Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > DIY / Maintenance / Service
  The Tire Rack

Old 02-26-2007, 01:06 AM   #1
rwseattle
Rwseattle

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris (BASE)
Question Install Fog Lights.

Looks good. Quick question? How did you get the wiring from the engine compartment into the cabin? Did you enter trough the firewall? Did you add additional length to the original wiring? Thanks.
rwseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2007, 02:48 AM   #2
as400g33k

Drives: 05 YRS Silver Lining Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwseattle View Post
How did you get the wiring from the engine compartment into the cabin? Did you enter trough the firewall?
I used the hole that is used by the tube that leads the water out of the aircondtioning system. This hole leads to the engine bay. I cut a small piece out of the rubber to allow the wires through. I placed the wires above the tube so that the water won't drip into the wires. Bear in mind, RHD setup is quite different from LHD so the hole I'm talking about might be in a different place for LHD versions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rwseattle View Post
Did you add additional length to the original wiring? Thanks.
Yes. The original wiring was insufficient to set up properly. You'd probably need about several meters of wire:

- about 1.5 meters for the thick black 12v wire connecting to the + battery terminal
- about 2 meters for the thick red 12v wire connecting to the fog lights
- about 2 meters for the thick red switched 12v wire (I used the same thick red ones but you can use thinner ones) to reach the park light wires near the headlight assembly.
- about 1 meter of the ribbed tube to cover the wires.

Instead of splicing wires, I used connectors and a crimper to make it safe and secure.
as400g33k is offline   Reply With Quote