Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 05:28 PM   #91
Power Enterprise Evan

Drives: VIP Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Power Enterprise Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
If I get my project done and no one has done this AND if I could figure out a way for the supercharger to give up at a certain level of boost, I might try a twin charge.]

Wouldn't that require a clutch-driven supercharger? I'm not sure the P/E will handle 15-20 pounds of boost.
no not necessarly
Old 02-11-2009, 05:57 PM   #92
at3GG

Drives: 07 metmet LB
Evan i want to apologize for my reaction in the previous thread...if you even remember. Great turnaround, if i wasnt married with priorities..::sigh:: i would load my credit card up for this kit. Best of luck, sincerely. Someone jump on this come on now.

Konig Heliums 15x6.5 Black
Tanabe Df210's
Old 02-11-2009, 06:11 PM   #93
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
no not necessarly
ok -- let's hear more. I have a built motor I'll be running at 14-15 psi on the street and more at the track. AEM EMS standalone management (which probably has the inputs and outputs to control a twin charge setup).

How would the P/E supercharger be controlled if it has a fixed pulley?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 02-12-2009, 03:12 PM   #94
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by at3GG View Post
Evan i want to apologize for my reaction in the previous thread...if you even remember. Great turnaround, if i wasnt married with priorities..::sigh:: i would load my credit card up for this kit. Best of luck, sincerely. Someone jump on this come on now.
dont worry about it, buy a SC kit and we'll call it even
Old 02-12-2009, 03:14 PM   #95
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
ok -- let's hear more. I have a built motor I'll be running at 14-15 psi on the street and more at the track. AEM EMS standalone management (which probably has the inputs and outputs to control a twin charge setup).

How would the P/E supercharger be controlled if it has a fixed pulley?
its boost response timing is more consistent than a turbo since its on a fixed belt, i'm not sure on the engineering aspect of the P-MAP but i do know the other kits come with a preprogrammed/re-programmable piggy back computer, designed specifically for the Dual and Quad charger formats
Old 02-14-2009, 07:50 AM   #96
Yaribhini
Banned

Drives: Yaris
I have a question in regards to pricing on this unit. The Yaris is an inexpensive econocar so, I sort of have an issue with the pricing on the blower unit. I mean, who do you expect to shell out this kind of money for an econobox? Don't get me wrong but I am just trying to guage how the pricing was figured out for this thing? For example, RMS makes a supercharger kit for a first generation M3 that costs $2,500. The kit is as comprehensive if not moreso than the kit here and the M3 is, of course, a sports car.

So, at the end of the day, do you expect there to be a lot of interest in a blower kit at this price for an econocar? Don't get me wrong...I am happy that there is an offering but in this economy, with this car...I mean that is a LOT of money for what it is.
Old 02-14-2009, 09:54 AM   #97
at3GG

Drives: 07 metmet LB
thats kind of WHY its a higher price. That M3 kit will have much higher sales numbers than this ever will, so they can "afford" to lower the price. PE will be lucky to sell 5 of these kits, no offense guys. People who buy a yaris are typically interested in modding them this way. They have to be able to make a profit, hence the higher cost.

Konig Heliums 15x6.5 Black
Tanabe Df210's
Old 02-14-2009, 12:03 PM   #98
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
Quote:
PE will be lucky to sell 5 of these kits, no offense guys. .
i do believe if we weren't in a depression right now at least 2-3 would have been out the door already........
Old 02-14-2009, 02:05 PM   #99
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
Supply and demand. Blitz and PE are the only ones making kits right now. That's why they are both so expensive (besides other reasons). Nothing we can do about it, so there is no need to complain. I'd dish out the $3,100 if that offer extended to me and I had that money.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:41 PM   #100
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaribhini View Post
I have a question in regards to pricing on this unit. The Yaris is an inexpensive econocar so, I sort of have an issue with the pricing on the blower unit. I mean, who do you expect to shell out this kind of money for an econobox? Don't get me wrong but I am just trying to guage how the pricing was figured out for this thing? For example, RMS makes a supercharger kit for a first generation M3 that costs $2,500. The kit is as comprehensive if not moreso than the kit here and the M3 is, of course, a sports car.

