Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 09-10-2007, 02:44 PM   #1
gaffo

Drives: integra
toyota can pucker up and kiss my ass

To hell with them an their "preferencing" - no manual with power package, no we will not order out of region..................etc.

After "ordering" (paid the fuckers 500 down) and waiting 6-months, and told that it was not a preference but a real God to honest ORDER.

After never getting my phonecalls returned, after dropping by once a month for 6 fucking months to try to get solid info on progress - after re-assurnaces that it was a FUCKING ORDERED YARIS 5-SP WITH POWER PACKAGE...........

I finally just said "tell me if you ORDER the cars or you preference them ONLY......FINALLY they leveled with me gave me my fucking check back and said "sorry" Gulf States Importer don't offer 5-sp with power package.

NO SHIT!! THAT IS WHY I ORDERED THE FUCKER - to get AROUND GULF STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesus christ.

Bob Howard Toyota has the worst fucking service on the planet.

I was played for a fool by them and their fucking Gulf States and Toyota proper.

If Toyota wants to kneecap their Yaris here in the Us they are doing a wonder job at it.

Fuck Toyota - they have permanently lost me as a buyer.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:51 PM   #2
nsmitchell

Drives: LB-Auto-PWR-ABS-Cruise-Springs
Don't have a fit dude.... or maybe you should have a Fit. hehe
Old 09-10-2007, 02:52 PM   #3
YarisTom73
46 and 2, just ahead...

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by nsmitchell View Post
Old 09-10-2007, 03:06 PM   #4
xpeteyjtx

Drives: 07 BB Yaris
Quote:
haha that hilarious

But seriously, I'm sorry to hear about that. You should be more upset with the dealer for lying to you. You can't really blame Toyota for shitty dealers. But I agree, Toyota should try to custom make vehicles. The problem is, they base their vehicles packages on location and marketing research so they can save money, time, and probably confusion at the plant/port.

But do not ever EVER EVER believe anything that comes out of anyone's mouth at the dealer. If you agree to something, put it on paper.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #5
nsmitchell

I ordered mine with Auto, and Power and side curtain airbags. I waited 3 or 4 months for it to come in, only to get all excited and then realize it had no side curtain airbags. I was sick to my stomach. I took it anyway and found out later that it was not available in that specific combo in this area. Bummuh and good luck. A Honda Fit is an excellent alternative. DON'T GO NISSAN WHATEVER YOU DO! They are not even close to a Honda or Toyota in quality.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:56 PM   #6
redyaris
Shiny Chromey Coolness

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Liftback
Fuck this thread, just fuck it. Fucking fuckers.
Old 09-10-2007, 03:58 PM   #7
YarisTom73
46 and 2, just ahead...

Drives: 07 Yaris sedan
Yikes, YarisWorld is chock full o' maturity today
Old 09-10-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
nsmitchell

Quote:
Originally Posted by redyaris View Post
Fuck this thread, just fuck it. Fucking fuckers.
Potty mouth muthuh fukkah! ;)
Old 09-10-2007, 04:17 PM   #9
mikeb25

Drives: Liftback S soon
I hear ya Gaffo,

I've been trying to order/preference something out of my "Region" since February.

I have gone to 5 dealerships in my area and dealt with 2 more over the phone. Some have said power windows don't exist anywhere in the country, some have said it's just not worth it to go hunting for a car for me with such little markup... all have tried to get me into an XA/XD or a Carolla...

People talk about what Toyota feels will sell in each region; well here in New York Toyota figures nobody wants power windows... as does no one in NJ or CT either.

I could drive 40 minutes to Vermont (the VT, NH, ME region) and get one with the Power Package, or I can get one with ABS and Side Curtain Airbags... But I cannot get one with BOTH.

In the PA, MD, WV region you can get one with Power Package, Keyless Entry, ABS, and Side Curtain Airbags all together... at least that's the theory if one stays on the lot that long.

My advice would be to buy a plane ticket and have yourself a little road trip back. Then be sure to drive past your local dealership, hit your power window down, and carefully extend middle finger.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:17 PM   #10
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
Buy a plane ticket? That is insane.

IF ANYONE HAS ANY PROBLEMS WITH ORDERING THE CAR THEY WANT, LET ME KNOW. If it can be received, I'll make it happen. If it can't, I'll tell you why. No bullshit. PM me for my direct line at Toyota of Bedford. Trust me, I'd love to be slinging Yarii nationwide. I love the car more than you do, I promise you.

http://www.toyotaofbedford.com
Old 09-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #11
Sweet Mercury

Drives: 2007 Silver LB Auto!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gaffo View Post
To hell with them an their "preferencing" - no manual with power package, no we will not order out of region..................etc.

After "ordering" (paid the fuckers 500 down) and waiting 6-months, and told that it was not a preference but a real God to honest ORDER.

After never getting my phonecalls returned, after dropping by once a month for 6 fucking months to try to get solid info on progress - after re-assurnaces that it was a FUCKING ORDERED YARIS 5-SP WITH POWER PACKAGE...........

I finally just said "tell me if you ORDER the cars or you preference them ONLY......FINALLY they leveled with me gave me my fucking check back and said "sorry" Gulf States Importer don't offer 5-sp with power package.

NO SHIT!! THAT IS WHY I ORDERED THE FUCKER - to get AROUND GULF STATES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

jesus christ.

Bob Howard Toyota has the worst fucking service on the planet.

I was played for a fool by them and their fucking Gulf States and Toyota proper.

If Toyota wants to kneecap their Yaris here in the Us they are doing a wonder job at it.

Fuck Toyota - they have permanently lost me as a buyer.
Let's be fair, the dealers DO operate pretty independently. The lies and terrible service you got from your local dealer don't reflect on the quality of Toyota as a company or as a dealer (that's why you can get different dealers to compete against one another for priced, hehe).

I ended up taking what the dealer had on the lot (auto, no power package) because my dealer explained the "preference ordering" clearly. To put it short, she said they could put in an order but there was no guarantee that I would get it anytime soon, if at all (I wanted 5sp with power package).

And, even though they knew how much I wanted the car and how much trouble I was having finding exactly what I wanted, they still met me on the price I named.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:21 PM   #12
sherryberry

Drives: 07 Blazing Blue Yaris
Send a message via AIM to sherryberry Send a message via MSN to sherryberry Send a message via Yahoo to sherryberry
lotsa swearing... I had no problem getting what I wanted but I still had to wait for 1 month. If the dealer doesn't want to work with you.. then don't work with them. And it isn't even just about dealer..it depends on what kind of salesperson you get and that can make or break your experience.

-Said by me during a game of Cranium.
Old 09-10-2007, 05:42 PM   #13
staticorex

Drives: Sc'd Yaris Sedan.
I had to wait 3 hours after ordering mine. :p
Old 09-10-2007, 06:01 PM   #14
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
It is funny because the 2 closest dealers to me (one 60 miles and the other 200) don't like working with me on my yaris because i didn't buy through them and don't care that they could not deliver me a Sport....only 1 guy in parts is cool to me....

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:37 PM   #15
ChinoCharles
Banned

Drives: LB
For the record, I didn't close this thread. I advocate swearing.
Closed Thread