Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > In Car Entertainment + Electronics (audio / video / alarm)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-03-2007, 09:50 AM   #55
jdubau55

Drives: 2007 White Yaris LB 5 Spd.
Send a message via AIM to jdubau55 Send a message via Yahoo to jdubau55
I came across that the same way you did Chino. Too rich for my blood. I wont be doing any SQ comps but I do want quality sound for a decent price.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violin View Post
The list price on that head unit is $2,400.

I think you should get it.
"• Requires DAI-C990 or PXI-H990 for operation"

Tack on another 2600$
jdubau55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 12:07 PM   #56
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Holy shat!

I'll have top-of-the-line Alpine one day down the road. For now the X series should do nicely.
ChinoCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2007, 11:30 PM   #57
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
LOL! Yeah...the ACTUAL cost of those F#1 units is 50% off list to the dealer...or it was when I worked for the shop. You can probably talk a shop down to $1800-$2000 without install on that piece. The thing is when buying that into range you DO NOT want the "average" slap a deck in and turn on the power. You want good, close attention to your vehicle.

I've actually had some good luck with E-bay. I purchased a Denon DCT Z1 from a gentleman headquartered in Taiwan. The purchase was recomended from Scott Buwalda. I was on my way to purchase an Alpine 7909J before the Denon. I still want to get my hands on the 7909J though...

Anyway, The F#1 equipment is some of the best out there as a package. You're paying for exclusivity, quality and great local and factory support. Pioneer also has an head unit/processor package at a more "attractive" price...or at least they did in the P1.

Remember guys, it's all about what you can do with what you have. I'm working with David Navone and Scott Buwalda on a "budget" system that aims to get near the high dollar project that is in the glass works now.

I'm dropping names, I know...The point of that is to see how many of you know your sound competition history. This is of course after someone mentioned Richard Clark.
Old 03-04-2007, 12:19 AM   #58
jdubau55

No idea...but I wish someone would take me under their wing and really show me a proper install on a budget. Also....any recommendations on center channels??? Could I use say like a normal 4" coax for a center? And what good would this do for my sound stage?
Old 03-04-2007, 07:18 AM   #59
Razr
YRS WHOR

Drives: White 2007 Yaris E-Limited 5dr
Name dropper! :) OK, I'm intrigued!
Razr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 11:37 AM   #60
sqcomp
Roadrunner Jr.

Drives: 2007 Yaris S
Send a message via AIM to sqcomp
If you need a center channel, you're doing something wrong...or you're installing a 5.1 system. Seeing as I've only had my Yaris for a week and a half, I don't know too much about the stereo options that come for the vehicle from the facotry. I have the Yaris with an integrated radio option, that doesn't "easily" come out. I think the other radio option is what, 1 1/2 DIN? Or is it a double DIN?

If it is a double you can buy a center channel speaker that fits just above a single DIN stereo. Ithink that Pioneer and Alpine also have a pod that can be put in the center of the dash...oh wait! where is our instrument cluster? Well, it may still work closer to the glass.

The idea you'll have to consider with a center cannel mounted in the console is that it will pull your soundstage down.

Honestly I don't see the need for a center channel.

Last edited by sqcomp; 03-04-2007 at 11:49 AM.
sqcomp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2007, 12:05 PM   #61
jdubau55

I have the double din radio that looks very easily removed. I was asking due to a 5.1 setup. That probably wont happen though.