Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-30-2009, 07:52 AM   #19
ROCKLAND TOYOTA
TRIM HUNTER

Drives: 2007 BLAZIN BLUE YARIS 3 DR
Quote:
Originally Posted by chew246214 View Post
today I can understand, there is at least50-60 mph winds going and boy are they cold.... It's the everyday normal wind that concerns me... I deal with it, but my wife bitches about it so bad she dosen't want to drive it and wants to take the suburban which defeats the purpose of buying a car that gets 40 plus miles per gallon on a 75 mile commute to work....Just trying not to spend money on useless parts thats all..... Also found this ad...
*****For SALE w/ InstaLL Tanabe DF210 Lowering springs for 07-08 Toyota Yaris...used for the summer and now clean and in the box
---INSTALLED $250 within 2hrs

***Springs alone for $150 obo***
I need to double check it was for a sedan if not are they interchangable? and it seems like a decent price to me considering he is willing to install them.(I don't ave time) any thoughts?
NORMAL everyday driving will benefit from the swaybar right away and with the springs its makes things even better........

Quote:
Originally Posted by supmet View Post
@rockland
We've had pretty heavy winds out of the cajon pass the past few weeks with steady winds at 30-40 and gusts at 60-70. My sedan doesn't handle that bad, its a little scary sometimes, but I can definitely hold it steady. Maybe its time for an alignment
not a bad suggestion seeing as its been almost 3 years now and it couldn't hurt. also the liftback isn't as wind friendly as the sedan so my normal commute yesterday was greeted by 2 hands on the wheel and the hopes there was no ice patches around when i got jolted.

TOYOTA PARTS AT A DISCOUNT........
ROCKLAND TOYOTA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #20
chew246214

Drives: 2009 yaris sedan base
BTW meant to tell you rockland toyota.... I used to live up by you and worked for the dodge dealer on 17 in Ramsey that closed... Used to drive by you all the time dealing with accounts and one of your techs or service guys used to buy parts from us all the time.... Find that kinda funny....
chew246214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 01:36 PM   #21
chew246214

Drives: 2009 yaris sedan base
Oh and I shouldn't need an alignment yet.. no real bumps hit yet.. only been driving it the last 2 weeks... we bought it a few months ago but had a lease that was very low on miles that went back 2 weeks ago so we racked the miles on that before we got rid of it.... Actually bought it with the cash for clunkers deal and then parked it in the garage until two weeks ago.... so we only started to put miles on it.. it sat in the garage with 4 miles for a few months....
chew246214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:13 PM   #22
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
I installed the TRD swaybar before the other mod's and found it significantly reduced wind buffetting due to crosswinds and truck wake. A worthwhile investment for this reason alone, not to mention the great cornering improvement. Should have been added at the factory. It's that much better / safer.

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote