Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Marketplace > Cars for Sale by private party
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 11-03-2009, 03:07 PM   #1
jamal1984
The Beautification of Car

Drives: Toyota Yaris S
Send a message via MSN to jamal1984
Need to trade in my yaris sedan or sell it?

it's paid for. It's 5 speed got 67000K miles on it, it's excellent conditions.
I waxe it's every 2 weeks, look brand new.
Original CD Player with 12in sub. Fujita CAI, HID, foglight, spoiler.
My wife is pregnant i got a few months to look for a used or new "preferred new" car with AUTOMATIC. Probably the 5 doors liftback yaris. I just love the yaris feel and look. Honda fit is way overprice, Nissan Cube is....don't know yet, Aveo - forget about that, Kia Soul---eehhh thinking about it. Scion XD - my friend got one, don't know what else to look for.
Anyone got any ideas? should i trade it in? or sell it private? i'm trying to save every penny at the moment now for the baby.

Last edited by jamal1984; 11-04-2009 at 09:19 AM.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:08 PM   #2
jamal1984

ah currently got the 09 titan that i'm making a payment for it, still own like 14 grands on that, love the truck, hardly drive it, i'm looking to let's it go too.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:26 PM   #3
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
I don't understand, are you trying to get rid of it because you want an auto?
Old 11-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #4
jamal1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
I don't understand, are you trying to get rid of it because you want an auto?
yeah, kid and wife don't like manual.
But i do like it a lot.
Old 11-03-2009, 03:49 PM   #5
tomato
Super Moderator

Drives: Yaris 2DR LB 07, MT, Abs. Red
Ah, OK. Because I was gonna say, if your car is in excellent shape, and it's paid for, the most economical thing is to hang on to it? But OK, I see your point now.

Well, if you sell to private parties, you generally make more than if you trade in. It's also more of a hassle and it can take longer to sell so you have to be patient with that.

If it's that important to you to have an auto, but you don't want to spend too much money right now, maybe you could get a "gently used" car from a dealership under their certified program? You will find some cars at the end of their lease that someone traded in to get the next brand new stuff off the lot. I got my Yaris that way. It's a great car, works like clockwork, knock on wood. The original owner purchased another Yaris LB, but with a 4 door instead of 2 (more convenient for her kids, I think she had a couple of small kids) so I got her car.

Trading in has one advantage: it's fast and it's done when you drive off the lot. No spending all your Saturday afternoons for the next 2 months giving test drive to people who may or may not know how to drive .02
Old 11-03-2009, 07:12 PM   #6
R2D2
Crazy Oil Sniffer

Drives: MM 09 Yaris 5 Dr LB "Click"
Keep your Yaris and trade the Titan you never use for a new auto Yaris. You get to keep yours and she gets an auto and you will have two vehicles that are economical to own and operate.
"The howl was the sound of God’s casting pot, the morphing of my cells into shape, the forming of oceans out of molten premordial plasma. And I could feel it. I could cry for it. I could cry with it."
-The Fitful One

Old 11-03-2009, 07:20 PM   #7
AlexNet0

Drives: '07 Yaris 3dr
Send a message via AIM to AlexNet0 Send a message via MSN to AlexNet0 Send a message via Yahoo to AlexNet0
damn, if mine was paid for and I was in that situation with that low mileage, I would just demand that everyone learns to drive a MT
Old 11-03-2009, 08:46 PM   #8
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
You could post it up on the for sale section and see if anyone with an auto wants to do an even trade or trade + some cash .... I am sure there has to be someone in the YW community who would be interested in something like that.

Good luck!! And congrats on the baby!
Old 11-03-2009, 09:34 PM   #9
jamal1984

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomato View Post
Ah, OK. Because I was gonna say, if your car is in excellent shape, and it's paid for, the most economical thing is to hang on to it? But OK, I see your point now.

Well, if you sell to private parties, you generally make more than if you trade in. It's also more of a hassle and it can take longer to sell so you have to be patient with that.

