates about this alarm install...

Old 05-10-2016, 01:51 PM   #3
joell

Exclamation

Well, I did the install following the quide PDF , flashed the module with the software and conneted the CAN high and low to the OBD plug and programmed just for the CAN alarm convenience functions but I just want to warn that as stated Here OEM remote monitoring is not posible with my car.

So I cannot arm or disarm the alarm with with the OEM remote, I need to buy a RF kit (remotes and a antenna) to use this function :( Youtube

I just post this as useful information to any user interested in buying this remote started/immobiliser bypass/alarm.

Edit: seems like remote OEM monitoring is only avalable on 2015 and up models (H key):

Last edited by joell; 05-10-2016 at 03:46 PM. Reason: removed an entire paragraph about the factory remote.