Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-16-2012, 03:18 PM   #1
CPALK719

Drives: 2012 toyota yaris
2012 owners we are few....

how many of you guys have actually seen any other 2012 yaris on the streets? whether they were 3 door or 5 door models.

As of the past 3 weeks of me owning mine, I have Yet to see any 2012s driving around the streets of my south florida. not that im complaining i prefer to be one of the only ones around my way.

I have however seen numerous 06-11 models all over the place.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:20 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
I have only seen 2012s sitting in the dealer's lot. I haven't seen a single one on the road yet.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:23 PM   #3
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
I have only seen 2012s sitting in the dealer's lot. I haven't seen a single one on the road yet.
yea that too, i see their plentiful in the Stealerships but none driving around on the streets . i honestly think in my county im one of the few that own one.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:44 PM   #4
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
i doubt they are going to sell that well. The small car market has changed so much since the Yaris name was brought to the US. No longer does it have the best gas mileage of all gas only cars.

If I was looking today I would look at all the cars that claim 40 mpg, and the number of those seems to be growing. Although the number of cars that claim 40 mpg with a manual are few.

Between that and the high cost, well fewer Yaris.
Old 02-16-2012, 04:12 PM   #5
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
give it time. I remember when the 1st gen Yaris in America came out. I would see one, once in a blue moon...and when i did i made fun of it

And a year later, I bought one
I see the older ones a lot, but not the new ones...in time they will start popping on the streets.

Toyota doesnt really advertise the car, thats the main problem.
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 04:43 PM   #6
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post
i doubt they are going to sell that well. The small car market has changed so much since the Yaris name was brought to the US. No longer does it have the best gas mileage of all gas only cars.

If I was looking today I would look at all the cars that claim 40 mpg, and the number of those seems to be growing. Although the number of cars that claim 40 mpg with a manual are few.

true... but like myself im sure people are loyal to a specific brand. i also researched on the fit,lancer, elantra,rio,versa. my family as well as myself were more trusting of the Toyota quality, considering our 98 tercel before we just sold it yesterday had 122,XXX miles on it and its still running and starting up.

the other brands were either asking too much for their entry level vehicle, and i honestly i wasnt too keen on the idea of buying a hyundai or kia. nissan im not crazy about , and the honda fit even though it was very comparable it in all reality looked like too much of a mini van for my taste. and the lancer... i do own a mitsu but for a base model car the starting price was just ridiculous.

so we all agreed on the yaris... we all couldn't be happier with our purchase.
Old 02-16-2012, 05:05 PM   #7
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
people here see numbers and price. i see alot of 2012 hyundais and versa in my neck of the woods. I seen 3 yaris' and i know where they live rofl. Even the fit is disappearing slowly.
enviri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2012, 07:02 PM   #8
Strider199

Drives: Black 2012 Yaris 3door 5speed
Around my neck of the woods there are two other 2012 Yaris's which are also Black but are of the 5 door variety. During my drive to work I have seen probably 5 in the last 2 months of various colours. The local dealership can't seem to stock enough of them (manual trannies that is), around here. Automatics aren't that popular.
Old 02-16-2012, 07:54 PM   #9
tetzyamis
'09 5dr

Drives: 2009 Yaris 5-Door Bayou Blue
I've never seen any on the road yet.
I've seen iQ twice.
Old 02-16-2012, 10:50 PM   #10
CanIHazYarisHatch?

Drives: 2012 Yaris 3-door w/5-speed!
Quote:
Originally Posted by why? View Post

I have to agree here. Much as I love the new '12 Yarii...the B and C-segments are very, very hot right now. Good choices are everywhere: Kia, Hyundai, Ford, Chevy, Dodge, Honda, Nissan, Mazda, etc. are all starting to take these segments seriously in the U.S., and all at once!

The consumer wins when they are spoiled for choice, which is a great thing. But in this case, the Yaris case is less than compelling. Most people want an appliance, so they get the cheapest car out there. That is why new Kia Souls, Rios, Hyundai Accents, etc. are everywhere!

I've only seen one other '12 on the street: another one in blazing blue pearl, but a 5-door with auto. I think it was an LE. Driven by a nice older lady.