If it's that important to you to have an auto, but you don't want to spend too much money right now, maybe you could get a "gently used" car from a dealership under their certified program? You will find some cars at the end of their lease that someone traded in to get the next brand new stuff off the lot. I got my Yaris that way. It's a great car, works like clockwork, knock on wood. The original owner purchased another Yaris LB, but with a 4 door instead of 2 (more convenient for her kids, I think she had a couple of small kids) so I got her car.

Trading in has one advantage: it's fast and it's done when you drive off the lot. No spending all your Saturday afternoons for the next 2 months giving test drive to people who may or may not know how to drive .02
Yup i was thinking about that too, but most of the used cars around my areas that i put my eyes on especially the yaris is almost cost like new and it's got almost over 30K the lowest is around 20k and it's cost 2K less than the new, so i like why not buy it new. But well i'll keep looking. Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Keep your Yaris and trade the Titan you never use for a new auto Yaris. You get to keep yours and she gets an auto and you will have two vehicles that are economical to own and operate.
I'm thinking about getting rid of the titan, but let's see how it's go.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNet0 View Post
damn, if mine was paid for and I was in that situation with that low mileage, I would just demand that everyone learns to drive a MT
My wife know how to drive a Manual, but you know, some woman just don't like 5 Speed and preferred AUTO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBougie View Post
You could post it up on the for sale section and see if anyone with an auto wants to do an even trade or trade + some cash .... I am sure there has to be someone in the YW community who would be interested in something like that.

Good luck!! And congrats on the baby!
I will look into this. And
Thank You
Old 11-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #10
advocate

Drives: car
3 Things:

1) This belongs in the Cars for Sale section of the forum
2) The Kia Soul looks awesome as a car but not sure about the performance
3) I would've loved an xD instead of the Yaris. Ask Tamago about his preference :P
Old 11-03-2009, 10:21 PM   #11
JBougie
Banned

Drives: 2010 Yaris LB (Prev: 07 Sedan)
Quote:
Originally Posted by advocate View Post
3 Things:

1) This belongs in the Cars for Sale section of the forum
2) The Kia Soul looks awesome as a car but not sure about the performance
3) I would've loved an xD instead of the Yaris. Ask Tamago about his preference :P
1. He didn't post it up for sale; he's asking for help on what would be his best choice
2. -
3. xDs are awesome, if he doesn't get a Yaris - I would suggest the xD too!
Old 11-04-2009, 01:14 AM   #12
advocate

Drives: car
Hrmm well the end of the title of the thread clearly says
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984
sell it
I read that then:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamal1984
it's paid for. It's 5 speed got 67000K miles on it, it's excellent conditions.
I waxe it's every 2 weeks, look brand new.
Original CD Player with 12in sub. Fujita CAI, HID, foglight, spoiler.
That's pretty much the making of a car ad haha. Anyways my mistake.
Old 11-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #13
tk-421
Super Moderator

Drives: 5D-07-LB
Fixed it. Now the thread's accessible from both General and For Sale forums.
Old 11-04-2009, 09:20 AM   #14
jamal1984

sorry guys, i put a "?" at the end of the title so peoples dont get confused.
XD was on the second of my list yaris 5dr liftback is the first
Old 11-05-2009, 01:05 PM   #15
hatchbackkid82

Drives: .
try eBay
Old 11-07-2009, 02:32 PM   #16
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexNet0 View Post

I am down to owning 2k on my 07 S and I would have to agree that getting rid of the truck for an AT Yaris would be the way to go. You have a car that is paid off that will last you forever with how you are taking care of it. Plus as mentioned the mileage between the two cars....wow!

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #17
jamal1984

well after a month thinking and i did come up with a decision that i will keep my yaris, it's paid for, it's in great conditions.... i will let the titan go for the hatchback or crossover.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:59 PM   #18
thebarber
daily driver

Drives: the #wrecho
i was gonna say, we have a 9 month old and the yaris was fine w/ a 5speed, and our aveo sedan is an auto..

while the "family car" (aveo) has been nice w/ an auto, we wouldnt have died w/ a manual...

half the time my wife sits in the back w/ the squirt anyhow since the baby seat hampers the space in the front passenger seat...