Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Central and South America
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-23-2011, 10:57 PM   #1
Rodcom

Drives: Toyota Vitz 2006
Cambiar transmision CVT por transmision manual

Saludos

Estoy a punto de adquinir un Vitz 2006 version Japonesa, que esta como un quinceañera, azul marino, tacometro, aire acondicionado con controles digitales, bolsas de aire traseras y laterales, rines de aleacion, radio multimedia con GPS y controles al volante, en fin, una joya, la unica cosa que no me ha dejado cerrar el trato es que es automatico con transmision cvt y me da miedo las historias que he escuchado sobre esa transmision, pese a sus ventajas no quiero tener que estar al pendiente de que en algun momento debere desechar la transmision y tener que comprar otra, o que a cada X kilometros debo cambiar le el aceite y si no consigo el correcto pudeo estropearla, esos son riesgos que no quiero correr en especial en el pais donde vivo, mi placer seria poder tener una transmision manual, pero en ningun lugar la tienen (el carro tienen el motor 2nz-fe) para poder hacerle el cambio de CVT a manual.

Entonces se me ocurrio si de casualidad la transmision de una starlet glanza V (usa un motor 4e-fte) le serviria, estuve buscando algo de informacion sobre las distintas transmisiones de toyota, pero no me queda claro si esta le serviria.

Me gustaria saber si alguien ha tenido la experiencia de hacer este cambio y con transmision lo hizo, o si alguien arroja un poco de luz sobre el tema de los distintos tipos de transmisiones, se lo agradeceria grandemente.

Last edited by Rodcom; 06-23-2011 at 10:59 PM. Reason: change the option for auto reply
Rodcom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Perdón por mi mal español - estoy usando traductor Google.

¿Estás seguro de que tiene la formación profesional permanente? El catálogo de piezas de Japón muestra el Vitz (NCP95) con el 2NZ-FE, ya que sólo se combina con la transmisión automática U441F. Los modelos antiguos de Vitz (NCP10) tuvo la 2NZ-FE se combina con la transmisión manual de C154.
Old 06-24-2011, 06:41 PM   #3
Rodcom

CTscott

Thanks for help, I'll try to explain this in english.

In fact I want to swap the CVT transmission with aManual one, I am wondering in use a Starlet Glanza V transmission, because the manual that belongs to the 2nz-fe is not available on my country, even for older versions.

That is my problem, I want that car, but I do not like the CVT transmission.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:36 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodcom View Post
CTscott

Thanks for help, I'll try to explain this in english.

In fact I want to swap the CVT transmission with aManual one, I am wondering in use a Starlet Glanza V transmission, because the manual that belongs to the 2nz-fe is not available on my country, even for older versions.

That is my problem, I want that car, but I do not like the CVT transmission.
I am not sure how clear my translation came through, but what I was saying was that I don't think that the car has a CVT, but rather a normal automatic transmission. I understand that you would like to have a manual, so the C154 is the transmission which Toyota pairs with the 2NZ-FE, so that one will work.

I am not sure about swapping other transmissions, but from my limited knowledge, I believe that other transmissions in the same series will bolt to the engine (but may require mount or frame modifications), such as the C150 or C151, etc. I believe that the Starlet used the C150 or C153, so there is a good chance that it would work.
Old 06-25-2011, 12:55 AM   #5
Rodcom

If the 153 works that will be great, that one is a LSD!!

The transmission is an automatic that have a space on the shift trail that let you shift manualy (like audi triptronic) according to what I know that is a CVT stuff.

thanks again.
Old 06-25-2011, 07:59 AM   #6
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodcom View Post
If the 153 works that will be great, that one is a LSD!!

The transmission is an automatic that have a space on the shift trail that let you shift manualy (like audi triptronic) according to what I know that is a CVT stuff.

thanks again.
That type of automatic is not a CVT (continuously variable transmission), but rather a Multimode one. The Multimode one is a traditional automatic transmission, with a valve body that allows one to manually shift.

Here's a picture of a C153. It looks like the drive shaft would have to be shortened on the differential side. Besides changing the transmission, you would also need to change the shift and cables, add the clutch pedal and linkage, and change the ECM (since the Yaris ECM does the transmission control for AT cars).

Old 06-25-2011, 10:28 AM   #7
Rodcom

You are a master!!

Looks like that conversion will be challenge, anyway, if is too hard maybe I'll keep it auto, since you make the things clear for my about the CVT. I'm still asking and looking for more info for that conversion, If can find something new I'll post it here.

Thanks again man!!
Old 06-25-2011, 10:30 AM   #8
Rodcom

PD: The car have almost the same color like your!!

Last edited by Rodcom; 06-25-2011 at 10:49 AM. Reason: add pic