Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > New YARIS Purchase Forum
  The Tire Rack

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-15-2011, 11:16 AM   #1
NZ-FE Vios
Only Timing Chains

Drives: 09YarisSedan, 94Truck22re
Thoughts after one week with my Yaris

Absolutely beyond ecstatic.

Specs:
2009 Sedan Black/Black 5speed 17,920 miles
Convenience Package and 15in Steelies

This is car number ten for me (lots of beaters) and the first car I've financed. My 94 Toyota pick/up is near 270,000 and was beginning to hate me for using it daily (i've put 28k on her since August). I had waited and test drove several but would end up with a price or interest rate conflict with the Toyota dealers (Mike, the Lowe Toyota's sales manager in Warner Robins, GA told me on the sales floor that "you are just upset you can't afford a 15k$ car," after I walked out on his offering 349/month for 60months with 1k$ down on a "new" 09 with 200miles and had sat there since 08. What a crook). So considering the market (tsunami, fuel costs) I felt lucky that I found mine and am paying below kbb, nada and edmunds value, with a very reasonable payment and 2.9%.

I've driven it just over 500miles in the first week. I made no attempt at fuel economy, frequently taking the car over 4000rpm from stop and cruising above 3000rpm on highway and was very impressed with 37.99mpg on 9.666 gallons. After the initial feelings of owning a new car wears off, I'll make a serious attempt at fuel economy, though will have to watch my lead foot as I have no intention of installing cruise control.

The thing drives like a dream, downshifting on highway to pass fast lane hoggers will destroy most other drivers (hp/weight ratio owns), sounds very healthy for such a tiny motor. I can reach all window cranks without any issue, I'm 6'2 and am lanky but still very comfortable (especially coming from a single cab p/u). I'm glad it has the 09 seats with bolsters. The Goodyear tires leave a lot to be desired.

I plan on installing fogs from microimage, powerlocks/keyless from a1, trd rear sway (gusts of wind suck), and tinting the windows.

I know I've said a lot but am still just really excited and don't expect anyone to read my entire rant, so I'll leave ya'll with some dealer pics.
Attached Images

NZ-FE Vios is offline   Reply With Quote