Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Sponsors Classifieds Area > Micro Image
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-21-2010, 01:24 PM   #109
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Toyota should have made it with that hood.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2010, 04:26 PM   #110
shinlee

Drives: 07 liftback
so the hood looks great, but the people who made it did a poor job of fit and finish testing it?
Old 08-21-2010, 06:31 PM   #111
annn
ヤリスワールド

Drives: 2008 HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by shinlee View Post
so the hood looks great, but the people who made it did a poor job of fit and finish testing it?
Well I will say this ... I have installed many glass hoods on cars and have never got a fiberglass hood in "perfect" ready to install condition.I have seen worse and better ,this hood is mid quality and that's great for a glass hood. I look at it as a hobby if you want "perfect " stay with factory !In the end this hood will turn out excellent IMO...
annn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2010, 12:55 AM   #112
shinlee

Drives: 07 liftback
well, I've just recently paid off my yaris,and I wanted todo some body work to it, new bumpers, hood, and a wing, and I really like this hood. I just gotta figure out how hard it'll be to get it ready to go on and look good
Old 08-23-2010, 11:26 AM   #113
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

shinlee, the fitment in terms of the gaps and the lines is very good. I think the work of prepping has to do with surfaces, not the actual shape of the hood. Maybe Annn can confirm.

I also don't think you'll find another aftermarket hood for $250 shipped.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 08-23-2010, 01:22 PM   #114
annn
ヤリスワールド

Hood fits great you will need to do no shapeing. The latch will need work is does not work as is,but that is well known. The top shouldhave the black primer stuff removed but you could take a chance and paint over ,but it may cause issues. I am
trying to get it smooth as possible if you don't care to much about how smooth it is a bit of sanding and it should be ready to paint. Bottom line is if you want this hood their are what 20 or so made ? I say grab one it's worth it ,if you like custom hoods.
Old 08-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #115
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
shinlee, the fitment in terms of the gaps and the lines is very good. I think the work of prepping has to do with surfaces, not the actual shape of the hood. Maybe Annn can confirm.

I also don't think you'll find another aftermarket hood for $250 shipped.
nor $375 for cf! Looks great, now I just need to get out of debt.
Old 08-24-2010, 05:02 PM   #116
Sabretooth
37HSSV

Drives: '11 Mazdaspeed 3
Send a message via AIM to Sabretooth
375 shipped is roughly 100 less than you will pay for any VIS or seibon hood with a design. Other than an oem style...trust me. I know. Lol, so does garm.
Sabretooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 12:47 PM   #117
annn
ヤリスワールド

all lines are great and hood fits just fine but......haveing some issues with R&L front sections of hood ..now that latch problem has been worked out seems that hood is bowed inward a bit .we thought it was latch but it looks like its a bow in the actual hood.

If i clip a bit more out of latch it may work to lower hood more ??? but it fits fine at center point but not at far right and left edges..it sits up about 1/8-1/4...and no its not the stops,they have been adjusted all the way down.I could heat it and bend it but really dont want to go that far....

ANY IDEAS

oh well at this point I think i am just going to paint it and whatever it turns out like is what i get ...will post pics next week of what it turned out like when all painted and fitted as best we can get.

THE AIR BOX i am designing is working out great have the adapter all made up and ready to mount in plate...then its just a simple matter of a bit of 2.5 inch brake duct hose fitted to the factory air intake tube and sealing it all up air tight....instant cool air system...if it works well we have a system on paper that will allow the hood to be lifited up and down and unseal and seal ...
Old 08-25-2010, 02:34 PM   #118
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by annn View Post
ANY IDEAS
The first thought that comes to mind is that the hood was probably modeled after a JDM Yaris, which has a shorter front bumper, which would explain the extra curvature that you mention. Then again, I could be totally off.

Some pics of the front area of the bumper will be helpful.
Old 08-25-2010, 06:51 PM   #119
annn
ヤリスワールド

It's in paint que at this time...will post when it's done.I hope it was not based on a jdm and I was not told...I kind of doubt it , my partner thought maybe they were soft when shipped and got bent a bit ??
Old 08-25-2010, 07:04 PM   #120
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Fitment was good here when we tested it; I don't think the hood had a bow in it. Not sure I sent you that exact one, either.

I don't think the curvature of the JDM front bumper has anything to do with it; I have a JDM burnout and haven't noticed that detail.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:17 PM   #121
annn
ヤリスワールド

Fit is good on all points but the far right and far left front..hopefully if I take a bit off the latch it will come down a bit..but as said middle is lined up great so who knows...I did not do a perfect fit pre paint just added a few washers on the hinges to get it better ...maybe a bit more fit work will bring it down better...can't say more till it's on after paint.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:51 PM   #122
1NZYaris1

Drives: Yaris
have you adjusted the bonnet stopers on the left and right hand side
that is what they are there for
1NZYaris1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 09:56 PM   #123
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by annn View Post
my partner thought maybe they were soft when shipped and got bent a bit ??
That is also a possibility... Even "fully cured fiberglass" (which technically is a bit of an oxymoron) will warp with very warm temperatures.

Last edited by tk-421; 08-25-2010 at 10:35 PM.
tk-421 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 10:45 PM   #124
annn
ヤリスワールド

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1NZYaris1 View Post
have you adjusted the bonnet stopers on the left and right hand side
that is what they are there for
I have been installing hoods / custom parts for 30 years...that's why I said I already checked them in above post..but ya never know so thanks!

My pal maybe right about the bow it is kinda weird ..how it all is great but just the tips ???
Old 09-01-2010, 08:08 PM   #125
annn
ヤリスワールド

hood done....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bill_101509 176.jpg (190.3 KB, 150 views)
File Type: jpg bill_101509 182.jpg (185.7 KB, 148 views)
File Type: jpg bill_101509 186.jpg (178.0 KB, 147 views)
Old 09-01-2010, 08:37 PM   #126
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

SWEET