Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Wheels, Tires and Suspension Forum sponsored by The Tire Rack

Old 02-06-2007, 07:59 AM   #55
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Where's all the new super moderators?
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:12 AM   #56
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I'm here, keeping a watchful eye. Everyone needs to take a chill pill and wait for more people who have installed one of these sway bars on a new Yaris to tell us about it, like Violin.

Despite his prickly and infuriating manner, Yaris TTE WRC is trying to share his experience. But, I have to side with the others, he's quite wrong about most of this! Dude, I have trouble admitting when I am wrong... But when a bunch of people consider you a dumbass about one thing, there's a pretty good chance they are right

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:13 AM   #57
punch

Drives: 2007 Yaris Sedan "D" package
Quote:
Originally Posted by echo_hrs View Post
Yaris TTE JWRC:

Is it really necessary for you to jump into every thread that exists for parts you don't intend to use or purchase and flame everyone who chooses to use that particular part?...

What do you seek to gain, other than thread pollution, by crapping on people who believe in the part, and choose to buy it whether it's for "TRD prestige" or for functional improvements...

I am a few senseless pissing contests away from leaving this forum for good, and I'm sure I'm not the only one feeling this sentiment...

Cheers
easy echo, you know better then to let another person piss you off, take your meds today???

on/topic;

i wish it was warmer my sway bar is sitting pretty looking to be installed.
punch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:35 AM   #58
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Drives: Yaris 1.5 Manual
You know, I can't really see clearly (from the photo), but if you've got a rear swaybar on your rally Echo and you also have rubbish tires on it, it wouldn't come as *any* surprise that you felt that the swaybar was useless.

The tire would let go before the car builds any sort of useful side Gs that bring the suspension (and the rollbar) into play.

Of course, I could be wrong, as I often am, you might really have some decent tires on that rally Echo, and your rear swaybar might really not work.

If swaybars don't work, no one would use it on any car at all. Your opinion that it didn't work on the Echo holds no water, because we're using it on a Yaris.

Let the guy who's installed it tell us if it works.

P.S: For a guy whose rattle-can-sprayed his steelies white and his spoiler red, $150 *is* a lot of money to be throwing away. :P
cleong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:39 AM   #59
Yaris TTE JWRC

Drives: 07 5spd red Yaris HB 1.5L 16V
Quote:
Originally Posted by eTiMaGo View Post
you a dumbass
why are u calling me a dumbass?? i dont call others a dumbass even when i think others are wrong, do you think you are a smart ass?
Yaris TTE JWRC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:43 AM   #60
Go4th

Drives: Yaris S Sedan color Flint Mica
I happen to appreciate Yaris TTE JWRC comments and everyone else’s too. In the end we will have two opinions two view points and you have to make your educated decision on the results you think you will have or what you want to accomplish. Aside of the adrenalin going here, (which is 50% of why I have been viewing it) I seem to think this thread has not gone to shit yet. Now either I have calmed things down or stirred it up more... take your pick now... now without further ado "LETS GET IT ON"... ding,ding,ding!! lol
Go4th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:44 AM   #61
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by cleong View Post

P.S: For a guy whose rattle-can-sprayed his steelies white and his spoiler red, $150 *is* a lot of money to be throwing away. :P

Does my white steelies and red spoiler have anything to do with this sway bar thread??? how theres always people like you want to attack others on the forum that has nothing to do with the topic?
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #62
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaris TTE JWRC View Post
Does my white steelies and red spoiler have anything to do with this sway bar thread??? how theres always people like you want to attack others on the forum that has nothing to do with the topic?
No, I'm not attacking you for that. You have every right and reason to do whatever you see fit to your car. I am putting into context for the others who do not see it why you might actually regard a $152 sway bar a large sum of money that should not be wasted.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:46 AM   #63
Chris07LB
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris Liftback
Quote:
Dont play into the comments... that is whats taking this more and more off topic.
Chris07LB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:47 AM   #64
Go4th

i like your wheels.. the 1st time i saw it i thought that was great.. you have to appreciate other people's ideas sometime or another.. after all thats why 1/2 of us do the same thing. either you like it or dont. dont mean you have to do it. just appreciate what other people have done.. its their taste. but i do think that was a cool looking idea..
Old 02-06-2007, 08:47 AM   #65
Yaris TTE JWRC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Dont play into the comments... that is whats taking this more and more off topic.
Dont even post ur comments thats what you should say
Old 02-06-2007, 08:56 AM   #66
Go4th

i think he is saying that so far page five has nothing to do with trd sway bar for sedan..
Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #67
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
Quote:
why are u calling me a dumbass?? i dont call others a dumbass even when i think others are wrong, do you think you are a smart ass?
Dude, for everyone's sake, calm down, and take the time to read and understand what I was writing about. Nobody's calling you a dumbass, but you gotta understand that by the way you are responding in such an aggressive manner to anything anyone says about you, you are only making a fool of yourself.

People joke, people are sarcastic, satirical, and sometimes on a forum it's hard to tell if they are being truly mean to you or not. But you can't take everything personally.

For example, this discussion. Here is your original response to these sway bars:

A rear sway bar on a torsion beam rear suspension is really not doing anything, because the torsion beam rear suspension is already bulided in one piece, what the torsion beam rear suspension need is a rear sturt bar that goes on top of both rear shocks in the back cabin to really help to reduce body roll, just like what the front sturt bar does and goes under the hood.

Which is wrong, as largeorangefont then replied to you in a most polite and helpful manner. Your response to that was that people only feel a difference with sway bars because it's a psychological response to spending lots of money on it... And it all went downhill from there. You stuck to your guns (which is admirable, in a way), but since nobody agreed with you, they made fun of you.

It's like, if you are in school and the teacher tells everyone the earth is round, but one kid keeps on repeating, it's wrong, the earth is flat. Completely wrong and completely annoying, right?

Anyway, re-read cleong's recent reply, ignore the thing about the spraypaint, I'm pretty sure this might explain why you didn't feel much with your old sway bar.

Keep an open mind, be open to other peoples' opinions, don't get angry when someone criticizes what you've done or what you think. That's pretty much the guidelines to a good and helpful forum experience, heck, to a good and helpful life experience

Bye bye 1NZ...
eTiMaGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #68
Yaris TTE JWRC

All im trying to tell the yaris owners that what i have done to with sway bar and for me i think it was a waste of money, like i say before you dont trust me, dont mind me, but why start talking crap about my car, and called me a dumb ass, just forget about it.

Last edited by Yaris TTE JWRC; 02-06-2007 at 09:34 AM.
Old 02-06-2007, 08:58 AM   #69
cleong
Parallel Parking Pro

Yaris TTE JWRC: Maybe you could shed some light on the setup you had on your Echo, from there we might learn more about why the swaybar did not work for you in your case.

Eg. Shocks, springs, tires, suspension alightment/adjustment?
Old 02-06-2007, 09:06 AM   #70
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris07LB View Post
Amen and well said Chris

We should really focus on the topic thread and not take it into a celebrity death match sort of speak .
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:47 PM   #71
Violin

Drives: 2007 Yaris LB Auto
Quote:
Originally Posted by punch View Post
i wish it was warmer my sway bar is sitting pretty looking to be installed.
C'mon cupcake, it was well below freezing and quite windy the day I did mine.
Violin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:48 PM   #72
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Cupcake!? HAHA!
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote