Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 05-02-2016, 03:51 PM   #1
ern-diz

Drives: 2007 Liftback
Pioneer AVH-280BT

Posted about this in the General forum, but thought it'd make sense to add here in case folks are considering this head unit.

2016 Pioneer AVH-280BT
Touchscreen, double-din unit claims 50 watts per channel max and about 15 watts RMS.
AM/FM, Bluetooth, USB/iPOD, DVD and AUX.
Preset EQ modes and two programmable custom sets.
Low, medium and high loudness settings.
Multiple pre-filtering settings.
Passive crossover (subwoofer) setting and more.

Definitely brought the stock speakers to life. More clarity and volume. I especially like that when I start the car up, it auto connects to my phone via Bluetooth and starts playing whatever I was listening to last (podcast app, Google Play Music, Pandora, etc.). Most of the controls are by touch, but you also have volume and a couple other controls on hard buttons along the left of the unit. The install comes with a wired mic for phone calls that neatly sits on the rear view mirror and a USB connection that most run to one of the glove boxes.

There isn't a way to cast from a device (mobile phone, tablet) to the unit for on-screen navigation, but when connected via Bluetooth, it will lower the volume and play directions over whatever you're listening to (as you'd expect with a wired AUX jack). I'm happy with it for the money and would recommend it to anyone who didn't require on-screen navigation, Android Auto, etc. Goes without saying that those units are significantly more costly.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20160430_180400.jpg (259.7 KB, 90 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20160430_185049.jpg (305.5 KB, 87 views)

Last edited by ern-diz; 01-24-2017 at 01:35 PM. Reason: Update review.
ern-diz is offline   Reply With Quote