Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-05-2007, 05:12 PM   #37
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
$150 is "big bucks"?

Well helllooo Mrs. Vanderbilt!
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:15 PM   #38
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin View Post
$150 is "big bucks"?

Well helllooo Mrs. Vanderbilt!
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #39
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
For the record, I wasn't laughing with him...
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 05:17 PM   #40
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChinoCharles View Post
For the record, I wasn't laughing with him...
Old 02-05-2007, 05:34 PM   #41
whoguy

Drives: Yaris YRS Sedan
Hi,

That sway bar is cool. Yes, sway bars definitely make a difference. In this case it's adding torsional stiffness to the bar, resulting in more transfer of weight to the rear under cornering. Yes, the car will corner more flatly, will it corner faster? Maybe... depending on tyre. If you transfer too much weight to the rear...i.e. ultra stiff sway bar... you'll be slippen and slidden in the rear all over the place.

Thanks
whoguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:23 PM   #42
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
what ever you say, i had the TRD rear sway bar on my old echo, and i didnt feel sh!t, maybe you think it does make a difference because you paid big bucks for it, and it's all in your head, bottom line is, i did not feel any difference it made and im not going to lie about it to make myself happy just because i pay the bucks for it, enjoy your rear sway bar.
I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but you info was just wrong. You provide insightful information in other areas but in this case it is incorrect. I just don't like seeing misinformation spread. Nothing personal.

I don't have a bar yet, but will be ordering one very soon. The Xa/Xb owners tell a very different story than you regarding the effectivness of the rear sway bars. It seems like the Scions have a suspension closer in design to ours than the older Echos. Mabye the echo bar wasn't designed as well or was less effective for whatever reason. I am confidant a rear sway bar will provide the best handling gain in the Yaris platform aside from tires.

Ashley
largeorangefont is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2007, 09:23 PM   #43
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
I knew Ashley would school that responce with some very helpful answers.

You know me already :)
Old 02-05-2007, 09:47 PM   #44
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
Yaris TTE JWRC:

I am a few senseless pissing contests away from leaving this forum for good, and I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this sentiment...

Cheers
Im not sure what are you trying to say there....maybe you can explain it better??

Last edited by Yaris TTE JWRC; 02-05-2007 at 10:25 PM.
Old 02-05-2007, 09:50 PM   #45
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
I'm not trying to call you out or anything, but you info was just wrong. You provide insightful information in other areas but in this case it is incorrect. I just don't like seeing misinformation spread. Nothing personal.

I don't have a bar yet, but will be ordering one very soon. The Xa/Xb owners tell a very different story than you regarding the effectivness of the rear sway bars. It seems like the Scions have a suspension closer in design to ours than the older Echos. Mabye the echo bar wasn't designed as well or was less effective for whatever reason. I am confidant a rear sway bar will provide the best handling gain in the Yaris platform aside from tires.

Ashley
by the way all the TRD parts for the Scion Xa , and Xb are also works for the echo, they all have the same chassis and engine, so im not sure if your info is right, and the Yaris is a totally different car from the Echo, Xa, and Xb, maybe you need to do more researches, i have been on the Siconlife forum for a long time, so dont get me wrog.
Old 02-05-2007, 11:22 PM   #46
Yaris TTE JWRC

Just to let y'all know that im only speak and confirm the things that i have done before, and i know what will, and what will not work on the Yaris as I look at my own Yaris and my old Echo, everything desgined for the Scion Xa and Xb fits my Echo because they all have the same chassis, engine, and tranny, Yaris is a totally new and different car from the old Xa, Xb, and echo, and I aint gonna BullSh*t y'all, if you dont trust what im telling you and you want to waste your money, go ahead go for it, i dont give a damn
just trying to help, i guess not
Old 02-06-2007, 12:13 AM   #47
Biggie™

Drives: '07 3 Door Yaris of Doom!
largeorangefont 100% correct

Yaris TTE JWRC 100% wrong

That is all...
Old 02-06-2007, 12:30 AM   #48
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Quote:
what ever you say, i had the TRD rear sway bar on my old echo, and i didnt feel sh!t, maybe you think it does make a difference because you paid big bucks for it, and it's all in your head, bottom line is, i did not feel any difference it made and im not going to lie about it to make myself happy just because i pay the bucks for it, enjoy your rear sway bar.
You must be the only person on earth that cannot feel the benefit of a rear sway bar upgrade on a FWD car.....course it could be because you painted your STEELIES WHITE!!!
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 12:31 AM   #49
Nimble
Modification Condoner.

Drives: 2007 Black Sand Liftback
Quote:
Im not sure what are you trying to say there....maybe you can explain it better??
He explained it fine. You=annoying as shit.
Nimble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:18 AM   #50
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
You must be the only person on earth that cannot feel the benefit of a rear sway bar upgrade on a FWD car.....course it could be because you painted your STEELIES WHITE!!!
do u have a prpblem with me painting my wheels white?? if you do why not tell me about it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimble View Post
He explained it fine. You=annoying as shit.
who are you calling annoying as shit??? do i look like ya mama??
Old 02-06-2007, 01:42 AM   #51
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Quote:
Just to let y'all know that im only speak and confirm the things that i have done before, and i know what will, and what will not work on the Yaris as I look at my own Yaris and my old Echo, everything desgined for the Scion Xa and Xb fits my Echo because they all have the same chassis, engine, and tranny, Yaris is a totally new and different car from the old Xa, Xb, and echo, and I aint gonna BullSh*t y'all, if you dont trust what im telling you and you want to waste your money, go ahead go for it, i dont give a damn
just trying to help, i guess not
Not that I even understand much of that, but if the Yaris is totally different than the Echo and the Xa/Xb, then why are you saying that the Yaris TRD rear swaybar won't work based on your experience with a rear swaybar on your old Echo, which by your own admission is a different car?
Old 02-06-2007, 02:20 AM   #52
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 02:59 AM   #53
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biggie™ View Post
largeorangefont 100% correct

Yaris TTE JWRC 100% wrong

That is all...
Old 02-06-2007, 07:58 AM   #54
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Yet another yarisworld post turned to shit...
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote