Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-27-2015, 10:27 AM   #1
KTS

Drives: Vitz RS
Blitz Supercharger Wiring Question

Good day. I have a 2007 JDM Vitz RS (Manual)
I recently purchased a used Blitz Supercharger Kit for the 1nzfe.
Besides the supercharger I only received the 8 wire Blitz Fuel Controller.
I am going to use an Autometer RPM Activation Module to activate the supercharger clutch at 3000rpm.

This is what I gathered so far
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...nt=photo%2cbmp
Question(s):
1. The green wire on the fuel controller is an input to activate the fuel controller?
2. If yes to question 1, what type of input; 12V or ground?
3. There is no MAF connection on the 8 wire fuel controller.
4. Does the wiring seem correct so far?

Here are some pics of the Blitz Supercharger install
https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resi...hint=folder%2c
KTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 06:47 PM   #2
KTS

From CTScott Blitz Suercharger Install post I learnt the green wire from the fuel controller is a switched ground.
This is how I will be connecting the 8 wire Blitz Fuel Controller.
http://1drv.ms/1MwIopf
My only concern is if the fuel controller will have an adequate fuel map with the rpm activation instead of the usual throttle activation.
Old 07-28-2015, 08:24 PM   #3
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by KTS View Post
From CTScott Blitz Suercharger Install post I learnt the green wire from the fuel controller is a switched ground.
This is how I will be connecting the 8 wire Blitz Fuel Controller.
http://1drv.ms/1MwIopf
My only concern is if the fuel controller will have an adequate fuel map with the rpm activation instead of the usual throttle activation.
The Blitz Fuel controller only adds fuel relative to a completely stock setup otherwise, so if you have an intake and/or improved exhaust system you will run lean with just the Blitz controller. RPM activation should actually be OK, but the question is if the fuel adding of the Blitz is sufficient for your setup.
Old 07-29-2015, 01:50 AM   #4
KTS

My only modifications are a Fidanza Flywheel and the Air Intake Filter. Do you recommend I use the 1zz injectors?
Thanks
Old 07-29-2015, 05:36 AM   #5
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
My only modifications are a Fidanza Flywheel and the Air Intake Filter. Do you recommend I use the 1zz injectors?
Thanks
The larger injectors would help for compensating for the intake. You will sit a bit rich at low RPM with them though.
Old 07-31-2015, 08:12 PM   #6
KTS

When the S/C is activated via rpm it is possible to control the boost delivery of the S/C using the throttle. So if the above design is implemented once the desired rpm is reached and the S/C activates the Blitz Fuel Controller will increase fuel delivery although the engine may still be in vacuum. Therefore I plan to use an adjustable (NO) boost switch set at 1 psi to indicate to the Blitz controller to increase fuel.
I am hoping to get the rpm and pressure switch by next week to test this new design.
http://1drv.ms/1VS68r1
Old 07-31-2015, 10:06 PM   #7
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
When the S/C is activated via rpm it is possible to control the boost delivery of the S/C using the throttle. So if the above design is implemented once the desired rpm is reached and the S/C activates the Blitz Fuel Controller will increase fuel delivery although the engine may still be in vacuum. Therefore I plan to use an adjustable (NO) boost switch set at 1 psi to indicate to the Blitz controller to increase fuel.
I am hoping to get the rpm and pressure switch by next week to test this new design.
http://1drv.ms/1VS68r1
If you wire the Blitz throttle controller normally (where it sees the throttle position and uses that for fuel control) and then wire the SC clutch to activate based on RPM, it should still work fine as far as increasing fuel goes.
Old 08-01-2015, 12:18 AM   #8
KTS

I didn't get the throttle controller when the S/C kit was purchased. I asked Cranky if he could make one for me but just want to experiment and document other options incase there is someone out there in the same situation as myself.
Old 08-01-2015, 01:35 AM   #9
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
I didn't get the throttle controller when the S/C kit was purchased. I asked Cranky if he could make one for me but just want to experiment and document other options incase there is someone out there in the same situation as myself.
I can make the selector switch, but I don't know what the internals of the throttle controller box are. I'll dig through my spare parts box tomorrow and see what I have.
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 07:01 AM   #10
KTS

Cranky I didn't realize that the throttle selector switch and throttle control box were two different things. Therefore I would need both if I want the S/C to behave as intended by Blitz?
Old 08-01-2015, 07:03 AM   #11
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
I can make the selector switch, but I don't know what the internals of the throttle controller box are. I'll dig through my spare parts box tomorrow and see what I have.
The throttle controller has a microcontroller that samples the TPS for the throttle position, reads the selector switch via and ADC and measures the pulse width of the injectors and increases the pulse width where necessary.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:27 AM   #12
CrankyOldMan
2ZR swap. DO IT! Ask how!

Drives: 09 Meteoric Metallic HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
The throttle controller has a microcontroller that samples the TPS for the throttle position, reads the selector switch via and ADC and measures the pulse width of the injectors and increases the pulse width where necessary.
Oh, I meant the smaller box that the switch plugs into, not the piggyback fuel controller. I think the switch box is just a voltage comparator, isn't it?
CrankyOldMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2015, 09:50 AM   #13
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrankyOldMan View Post
Oh, I meant the smaller box that the switch plugs into, not the piggyback fuel controller. I think the switch box is just a voltage comparator, isn't it?
I popped open the little box once and it contained an 8 Pin IC, a transistor and a bunch of caps and resistors.

The IC had its marking sanded off, but it did appear to be a comparator, based on how the switch wiring came to it.
Old 08-10-2015, 04:09 PM   #14
KTS

The setup from post #6 works sufficient I believe.
My AEM UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge reads 11 to low 12's in boost when the S/C activates.
Issue: The jegs rpm activation switch seems to be faulty or maybe I wired it incorrectly. I wired it to the IGF wire at the ecu. Is this correct?
Old 08-10-2015, 06:47 PM   #15
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
The setup from post #6 works sufficient I believe.
My AEM UEGO Air/Fuel Ratio Gauge reads 11 to low 12's in boost when the S/C activates.
Issue: The jegs rpm activation switch seems to be faulty or maybe I wired it incorrectly. I wired it to the IGF wire at the ecu. Is this correct?
IGF is a feedback signal from the coils. I would use the TACH signal instead, which is a standard tach signal. The IGF signal is held high and drops for a very short time when the coil fires.
Old 08-11-2015, 01:14 AM   #16
KTS

The tach signal is the light green wire by the obd port?
Old 08-11-2015, 05:38 AM   #17
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
The tach signal is the light green wire by the obd port?
The color can vary depending on the year, but it is the wire in this position:

Old 08-11-2015, 10:55 AM   #18
KTS

thanks CTScott. will confirm once verified that the setup works.