I'm not worried. Gas is on the way up again, and in a big way. Very soon, even Ford, with their lowly Fiesta sedan, will sell as many as they can build. It will be a repeat of 2008 when gas was last so high. I met so many people who traded in their SUV on a brand new Versa, Prius, Fiesta, Yaris, Fit, Rio, etc. The consumers are starting to get in a panic, and the collective fleet of the US is getting older, and is slowly getting retired.

Compacts and sub-compacts are going to have no trouble selling, new Yaris included. Just give it time.
CanIHazYarisHatch? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 01:52 AM   #11
SineWave

Drives: Gen3 Yaris ZR Manual
I've only seen two YRS sedans around, I've never seen anyone with a ZR. Makes me feel special. :)
SineWave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 05:29 AM   #12
bentjazz

Drives: 2009 Yaris--3dr MT
why?,
According to Fuelly, those cars that advertise 40MPGs generally do not get superior gas mileage in comparison to the Yaris. From what I've noticed, either they are about the same or inferior to the Yaris in terms of consumption....
I read an article recently that said fuel efficiency ratings were inflated on a new car (of which I can't remember).
What I'd really like to see is the 1.0L 3cyl or diesel Yaris coming to America.....
bentjazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:14 AM   #13
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjazz View Post
why?,
According to Fuelly, those cars that advertise 40MPGs generally do not get superior gas mileage in comparison to the Yaris. From what I've noticed, either they are about the same or inferior to the Yaris in terms of consumption....
I read an article recently that said fuel efficiency ratings were inflated on a new car (of which I can't remember).
What I'd really like to see is the 1.0L 3cyl or diesel Yaris coming to America.....
speaking of that... A woman sued American Honda co because her hybrid civic wasnt getting the mpg they were claiming she would get.... needless to say she won that lawsuit and about another handful or so of hybrid honda owners are coming up to the plate doing that same thing.

As for my Yaris i enjoy it as i checked last night, im getting around now 28.9 MPG. im sure i can increase that with a little better driving
Old 02-18-2012, 11:10 AM   #14
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentjazz View Post
why?,
of course they aren't, people don't know how to drive for gas mileage, and these new cars are tuned for the test, nor for real life.

That is why all these gas mileage forums are great tools. Buying a new car would take a lot more research now than it did when I bought my Yaris.

I don't know what the starting price for any of them are either, but $14k for a Yaris sounds crazy to me. Almost like they are making room for the Aygo or other less expensive vehicles.
Old 02-18-2012, 01:13 PM   #15
Altitude

Drives: '08 LB MT Bayou
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPALK719 View Post
speaking of that... A woman sued American Honda co because her hybrid civic wasnt getting the mpg they were claiming she would get.... needless to say she won that lawsuit and about another handful or so of hybrid honda owners are coming up to the plate doing that same thing.

As for my Yaris i enjoy it as i checked last night, im getting around now 28.9 MPG. im sure i can increase that with a little better driving
I don't understand how she won that suit other than they just paid her off to get it over with. I have NEVER seen any manufacturer guarantee MPG's, they state "up to" and "average" none of which equate to "you are guaranteed to get x MPG".
Altitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 06:44 PM   #16
CPALK719

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altitude View Post
I don't understand how she won that suit other than they just paid her off to get it over with. I have NEVER seen any manufacturer guarantee MPG's, they state "up to" and "average" none of which equate to "you are guaranteed to get x MPG".
i recall hearing dealers claim cars are supposed to get somewhere near the 40s or 50s in MPG. it was just her though, it was actually a class action lawsuit with other owners but she toke them to small claims court and she won .

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/46228337.../#.T0A3uvGPXw0
Old 02-18-2012, 07:43 PM   #17
12 yaris

Drives: '12 Yaris LE Lagoon Blue Mica
2012 yaris

Bought my '12 in Jan.
Blue Lagoon Mica(love the color it's different),just ordered a set of
sport ed cd's from tire rack too brighten it up a little,also a set of rain guards,
and a 1/8in. blue pin stripe.
I saw pics and the discription of the center storage console on e-bay,
I believe this is for storage not your arm(prefer to have arm beside me
not behind me).
I'm keeping the Yaris basiclly stock in appearance.
Might install a SE front and rear bumper covers as well.
As for fuel economy,when the tank is empty I fill it.

Last edited by 12 yaris; 02-19-2012 at 07:07 AM.
12 yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2012, 01:06 AM   #18
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
I have yet to see a 2012 in West TN at all
JBougie is offline   Reply With Quote