Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 11-03-2006, 12:26 AM   #1
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Thumbs up Drove my Yaris home tonight do da do da

No more tomorrows, it's here Silver and shiny and ready to meet the world tomorrow. The Odometer read 4, 8 after I drove it home. With that few miles on the odometer I know why it took so long to get here. It walked most of the way. Would have driven a lot more except it was the middle of rush hour and the dealer is right near a highway entrance and exit. Tomorrow we ride.
Old 11-03-2006, 12:47 AM   #2
Lowfront

Drives: Yaris Sedan
I would be out there right now driving around...

I can feel your excitement. Congrats, enjoy
Lowfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 01:07 AM   #3
littlecarlove

Drives: Want a Yaris
wOOt!

Congrats!

Hays
littlecarlove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 09:51 AM   #4
redglare45

Drives: 07 Sedan - 5 Speed Manual
Congrats!... Time to take some pics
redglare45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2006, 10:09 PM   #5
SimplyYaris

Drives: Red Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver
No more tomorrows, it's here Silver and shiny and ready to meet the world tomorrow. The Odometer read 4, 8 after I drove it home. With that few miles on the odometer I know why it took so long to get here. It walked most of the way. Would have driven a lot more except it was the middle of rush hour and the dealer is right near a highway entrance and exit. Tomorrow we ride.

Tell us about your first ride. I need to live off other people's experience until I get mine!
SimplyYaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 06:23 PM   #6
Kitt

Drives: Thndr cl metallic HB 3 drs '05
Send a message via MSN to Kitt
I almost cry when I drove mine for first time, the new car smell, i could't sleep for almost a week!
Old 11-04-2006, 07:21 PM   #7
Lowfront

Drives: Yaris Sedan
My first time driving it was amazing and a nightmare at the same time. Got a 5 speed for the first time. Really wasn't good at it. So driving it made me nervous. But got the hang of it after a couple days.

Pulling out of the dealership I stalled out right away on this busy road. Couldn't get it going. Tryed three times, then realized I was in 3rd not 1st. It was horrible.
Lowfront is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2006, 08:33 PM   #8
ECHOKnight2000
Small Car Lover

Drives: A Super Car
Congrats! Post pictures!
Old 11-05-2006, 10:32 AM   #9
Driver

Drives: 07 Yaris silver manual sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyYaris
Tell us about your first ride. I need to live off other people's experience until I get mine!
The first drive was the trip home from the dealership and it was in the middle of rush hour. I've been driving sticks all my life and for the first time I stalled coming out of the dealers. Had to get used to how much gas you need to give it in first gear. The rest of the trip was great and so have all the subsequent trips been since. This is the first time I ever took time to read the manual too. Lots of unique goodies on this car. Had it up to 60 on the highway and it didn't even seem to be going that fast. It's very comfortable for me and the adjustable steering wheel and seat make it easy to set you own comfort zone. In a word I love it, love it, love it.
Old 11-05-2006, 12:01 PM   #10
gonzo452001

Drives: 3-door liftback blazing blue
My first drive was pretty bad in the dark hard rain heavy traffic at least it wasn't my first toyota so i knew where the lights and wipers wore and how to use them got 42.5 mpg first tank
oem style foglights
96tacoma 4x4 xcab I4auto
Weathertech vent visors
Scan GaugeII
gonzo452001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2006, 12:04 PM   #11
SimplyYaris

Drives: Red Yaris HB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Driver

The first drive was the trip home from the dealership and it was in the middle of rush hour. I've been driving sticks all my life and for the first time I stalled coming out of the dealers. Had to get used to how much gas you need to give it in first gear. The rest of the trip was great and so have all the subsequent trips been since. This is the first time I ever took time to read the manual too. Lots of unique goodies on this car. Had it up to 60 on the highway and it didn't even seem to be going that fast. It's very comfortable for me and the adjustable steering wheel and seat make it easy to set you own comfort zone. In a word I love it, love it, love it.
Sweet, I'm hoping to hear news that mine is in on Monday (atleast that's what the dealer says). Enjoy your Yaris!
SimplyYaris is offline   Reply With Quote