Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 06-07-2012, 01:10 PM   #1
fidgell

Drives: 2006 Yaris RS 3 door
2006 Yaris RS - FOR SALE

2006 Toyota Yaris RS - FOR SALE

Black, 2 door, standard transmission. Accident free, non smoking owner.

One owner from new, 258000km highway miles. All usual RS refinements, used as a commuter between Barrie and Toronto. Condition refelcts mileage as in its not a show car and has a few chips but no dents etc!

Recent tires, winter tires and rims included, new clutch/transmission replacement in Dec 2011.

E Tested and Safety being done this Tuesday 12th but I wont renew it if the car is not sold before the safety expires!

I pick up my next car on Monday so it can be sold from next week, I just have a few stone chips to attend to and then get it professionally detailled!

The trade in value was terrible so Im after an honest price for an honest car - VERY VERY reliable and a joy to own, Im just moving on.

Asking $3750.

Questions welcome thanks for looking. ( CAR IN BARRIE ON )
Old 06-07-2012, 01:50 PM   #2
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Dang! If you were in the US, I would have already wired you the money.
Old 06-08-2012, 08:11 PM   #3
enviri

Drives: 2010 Yaris
what's the issue scott, same chassis code as ours :P sure the shipping might be high, but customs shouldnt be an issue..unless you're driving it home
Old 06-08-2012, 09:10 PM   #4
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by enviri View Post
what's the issue scott, same chassis code as ours :P sure the shipping might be high, but customs shouldnt be an issue..unless you're driving it home
Back when 5 doors weren't available in the US I looked into bringing one in from Canada and it looked to be a real hassle to do so.
Old 06-09-2012, 06:20 AM   #5
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
Pics?
Old 06-09-2012, 06:53 AM   #6
fidgell

Pictures coming once the safety and detail have been done....Im still using the car till the new one arrives on Monday!
Old 06-09-2012, 08:35 AM   #7
thebarber
daily driver

a/c? power locks and windows?
Old 06-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #8
fidgell

Yeah it was if I remember rightly an RS with B package if that sounds right? Power locks and windows and A/C all present and correct. Its mechanically VERY good as was described by the guy that changed the transmission - he said how well made the Yaris are and actually wasnt suprised that Id not had to spend anything upto that point! Its just got quite a few stone chips on the front due the 400 highway commute! Im going to see what I can do with them this week once the safety cert is done. E test already done, had to take it off Kijiji due to scammers trying a PayPal thing on me - glad I didnt bite! I know Im not going to get the same level of reliability and low cost of ownership again - its a head and heart thing, but Ive really enjoyed owning this Yaris and would always recommend them to anyone.
Old 06-09-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Barber, you better buy it to save me from doing so. This is the best deal that I've seen and I've been desperately searching for a low priced one for 6 months.
Old 06-09-2012, 05:14 PM   #10
thebarber
daily driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTScott View Post
Barber, you better buy it to save me from doing so. This is the best deal that I've seen and I've been desperately searching for a low priced one for 6 months.
if it were a 5 door, id own it already...i don't need another 3 door yaris, even if it is an RS
Old 06-10-2012, 09:10 AM   #11
fidgell

There's probably too many stone chips here to fix for me so I'm going to throw this out there. Mechanically very good, safety cert will be done, e test done, paintwork fine for me as a commuter but for some they may want to sort the chips out!!!

If I said $3500 - WOULD ANYONE LIKE IT????
Old 06-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #12
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Can you post some pics?
Old 06-10-2012, 09:31 AM   #13
fidgell

Im in work right now, I can do it this afternoon.... If you know anyone that might be interested point them this way too!
Old 06-10-2012, 09:40 AM   #14
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fidgell View Post
Im in work right now, I can do it this afternoon.... If you know anyone that might be interested point them this way too!
Thanks. I am going to have a chat with DMV this week to find out exactly what would be involved in registering a Canadian car down here.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:09 PM   #15
edmscan

Drives: 2020 Corolla
Quote:
This is the best deal that I've seen and I've been desperately searching for a low priced one for 6 months.
I got my 2007 Yaris 3 Dr RS LB for 4500$ Canadian with 162,000 km mostly on the highway. I guess I got a good deal by what you are describing ?

My Yaris was meticulously maintained at the Toyota dealer since new. I have since added new tires and got my headlights restored. I just love driving my Yaris ... it is so much fun compared to my Honda I had before.
Old 06-10-2012, 10:53 PM   #16
edmscan

Drives: 2020 Corolla
Quote:
Thanks. I am going to have a chat with DMV this week to find out exactly what would be involved in registering a Canadian car down here.
When I looked into it .. going from Canada to the US was a nightmare mostly due to EPA requirements. I was going to do it for my ex-wife (who now lives in Oregon) and there was just no way it is even reasonable doing so. But it was for an older Pontiac product. It was going to cost triple the value of the vehicle to modify it to what was needed.

I do hope that the Yaris is one of those vehicles that is easier to import.

We ended up selling the vehicle in Canada and buying another vehicle in the US. We found overall that vehicles are cheaper in the US than Canada.

However when we imported a vehicle from the US to Canada all we were required to do was have the vehicle modified to add "Daytime Running Lights" which are required in Canada. Cost was like 500$.

My brother also bought a new Toyota Tundra from the US and brought it into Canada .. and had no problems doing so. There was just some paperwork that had to be completed for crossing the border. I also saw this first hand when I was at the border recently in Montana .. there was a steady stream of people importing vehicles from the US.

I just hope that you can get a Yaris across the border .. as it does sound like a good deal.
Old 06-10-2012, 11:21 PM   #17
TickleTimeTim
Free Mustache Rides

Drives: 2007 Yaris HB
What a steal. Glws. I wanna see pics too. Anything you want to part out?
Old 06-11-2012, 08:24 AM   #18
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Below are some of the pictures that he sent me of the car. I am truly bummed that I am going to have to pass on it.

I did a ton of research this weekend, and if it was an 07 or newer it would be very easy to bring it into the US. The issue that I found was that since 06's didn't come into the US the compliance labeling is not sufficient for easy importation. The EPA compliance emissions sticker shows US compliance, that part is fine, but the "Federal Motor Vehicle Safety Standards" compliance is not present, just the "Canadian Motor Vehicle Safety Standards" compliance is. So, a letter of FMVSS compliance from Toyota corporate would be required along with quite a bit more paperwork. It is not impossible, but it would take longer than I would want to hold him up on selling it for.

And, by the way, for any Canadians considering it, I ran the VIN through the EPC and it is a fully loaded 06 RS, with AC, power locks and windows, etc.

06RS1.jpg

06RS2.jpg

06RS3.jpg