Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Photo-Video-Media Gallery
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2011, 01:39 AM   #1
TRD_Yaris
Yarii Hunter

Drives: 2007 Yaris Liftback and S13's
Hi, everyone!! Long time, no chat! 2007 Liftback Help Appreciated

I haven't been on the site since "the hack"

I've got a bunch of random maintenance / issues with my Yaris, so I thought I'd come here and ask the experts (yes, I did some searching before posting ).

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Keep in mind, it's an EARLY 2007 Yaris Liftback.

1)My SRS (Airbag) warning light has been on for a few hundred miles. I was reading that this is a common issue, but I didn't find a common solution besides taking it into the dealership under warranty. Any ideas?

2)I bought a set of ebay fog lights: is there a SAFE way to wire the foglights to come on with the headlights (or with the parking lights for that matter). This would seem to save me from having to install the OEM style switch..but I don't want to cut corners. I can't imagine not turning on the headlights without the foglights..but maybe I'm missing something.

3)Is anyone currently parting out a Yaris Liftback? I'm looking for a plastic piece that broke on mine after running over a small, furry, woodland creature It's a Liftback Drivers Side Front Bumper Retainer 52536-52050 OEM Toyota RETAINER, FR BUMPER
I'd rather buy it used from the community if I can.

4) I'm really impressed by Bryan, PeterPoop, and JumpmanYaris's HID retrofit (the painted housings are gorgeous!). I noticed that MicroImage is selling an "updated kit", so even if i did the same kit it might end up looking different (or not fitting the same, possibly). So, I'm considering going with something different all together. Do you guys have a recommendation? An H4 compatible "drop in" retrofit would be a plus, though I'm keeping my eyes out for Q45 'gatling gun" projectors . It was easy enough to do to a Lexus GS300, and the housing are very similiar.

I've still got a bunch of little things to fix, so I'll probably add a few more questions over the course of the next few days. I appreciate any help you can provide.

5)Another salvage part search - The metal clips that secure the socket for the daytime running light bulbs (5W5 wedge bulbs) - I don't know how I lost both but I noticed they were missing today. One of the lights doesn't stay on, and I'm assuming it's due to missing the clip. I've considered just using some good silicone epoxy and putting a bead on it to keep it in place, but again I'd rather not cut corners.

Last edited by TRD_Yaris; 07-26-2011 at 02:20 AM.
TRD_Yaris is offline   Reply With Quote