Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 04-08-2010, 08:12 AM   #1
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Tein S.tech Review

Well I had them installed yesterday along with Tokico blues (already had my UR 23mm sway on) and all I can say is I had mixed emotions. Obviously since the car was up on a lift and the suspension was hanging, it was impossible to really tell what it'll look like once it gets on the floor. As the lift was coming down and the wheels finally touched, the car just kept going lower..and lower. I had a look on my face that obviously gave away some sort of amazement because the mechanic asked if I was ok and it must have been the drop I was looking for lol.

Now for getting the car off the hoist, he had to slightly lift up the car so I could swing the hoist arms out from underneath the vehicle lol. It's not slammed but it's definitely lower than I would have expected.

Driving impressions were nothing less than stellar. The comfort level to me is actually better than stock setup and the handling is amazing. There's a turn by my house that is a bit more than a 90 degree right hand turn, probably like a 120, and the car just hugged the turn tighter than ever with some good speed. I'm still a little uneasy about really seeing what it can do because obviously I just got the setup on and it's only smart to learn the car since it's not the same as before. It definitely feels more oversteer prone than the TigerTecs I had on before.

One thing is though, I'm not sure I understand how it couldn't be low enough. Those other guys out there who want an even lower spring, you crazy! lol

Anyone drive through the winter with the Teins? If so, find it pretty difficult dealing with the snow, etc?
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
markitect

Drives: Yaris
If you check most of the guys that go really low live in warmer climates. I would worry about all the pot holes around here more then anything.
markitect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:03 AM   #3
marcus
toyota

Drives: 2007 Yaris RS Blazed
pictures pls..
marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:49 AM   #4
Thirty-Nine
Small cars are a big deal

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback
Send a message via AIM to Thirty-Nine
I've got this combo, too and I love it. It's low, handles well, and rides well. I think it's a good compromise of setups for primarily street-driven Yarii. No complaints!
Thirty-Nine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 10:50 AM   #5
DARK AGE 53

Drives: 2009 Yaris Onyx
Quote:
Originally Posted by detroiter View Post
Anyone drive through the winter with the Teins? If so, find it pretty difficult dealing with the snow, etc?
Being from Michigan I would hate to drive a lowered Yaris in the snow, if you have wide tires it will make even worse. JMO

Later,
Al
DARK AGE 53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 11:57 AM   #6
detroiter

Well I drove through part of the winter with the TigerTecs and although isn't as low, it still wasn't bad at all. I thought that the car actually handled better in the snow weather than stock.

39 is right on the spot with it being a real nice combo. It's pretty low already so I can't imagine it getting much lower with spring settling. The tires are pretty much flush with the wheelwell lips.
Old 04-09-2010, 02:47 PM   #7
detroiter

I was wondering, has anyone had any rear wheel toe or camber issues with the Tein springs? Or does it stay in spec pretty good
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
Old 04-09-2010, 03:59 PM   #8
coffiend

Drives: 08 Black LB
I drove through Omaha's winter this year on the s. Techs.

I didn't have any troubles, I got stuck once only because a residential street hadn't been plowed yet. I was about 99% sure I would have got stuck on stock suspension too, I have no idea why I even tried.

Enjoy!
coffiend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2010, 04:58 PM   #9
ezhacker1

Drives: Decepticon - Ravage
i wish i could go low, but i need to drive youth home from youth group so thats 3 people in the back and it makes my NFs drop an inch. If i went low it would have to be some pretty stiff springs.

Check out my Build thread:
http://www.yarisworld.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52274
ezhacker1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 04:28 PM   #10
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2010, 04:03 PM   #11
marlondog
Shut your fricken suck!!!

Drives: 07' liftback
S-tEcH's aRe Da bEsTeSt!
marlondog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 08:47 PM   #12
New2tuning
1st mod project at 35

Drives: 2008 Yaris
I was looking to buy these. ?Got Pics?