Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Closed Thread

Old 01-27-2009, 06:02 PM   #109
Power Enterprise Evan

Drives: VIP Yaris
Send a message via AIM to Power Enterprise Evan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chupacabra View Post
Wow....only giving us a week. Sounds like the pressure cooker is on....no thanks. I want to feel comfortable and see some real life examples. I recall a claim years ago by a vendor for Z-Engineering SC's for Gen IV VW's. All roses and there were TONS of problems. According to him though, in Germany....everything was fine, folks had thousands up on thousands of miles. I am not challenging the gain....50 HP is fantastic and the best delivery for this car for sure is SC'ing but c'mon man....we want to see some average Joe's put this thing on and drive the car HERE. To pull this off the table without some real life feedback is just ridiculous....
1 week I have to report in, does not necessary mean the offer is over... it will just determine if forums are worth the time and money for the company to invest...
Old 01-27-2009, 06:20 PM   #110
taKuto
rice rocket

Drives: 05 Echo
the times i hate being in canada. Always missing out the good stuff in cali. I probably would've jumped if I had help for installing it.

It is unfortunate that no one wants to take the chance on this SC. It looks so much nicer than the blitz unit IMO.

Has there been any test cars you've put these on Evan? Maybe you could have some people test the unit, do a few videos and reviews, and then remove them if they don't want to buy it so we can at least get some more testimonies on it? I'd really like to see this kit start selling, and I think just a review from someone would contribute to your sales.
Old 01-27-2009, 06:38 PM   #111
at3GG

Drives: 07 metmet LB
I meant absolutely no offense in my post. In my own mind, i am pretty sure that this is a great product and a great buy. But with only pctures, and the sellers word, you can see why its difficult. As wonderful as it is that these kits have been sold in Japan, it doesnt really help here. Get one on a USDM, test and confirm it,(like stated earlier, even if you take it back off!) and im sure you'll make at least a few sales on here. Every one of us would love to see someone buy one. Best of luck!

Konig Heliums 15x6.5 Black
Tanabe Df210's
Old 01-27-2009, 06:52 PM   #112
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by taKuto View Post
the times i hate being in canada. Always missing out the good stuff in cali. I probably would've jumped if I had help for installing it.

It is unfortunate that no one wants to take the chance on this SC. It looks so much nicer than the blitz unit IMO.

Has there been any test cars you've put these on Evan? Maybe you could have some people test the unit, do a few videos and reviews, and then remove them if they don't want to buy it so we can at least get some more testimonies on it? I'd really like to see this kit start selling, and I think just a review from someone would contribute to your sales.

Thanks for the input, there are few and far between for US owners, that is one of the main reason why I am willing to take 1 weekend to get 1 persons car going.....If they are as far as Las Vegas, San Diego, or Nor Cal i would be going if they covered transportation costs, I will pay for my own room and board.
Old 01-27-2009, 07:10 PM   #113
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by Power Enterprise Evan View Post
the kit is complete install from A-Z

your tools, your time, and your knowledge is needed

Thanks man , I'll hold you to that if I pick up this kit . Is there any price differnce if I pick up the kit in person???
Old 01-27-2009, 07:53 PM   #114
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksandiegovitz View Post
Thanks man , I'll hold you to that if I pick up this kit . Is there any price differnce if I pick up the kit in person???
$3770 out the door, tax applies if you live in CA
Old 01-27-2009, 10:26 PM   #115
taKuto
rice rocket

blacksandiegovitz, impulse buy! Get it installed this week with evan's help!
Old 01-27-2009, 11:01 PM   #116
PETERPOOP

Drives: 08 white liftback
do it
Old 01-27-2009, 11:03 PM   #117
cm07yaris

Drives: 2007 Toyota Yaris Blazing Blue
Send a message via AIM to cm07yaris
I would soo impulse buy, but I just used mine for the year on a 52" flatscreen and Blu-Ray player...s#%t!
Old 01-28-2009, 12:27 AM   #118
taKuto
rice rocket

return it! they'll get cheaper anyways, whereas the kit will probably not budge on the price for a while
Old 01-28-2009, 12:46 AM   #119
blacksandiegovitz
Your mom goes to college

Drives: 08 Vitz
Quote:
Originally Posted by taKuto View Post
blacksandiegovitz, impulse buy! Get it installed this week with evan's help!
Um yeah, sorry Im not that baller.... Yet
I could knock this install out in the estimated time no worries if this kit is really a-z complete . Im a pretty good wrench and since I sold all my project cars(e30 track car, drag dsm, 450+hp daily 1g eclipse) I've really been fiending for boost/ a "big" install of some kind . All you guys are really tempting me to get this kit, STOP IT !
Old 01-28-2009, 01:09 AM   #120
LtNoogie

Drives: '08 Bayou Blue LB AT
Boost is good. Next meet, we could take side by side pictures or your PE kit next to my Blitz kit. Might frustrate the turbo loving crowd, however.
Old 01-28-2009, 02:14 AM   #121
kou

Drives: 08 lb
if the price is the same in a couple of months i will get this.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:29 AM   #122
largeorangefont
Break'em off some.

Drives: 07 Yaris LB, 04 Cobra
If you need a test car to prove to these people that this supercharger works, let me know - I am in Irvine.
Old 01-28-2009, 10:44 AM   #123
eTiMaGo
vroom vroom

Drives: lil red 5-door
Send a message via AIM to eTiMaGo Send a message via MSN to eTiMaGo Send a message via Yahoo to eTiMaGo
I have no doubts that the supercharger works, these Rotrex units are pretty badass, like a perfect balance of turbo boost with blower responsiveness. It's just the experiences of the early adopters which put a damper on things, really. So yes, please, let's see what it can do now

Bye bye 1NZ...
Old 01-28-2009, 12:58 PM   #124
PETERPOOP

Quote:
Originally Posted by LtNoogie View Post
Might frustrate the turbo loving crowd, however.
There is an update coming our way soon...
Old 01-28-2009, 01:28 PM   #125
Power Enterprise Evan

Quote:
Originally Posted by largeorangefont View Post
If you need a test car to prove to these people that this supercharger works, let me know - I am in Irvine.
Offer still stands!! come one guys!! lots of talk but no takers!!!

need someone doing
Old 01-28-2009, 01:31 PM   #126
PETERPOOP

I believe largeorangefont wants a free S/C.
Closed Thread

Tags
boost, forced induction, supercharger, turbo