Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-08-2010, 11:12 PM   #37
SimTronik
Machinist

Drives: Yaris sedan 2010
I got a drunk test jammer next to my radar detector.
I love the risk i take to kill other drivers, cuz most of the time i think i'm an experimented driver.

:)
SimTronik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:28 PM   #38
djct_watt

Drives: 2010 NCP91 5spd
Not every speeder is driving recklessly. If your equipment is up to spec, you have a long straight road with little traffic, speeding is really not all that dangerous. Pushing 80MPH on Interstate 5 from S.F. to L.A. is hardly dangerous, but that 10MPH difference from the 70MPH limit can warrant a ticket. . . but you can cruise on by most cops with no problems; it's just when you run into that one cop on a bad day.

It's all in the driver, and 99% of speeders ARE reckless. . . it's all about NOT weaving in and out of cars, and KEEPING THE SPEED DIFFERENTIAL low. You should not be zooming past other cars 20MPH+ faster than they are going. . . it doesn't allow them enough time to see you coming.

When I speed, I always slow for other traffic, and try not to pass them at more than 10MPH speed difference.

Germany has effectively shown that via tight regulations and strict driver's license tests, their unregulated areas of the Autobahn have a LOWER death and accident rate than the US highway/interstate difference. Fact of the matter is that ANY speed is dangerous if the driver is incompetent. And unfortunately for the USA (having been born and raised there), 99% of drivers are EXTREMELY incompetent. Low speed limits help to reduce the mortality rates, since accidents are pretty much going to happen all the time. . .
djct_watt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2010, 11:30 PM   #39
djct_watt

There is no such thing as safe drunk driving. . . alcohol impairs judgement, motor control, and reaction times. That in itself makes the driver VERY dangerous.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:34 AM   #40
JumpmanYaris
USAF_SrA_E-4

Drives: C300 / Del Sol
Send a message via ICQ to JumpmanYaris Send a message via AIM to JumpmanYaris Send a message via MSN to JumpmanYaris Send a message via Yahoo to JumpmanYaris
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimTronik View Post
oh wow they make that?

I am a professional NASCAR driver so experience is what I got
JumpmanYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:01 AM   #41
SimTronik
Machinist

Glad to see peoples with skills and judgment.

I've seen too much friends losing it on a heavy curve or bad weather. Killing themselves or other people. I don't mind you get kill by doing stupudity while driving, its just about "the others". You know your driving skills but you don't know the driving skills back and in front of you ;)

/End of off topic, cheers :)
Old 11-09-2010, 09:07 AM   #42
djct_watt

Speeding around heaving curves and bad weather is plain stupid. . . I was talking about straight lines here and optimal conditions, which falls into when speeding actually can be beneficial. But yeah, the danger here isn't from speed, it's from stupidity. In bad weather and bad roads, even the speed limit can be dangerous. But I can't imagine dropping the speed limit down to 25MPH. . .

Believe it or not, vehicular accidents kill more people than AIDS, and dropping the speed limit to 25MPH would save hundreds of thousands of lives, adding to millions over time. But yeah. . . the route of the problem isn't the speed, it's the bad drivers who shouldn't be behind the wheel of a car in the first place. Speeding (in those cases) just makes it worse. But going in 15MPH over the speed limit in a straight line with no traffic and perfect weather for 400 miles is hardly dangerous.

What's worse is that there are these speed enforcement vigilantes that blockade the fast lane and the speed limit, and they are far more dangerous than anything else. All they do is make an already dangerous and aggressive driver become all that more dangerous by driving to weave and swerve around them, endagering other people, when all the should have done was let them pass and be on their way. . .
Old 11-09-2010, 03:54 PM   #43
SimTronik
Machinist

Respect :)
Old 11-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #44
Tamago
Start another Oil Thread!

Drives: ZZW30
Send a message via AIM to Tamago Send a message via Yahoo to Tamago
Quote:
Originally Posted by matthewai View Post
my friend has a nice one he got for 100 it work jsut as well as a 400 dollar one i mean it does the same thing bassigg
LOL

Valentine 1 or go home.
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Tamago is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2010, 07:06 PM   #45
Tamago

Quote:

I've seen too much friends losing it on a heavy curve or bad weather. Killing themselves or other people. I don't mind you get kill by doing stupudity while driving, its just about "the others". You know your driving skills but you don't know the driving skills back and in front of you ;)

how many much friends have you seen losing it on a heavy curve? that sounds like a skill vs elements problem, completely unrelated to speed. i've lost control 10mph under the speed limit before.. in snow... . . ugh.. freakin quebecas
I hate people like you (xbgod) because your the reason I don't come to this board. You spout nonsense and lies and people who don't know any better hold you in high regards because they can't tell the wheat from the chaff.
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:28 PM   #46
SimTronik
Machinist

Its mostly frustration cuz my 2009 sedan was totaled by a driver who thought is was invincible while speeding across other cars in a snow storm. My intention is absolutely NOT to spam this topic, just an opinion, so this is my last words here friends. You're right quebec is freakin cool :) Cheers.

Last edited by SimTronik; 11-09-2010 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:44 PM   #47
Tamago

Quote:
Its mostly frustration cuz my 2009 sedan was totaled by a driver who thought is was invincible while speeding across other cars in a snow storm. My intention is absolutely NOT to spam this topic, just an opinion, so this is my last words here friends. You're right quebec is freakin cool :) Cheers.
so you think there wasn't a cellphone involved in this accident? and did you clock the speeder to prove that they were indeed speeding, and not actually distracted?
you nailed it sir.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:25 PM   #48
why?
Only Happy When it Rains

Drives: Yaris LB
Quote:
I love the risk i take to kill other drivers, cuz most of the time i think i'm an experimented driver.

:)
Quote:

spoken like the usual arrogant, condescending canadian.
Old 11-09-2010, 08:30 PM   #49
djct_watt

Old 11-09-2010, 10:46 PM   #50
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Drives: 2010 1E7 Toyota Yaris Sedan
Send a message via MSN to .Kevin.
You guys are beyond lower than standard IQ.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:51 PM   #51
djct_watt

^ sorry, it was a bad joke, made just as a joke. Nothing wrong with Canada. LOL.

The whole irony of the picture is that it's the Americans that do the needless finger pointing, which is an insult to American culture. . . but I guess the subtle irony of the joke got lost. . .

. . . and technically telling someone that they have a low IQ IS condescending. . . which reminds me of this internet meme,
. . . but then this is getting REALLY off-topic now. I'll stop defending Canadians now, as I originally did in my first non-funny img link.
Old 11-09-2010, 10:59 PM   #52
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

What? Lol

Btw that 'photo' was never a meme.
Old 11-09-2010, 11:04 PM   #53
djct_watt

That rapist search pic has been all over failblog and I've seen it on random forums about 6 times this year. Just do a google search and see how many sites are hosting the image. And an internet meme is any idea, link, or file spread over the internet. I don't see the people mailing this in the post. To be a meme doesn't have to be widespread. If you in particular have not heard of it, you could call it a bad meme. But you can't say something doesn't exist simply because you do not know about it.

. . . more condescending tone. . .
Old 11-09-2010, 11:09 PM   #54
.Kevin.
I ain't even mad

Meme is like U LIEK MUDKIPS quotes sayings etc which also include photos. A funny picture linked all over isn't a meme.

Sorry, feel free to think so though I'm not gonn make this thread about a picture.