Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-15-2011, 12:34 PM   #19
Kal-El

Drives: 07 Yaris S Sedan 5-Speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by caineroad View Post
Looking at the back, it feels like a mini cooper s, looks like there will be rear fog at the bumper area?

The sunroof is really large too, extend all the way to the back passenger side but I doubt it can be lifted or slide backwards, it is only a 'roof window'

Interior I like it, looks more stylish, definitely improvement from previous gen. If they would add in a few more finish touches in the interior like a chrome trim, different colours of mood leds then that would be the best.

The customizable opportunities for this new gen is better with less rounded body shape, whole car just seems to be more sporty.

At the end I think a 2DR version would look even better but they are not making any....
The 3 door is indeed being offered in some markets, however not in Japan - apparently they don't sell their. Europe is getting the 3 door soon, America is still a question mark. I hope we get all three choices again.
Kal-El is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #20
gonzo452001

Drives: 3-door liftback blazing blue
I sure don't want you if there isn't going to be 6-speed and TDI . I wanted to look at a new elantra you can't even find one within a 100 miles from me at the present time anyway toyota needs to wake up
oem style foglights
96tacoma 4x4 xcab I4auto
Weathertech vent visors
Scan GaugeII
gonzo452001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2011, 07:50 PM   #21
auxmike

Drives: 2008 HB, A/T, Power W/L/M
Last time I went to my dealer, ZERO Yaris on the lot. Are we REALLY going to see the 2012 here? I hope so, I'm ready for a change, or at least a peek at what's to come.
Hope the tsunami does'nt throw a wrench in the whole project...
Also, I can't love that Fiesta. I seem to see only the slime green ones on the road. The Elantra looks like a mini me Sonata. I'm thinking the Sonata "look" is getting played out since there's way too many on the road already. I DO like the turbo version though. Saw TWO thus far on the roads. They can make them pretty as they want, but it's still a Korean car, a Hyundai!
I might see ONE Yaris a day on the road if I'm real lucky. Makes it a lot more special and people still ask what is it and is it a Hybrid!
I think the Corollas were $19,500 at my dealer for a non "S" version. They had a loaded Blue "S" in the showroom. Man it was beautifulllll!

Never take eyes off opponent - Bruce Lee
auxmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 12:50 PM   #22
caineroad

Drives: 06 Yaris HB CE
can someone confirm those the rear fogs on the rear bumper or just reflectors.?
caineroad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2011, 01:32 PM   #23
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
Last time I went to my dealer, ZERO Yaris on the lot. Are we REALLY going to see the 2012 here? I hope so, I'm ready for a change, or at least a peek at what's to come.
The 3rd gen Yaris WILL see America. That's a 100% guarantee.

Toyota has sold more sub-compact cars in the US than any other company.

Does anyone think, in an age where sub-compacts are more popular than ever, that Toyota would leave the market with one of their most popular world wide cars? No way in hell.

Quote:
Originally Posted by auxmike View Post
Hope the tsunami does'nt throw a wrench in the whole project...
Also, I can't love that Fiesta. I seem to see only the slime green ones on the road. The Elantra looks like a mini me Sonata. I'm thinking the Sonata "look" is getting played out since there's way too many on the road already. I DO like the turbo version though. Saw TWO thus far on the roads. They can make them pretty as they want, but it's still a Korean car, a Hyundai!
South Korea makes some of the best things now. Get with the program, it's 2011.

People used to say the very same thing about Japanese cars. When was the last time they were crap?

The new Elantra will undoubtedly prove to be among the most reliable cars.

