Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Members Area > Off-topic / Other Cars / Everything else Discussions
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-20-2009, 08:35 PM   #1
the_boss

Drives: 07 YARIS HATCH 5 DOOR
Send a message via MSN to the_boss
firts mecanic fix!

Hey I am so proud of myself! I am not a handy guy and I hate mecanic but I bought a dodge caravan in may and the read window whiper motor failed and dealer quoted me 225$ + 100$ of labor to change it...so I said darn...I need that whiper to work so I checked on forum on how to tear appart the rear liner of the liftgate out and found out that it was extremely easy..so I took my 2 hands and pry off the pannel, took the motor our and all that under 15 minutes!!! Went to napa and bought a brand new motor for 90$! So I basicly saved enought to buy and have 2 new rotors installed on the van! I know it sound like a big deal but I am the kind of guy that will fix your internet and pc in no time but to change my oil I rely on walmart...! yea I know its sad!

the_boss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 03:56 AM   #2
silver_echo
ekodrvr

Drives: 2002 white subaru impreza wrx
rule no. 1 please leave the wal-mart lube rack for the rednecks... i personally know half a dozen people that have had to buy new motors for their cars because wal-marts lube rack messed up big time... if you are gonna have someone do it for you, have someone that will warranty their work properly... as much as i hate jiffy lube, they will fix it if they screw it up... not trying to be the asshat forum troll, but if you are gonna try to save money, do not skimp on your maintenance by going to where the oil change is cheapest... find a trusted mechanic, and use him/her for all of your service... while it may cost a little more, you can trust that your car will not let you down...

on a side note, congratulations on doing the wiper motor yourself...

i like this smiley...
silver_echo is offline   Reply With Quote