Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-09-2016, 03:50 PM   #1
Northern18

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris RS
Aux help

Hello,

I'm fairly new and this is the first time I post to yarisworld. I've been lurking and reading a lot learning about this car. I just recently purchased a 2006 Yaris RS. It is the 5 door hatchback model with the manual transmission.

I found the connector in the center console near the parking brake/shifter for the AUX, I have a 4 pin connector there. I tried jumping pin 3 and 4(the red and the greyish black wires) with a 2.2k ohms resistor and tried to push on cd to go to the aux mode and nothing happens, it plays the cd's like it wasn't connected.

I then went further into my exploration to check if this connector was even plugged into the radio, I pulled out the radio and I can clearly see a connector with the 4 wires in it. I pulled out the connector behind the radio and tested the wires for continuity between the plug behind the radio and the plug in the center console. Everything is good.

The only other thing I can think of is that the head unit is not AUX capable, but if that's the case why would the plug be wired into the head unit if it wasn't capable of using that connection? I don't know how to tell if the head unit is or isn't AUX capable either. The Toyota part number I have for the head unit is: 08600-00999 and the faceplate has another number on it: 31811.

The more I look into this the more I think this radio does not allow AUX inputs but I figured I'd check with people here before coming to that conclusion. Maybe someone here knows another detail I missed. I've been through all the threads I could find about this subject and didn't find anything that helps me.

Thanks for your help!
Northern18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 04:38 PM   #2
WeeYari

Drives: 06 Polar White 5dr, 13 Soul 4u
Not AUX capable.

Here is an old discussion thread http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/sho...581#post366581
Old 04-09-2016, 04:56 PM   #3
Northern18

Drives: 2006 Toyota Yaris RS
Thanks for the quick response! :) Behind my radio it looks like the image below and I have that empty plug back there like in this image. Would that be the "CD Changer" plug? I found this http://www.gtacarkits.com/product/to...phone-aux-kit/ and was wondering if it uses that plug that is unused in my radio but it would keep the internal 6 cd changer functionality if I wanted to use the CD's instead? It seems a little pricy though. All I want is the AUX, don't really need the other gadgets. Not sure if anyone knows where to find something that could plug into that port for aux without being 100$.

Northern18 is offline   Reply With Quote