Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 01-22-2010, 09:34 PM   #37
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
^ That pretty much sums it up.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 11:57 AM   #38
Yoda

Drives: 2008 Black Sedan
i will be getting this kit probably in march with my income tax if you guys can hold out. I rather be the rat in this experiment since there are kinda local to me so i can blow up there establishment if anything happens to my car.
Yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 07:08 AM   #39
aucorium
AKA Samurai Racer

Drives: Yaris 2006
Send a message via MSN to aucorium
Quote:
Originally Posted by cdydjded View Post
0.4 bar is roughly 6lbs, I beleive the Blitz S/C creates 6lbs +/-, there +/- 10 members here with Blitz S/C with stock ECU's. So to answer your above question, yes the stock ECU can handle low boost. A turbo project for the Yaris is not difficult. The main issue is that everything has to be fabricated. As of now there are only 2 bolt on kits, the Zage & Ancla, and no one here has bought & installed either kit.
there is also a greddy kit , from japan for the 1NZFE and the 2NZFE , its for the xB but will work on our cars aswell
aucorium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:44 AM   #40
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
i will be getting this kit probably in march with my income tax if you guys can hold out. I rather be the rat in this experiment since there are kinda local to me so i can blow up there establishment if anything happens to my car.
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2010, 10:49 AM   #41
scape

Drives: 2007 Yaris Hatchback
what kind of power could we expect from a 6psi turbo on the 1.5l, near 135hp? the 8psi on stock internals pushing 160hp seems almost too generous to me
scape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2010, 06:29 PM   #42
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
I didn't ask if "a" turbo came with it, I would assume a turbo is included. I asked if a T3 ("that turbo") is included with the Stage 1.

When we called last year, they would not tell us what turbo comes with the Stage 1 kit.

next questions:

1. Did they skip "Stage 2"? (from reading post 21)
Yes they skipped it. They suggest get the stage III but if you want a stage II kit call them and they will see if they can work something out
2. What brand of intercooler is supplied?
No brand name just made out of quality parts Ehh how hard can it be to mess up a IC
3. Is the T3 oil cooled only, not water cooled?
i forgot he said something about water-cooled center housing
4. Where is this customer who got the kit, installed it himself and has no CELs? Seems like an email from this person, or a post, would put to rest at least some of the doubt.They do not know where he is now nor how to get in contact with him
If you guys have more questions post them
Old 02-01-2010, 08:22 PM   #43
Yoda

I sent them another email asking if they can provide some type of management with the kit and to see if i can get them to install it for free
Old 02-01-2010, 10:39 PM   #44
advocate

Drives: car
Ask them to get the person who had it installed to post on here! This is the biggest yaris forum on the internet. Hard to believe he isn't a member already...
advocate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:31 AM   #45
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
what kind of power could we expect from a 6psi turbo on the 1.5l, near 135hp? the 8psi on stock internals pushing 160hp seems almost too generous to me
I got 183 @ 8 psi. 6psi should get you 150 whp.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 02-02-2010, 10:14 AM   #46
Yoda

but you were tuned right?
Old 02-02-2010, 10:43 AM   #47
Yoda

Email answered

Dear Michael:

You are not the only one contacting us stating that you "represent" this forum... so we have made a decision and whoever claims this "representation" needs to present actual proof of your ownership on the forum so we can address to you as we were to when officially addressing the forum as well as copies of published text derived from this interaction with absolutely no editing or modification from its original, and please when asking for information make sure is done in a generalized way so it can be of value to all members and not to you or your case only. Please proceed to provide the requested information and re-formulate your request.

However:
If you are only writing as such because you feel unsecure and doubtful, don't worry, you don't need that "representation" to obtain good and quality information from us for your purchase of the kit that you can document to your fellow forum members as it unfolds. Member of a forum, alone individual in a remote country or any other in between, you will be treated with respect and honesty.

In regards to your concerns, you are welcome to call us for details and answers to your questions as it is difficult to carry on an interaction where affirmations and questions are given at the same time over the same topic and conflict of subjects is present, as it is left open for interpretation. Buying a kit must be a simple, smooth operation as that is the purpose of a REAL turbo kit, eliminating the guessing work on your end and giving you everything you need to go from a completely stock car (Yaris in this case) to a turbocharged version that will be reliable, comfortable (read it: good on fuel mileage, no clouds of black smoke, easy morning startup etc) and perform as well as to kick some sports cars butts on the road.

Please call us, we will answer all of your questions to the best of our abilities or please let's begin the forum interaction which also will be a really interesting and beneficial project for our company and your forum.

Thanks a lot for your interest in our turbo kit and hope to hear from you soon.

Ancla Motorsports
Att. Andy
Mon-Fri 9-5 EST
toll free: 1-888-673-8059
direct line: 786-264-1706

Best regards,
-------------------------

Gonna be callin them right now.

Just got off the phone with Andy. He assures me 100% that fuel management is not need for this kit AS IS. If I were to up the psi then I would need it. In talks with him I can see he really cares about his customers and responds very quickly to emails. They make there own manifolds and I/C. When my tax return comes I will be driving down to there shop to have it installed will take pics and video.
They do not however participate in forums Apparently they got burned once. But they will talk to some one who is a moderator or me as bridge to the forum.

If you guys think of ANY other questions let me know. He seems to know his stuff but i am not the most knowledgeable person on this so give me all your questions so i can drill him.

Last edited by Yoda; 02-02-2010 at 11:27 AM.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:21 AM   #48
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

wow, um what is that all about?

I'll call and say I represent Micro Image forums, which I do own.
Old 02-02-2010, 11:29 AM   #49
Yoda

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
wow, um what is that all about?

I'll call and say I represent Micro Image forums, which I do own.
yea he got confused for some reason. But I talk to him. just now
Old 02-02-2010, 12:38 PM   #50
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ I haven't seen that, ROFL
Old 02-02-2010, 12:39 PM   #51
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
but you were tuned right?
According to ANCLA, your car will get its tuning from the stock ECU.
Old 02-02-2010, 01:58 PM   #52
Yoda

well it better
Old 02-02-2010, 04:48 PM   #53
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
maybe i solved teh video/pictures for the turbo kit

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptAb1M_f1dg
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 04:59 PM   #54
Aothachos
Banned

Drives: 2008 Yaris Sedan
Send a message via AIM to Aothachos Send a message via Yahoo to Aothachos
after reading everything, website, this post, and the video, im all up for the turbo kit this year =D should fit the sedan i hope
Aothachos is offline   Reply With Quote