So, at the end of the day, do you expect there to be a lot of interest in a blower kit at this price for an econocar? Don't get me wrong...I am happy that there is an offering but in this economy, with this car...I mean that is a LOT of money for what it is.
Engineers don't work for free, shipping isn't free, materials aren't free, R&D isn't free, we have to make something....

why do people dump thousands of dollars into a turbo civic that gets beat by a 75 year old man in his 4.8liter Northstar V8?

I don't know....people want it, we make it, some people buy it....

Quote:
thats kind of WHY its a higher price. That M3 kit will have much higher sales numbers than this ever will, so they can "afford" to lower the price. PE will be lucky to sell 5 of these kits, no offense guys. People who buy a yaris are typically interested in modding them this way. They have to be able to make a profit, hence the higher cost.
Affordability is all relative....one word "foreclosure"
People will do what needs to be done if they want something bad enough.... no matter what the cost.....

Realistically, if you (Yaribhini) think that its not worth it's not worth it to mod your car based upon the price you bought the vehicle for, then you are looking in the wrong part of this forum....

either that we are all ghetto fabulous..//

since i bought a $4000 lexus, and put $6000 in mods to it so far....but hey it's to me...

but yes at3GG is right.... on this particular forum i suspect we will sell only a handful.....

on that note, our "vendor" test phase is coming to its one month end (we only purchased a month's worth of vendor service) so hopefully we will get a sale before then.... otherwise i dont think my boss will let me renew it again....

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLAZINBLUEVITZ View Post
i do believe if we weren't in a depression right now at least 2-3 would have been out the door already........
stimulus package coming to you soon!! and ur tax return if you've done that as well...

Quote:
Originally Posted by PETERPOOP View Post
Supply and demand. Blitz and PE are the only ones making kits right now. That's why they are both so expensive (besides other reasons). Nothing we can do about it, so there is no need to complain. I'd dish out the $3,100 if that offer extended to me and I had that money.
we have the supply....so wheres the demand?
Old 02-16-2009, 02:56 PM   #101
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

How much boost will this kit take?
How much boost over what it makes stock will void the warranty?
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 02-16-2009, 02:58 PM   #102
BLAZINBLUEVITZ

Drives: 2007 YARIS 3DOOR
12 days left on vendor status....
Old 02-16-2009, 03:03 PM   #103
whooppee777
I used to have 1700 posts

Drives: 2008 Yaris Hatch
Send a message via AIM to whooppee777
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yaribhini View Post
I mean, who do you expect to shell out this kind of money for an econobox?
Uhm....Me.

Except i put money down on the blitz a few months ago with cali yaris. so i'm monetarily bound to the blitz.

Old 02-16-2009, 03:14 PM   #104
Mavix

Drives: '91 Hilux, '91 Cervo Mode
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
we have the supply....so wheres the demand?
I think the problem is that anyone that's been particularly serious about modding their car pretty much bought the Blitz kit already since it's been more readily available up to this point (or been really brave and turbo'd). So I guess it's just going to take a new bunch of Yaris owners who actually are serious about modding their cars to step up and take the plunge.

Being that it's the dead of winter here, my priorities are in other places. Just bad timing for some folks I guess. Nothing that can really be done about it I suppose, just kinda how it worked out.
Old 02-16-2009, 07:52 PM   #105
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
How much boost will this kit take?
How much boost over what it makes stock will void the warranty?
6 lbs.

tampering with the pulley will void warranty,
Old 02-16-2009, 09:14 PM   #106
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Based on your answer that it will only take 6 psi, I couldn't use this kit to twin charge then.

Your answer about "tampering with the pulley" didn't answer my question. Boost can easily be increased without touching the s/c pulley.
Old 02-16-2009, 09:47 PM   #107
frownonfun

Drives: 09 Yaris HB, 08 SR5 Tundra
i think the 6lbs is referring to boost from another source and not what the PE supercharger produces. correct me if i'm wrong.
Old 02-16-2009, 10:02 PM   #108
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
T-sport, if the PE supercharger is more efficient then it can make more power because it heats the intake charge up less. Also, it may draw less power from the engine to spin the thing at a given rpm.

Evan, has Rotrex addressed the issues with the front bearing failing on the snout of the supercharger?
Closed Thread

Tags
blitz, boost, power enterprise, supercharger, turbo