I also don't see any resemblance with the Sonata other than similar design language (which every company does for consistency). They look very different to me.
Old 07-17-2011, 04:20 AM   #24
Kongo-Otto

Drives: '09 Yaris & '10 Auris
Quote:
Originally Posted by caineroad View Post
can someone confirm those the rear fogs on the rear bumper or just reflectors.?
That will depend on the region. Ours will have atleast one fog light there because rear fog lights are mandantory in Germany. Other regions may have just reflectors.
Kongo-Otto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2011, 09:37 AM   #25
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kal-El View Post

South Korea makes some of the best things now. Get with the program, it's 2011.
no doubt. i drove the new accent hatch yesterday. it is a really nice car for a subcompact and right now would be my choice over any subcompact on the market.

add to that hyundai reliability has been solid as of late, especially cars built at their ulsan plant, which the accent is.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 09:54 AM   #26
Yar15

Drives: none
Finland gets new yaris in October.
Old 07-18-2011, 10:51 AM   #27
limey163

Drives: 2010 Black 2D Hatch Yaris
The interior alone makes the car worth it. The exterior looks too much like a mini-van though.
limey163 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2011, 06:51 PM   #28
CB900F2

Drives: 08 Sedan
No sedan?
CB900F2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 10:11 AM   #29
Bernie P.

Drives: old truck
Quote:
Originally Posted by CB900F2 View Post
No sedan?
I just found this-
http://www.burlappcars.com/2011/02/2...ris-sedan.html
Bernie P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:26 PM   #30
Kal-El

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie P. View Post
Yeah, that's just a Photoshop of the liftback posted early this year. The sedan won't look like that as the two cars are differently designed and named/marketed in other countries ("Yaris" is shared by the two only in N.America and Australia). Toyota will undoubtedly continue this strategy.

Expect the new sedan to have completely unique sheet metal, and front and rear fascias as is the case with the 2nd gen.
Old 08-23-2011, 04:44 AM   #31
BluYrs
ヴィッツ ドライバー

Drives: 2006 3d 1.0 Linea Sol
A random shot of the new Yaris. 3dr Blazing Blue!

2012 Toyota Yaris by Scott Dukes, on Flickr

The blue one
BluYrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2011, 02:59 PM   #32
Abodame99

Drives: Silver 07 LB
I personally don't like the new Yaris. The main reason I bought my 07 was because I loved the front end. How rounded it was, the two lines going up the hood, it was like nothing else on the road. It looks to much like everything else now...
Abodame99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 03:47 AM   #33
john21031

Drives: '10 Fit Sport MT and 2012 Fit
Hey all of you who compare the new to old, don't!
The old Yaris is over 6 yrs old. As good and as popular as it is, it's way overdue for a redesign.

What would you do different about a new Yaris without departing too far from, well, Yaris...

IMO it looks like a logical continuation of a Yaris line and it sounds like it's safer, bigger inside and hopefully keeps the good fuel economy of an older Yaris. At last, this one might be able to compete with the Fit (cargo capacity had to increase to start with).

The interior is more traditional, more popular, and has been wanted by most consumers (if you read most Yaris reviews, the center stacked instrument cluster has always been criticized).

I dont see any issues with the Versa similarities either. For one thing, it's not all that similar and it's not entirely a bad thing either - it's a Toyota after all, and don't forget that. Most modern cars have a lot of similarities across the model lines.

I hope they return the yellow color option, and if it drives well and delivers Fit compatible fuel economy, I might just seriously consider it.

john21031 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 05:30 PM   #34
roxy1

Drives: 2014 yaris 5 speed
Quote:
Originally Posted by john21031 View Post

and if it drives well and delivers Fit compatible fuel economy
the old yaris already offers better than fit fuel economy. it can be verified from several sources. my yaris always beat my fit friends in FE, though not really by that much.

hopefully, the 38 mpg yaris will beat epa estimates by as much as the 36 mpg yaris does.
roxy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2011, 07:02 PM   #35
Chuck G

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Abodame99 View Post
I personally don't like the new Yaris. The main reason I bought my 07 was because I loved the front end. How rounded it was, the two lines going up the hood, it was like nothing else on the road. It looks to much like everything else now...
I agree 1000%!!
I just can't bring myself to like it!
Chuck G is offline   Reply With Quote