Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-30-2012, 12:57 AM   #1
OTB

Drives: 2zz MR-2 Spyder
2zz MR2 Spyder Full Road Race Car For Sale!

SOLD!

Fire breathing go-karts are no longer going to be a part of my life, so it is unfortunately time to sell. This is a purpose built race car that is very competitive as a NASA PTC car, SCCA STU car, caged track day car, or even a street prepared autocrosser. I bought the car with full intentions of building the ultimate lightweight race car, and you will find that it certainly worked out. Every experienced sports car and formula car racer that has done a lap in the car got out and said "wow, love it!" It has a current NASA 2012 inspection sticker, and is ready to go. Engine is a 16k mile 2zz from a Matrix XRS, transmission is a 1k mile C64 from an Exige S with a Quaife LSD! Team Dynamics Wheels, staggered with 205 and 225 15" BFG R1 tires. All tires are like new.

For the entire build detail, please visit my road race MR-S build thread at http://www.mr2spyder.net/spyderweb/i...build%20thread In the thread, you will read everything I've done to make the car track worthy for water cooling, oil cooling, braking, downforce, and light weight!

If you are interested in the car, I gladly invite you to Utah where I will arrange a closed course for you to run the bloody hell out of it. I can deliver to the western US, and truck shipping is $800 to $1400 across the country.

Can you make it street legal......yes but I wouldn't recommend it. There's a full cage for SCCA or NASA touring car, no airbags, no power steering, no emissions equipment, no interior. All lights are still intact, you would just need to replace fuses and reconnect blinker wires. Again, I don't recommend it as the car is a dream on the track, and would be rough on the street.

Price: $11,000
With aluminum trailer: $ 12,750
Don't like the price?....tell me what you're thinking. I'm a good guy. I would love to see someone else take over the tradition of beating up "faster" cars.

Please PM if you are interested and want to make an offer.

Cheers!

Last edited by OTB; 12-17-2012 at 12:27 AM. Reason: sold
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 01:56 AM   #2
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
Fucking wicked! I wish I could afford this beast so that I could run hell on the tight courses against the whorevettes that flood the Michigan autox events.

Good luck with the sale!
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 10:19 AM   #3
OTB

Drives: 2zz MR-2 Spyder
Well...

Not sure you could beat Rafferty, but I have taken a Boxster Spyder to school on an auto-x course in this car.
OTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:33 PM   #4
detroiter

Drives: 2008 Polar White LB Auto
I know I couldn't beat all..but trust me, there's a lot more Corvette owners in Detroit who can buy them, but obviously couldn't buy the skills to drive it to it's potential ;)
I live my life a quarter pounder at a time. And for those 500 calories or more, I'm free. I need FRIES! Two of them. The big ones. Oh, and I need them tonight. You're lucky the double shot of BBQ sauce didn't blow the seam on your nugget box. There she is, 2 pounds of pure beef. My dad ate it in 9.0 seconds flat. Check it out, it's like this. If I lose, winner takes my happy meal. But if I win, I take the burger and the toy. To some people, that's more important.
detroiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2012, 02:38 PM   #5
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
looks like a great setup....outstanding even. your pricing is really good too imho. glws!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:01 PM   #6
Jason@SportsCar

Drives: 2015 H Production Yaris
We considered building one of these for STL, looks like a great package. Just a few minor tweaks and yours could drop down to that class, should be a front runner.

Tags
race car for sale