Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > General Yaris / Vitz Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-21-2007, 09:04 PM   #1
spinejaruk

Drives: Venetian Silver Yaris
Question 3 door HB/Lb Yaris owners

I have a 3 door HB and just found out that the driver seat does not slide forward with the memory function (ie easy entry system) it only folds forward.
The passenger seat works no problem.
I took the car to the dealer and he couldn't get it to work either, than he tried it on another car in the showroom and driver seat didn't slide either???

Can any 3 door owners confirm that this is the case?

I don't understand the logic behind this from Toyota, as I would have thought that it would be more important that the Driver seat should have this function!
spinejaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 09:09 PM   #2
Black Yaris
der Zeck

Drives: '05 Audi A4 1.8t quattro
since the car is so small they figured rear passengers can enter from the pass side only, and the driver would not have to move their seat

the USDM 3DR's are the same
Old 06-21-2007, 10:10 PM   #3
churp
Clean and (dis)Functional

Drives: Yaris 2dr--Black Betty
I've had a couple cars like this...not too uncommon.
Old 06-21-2007, 10:18 PM   #4
swng

Drives: 06 3-dr auto RS
I have a 3-dr LB. Yes spinejaruk, it is as your described.
IMHO, drivers know their cars and can always adjust their seats to make themselves comfortable. Passengers may need more help, hence the memory function.
Also, think of it this way. Say, you drive to pick up some people. By inviting them to enter from the passenger side, you won't even need to leave your driver's seat. Same is true of unloading.
swng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2007, 10:21 PM   #5
Kioshi
Heart Up! Vitz

Drives: トヨタ Vitz
Mine slides...I mean not as much as the passenger side, but yes it slides~
Kioshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2007, 06:49 AM   #6
spinejaruk

Drives: Venetian Silver Yaris
Thanks guys
perhaps I will sleep better now...this is the 2nd 3dr car I have ever owned, the first one was a VW polo many years ago (my very first car) - I can't remember if the driver seat could slide with the memory function on that and never taken much notice of it in other hire cars!

just got a bit concerned because the yaris owners manual says it can slide and the sales website and brochures too!
spinejaruk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:00 PM   #7
woof

Drives: Yaris 3dr Hatch/Black
Wow, these are economy cars! It was never intended for the driver's bucket to slide like the passenger's side. Any more than three-up and that 1.5L engine will be getting unhappy.
woof is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:06 AM   #8
SailDesign

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by woof View Post
Wow, these are economy cars! It was never intended for the driver's bucket to slide like the passenger's side. Any more than three-up and that 1.5L engine will be getting unhappy.
Kids these days! The 100hp 1.5 litre engine is big by most countries' standards.
Plenty of folks have driven a Volks bug cross-country, 4 up, with a lovely little 65hp motor churning away underneath the back seat. You can't do it quickly, but iot is plenty do-able. I hate to think what my Fiat 600 had for horsepower, but it commuted me 40 miles each way for years in England, in hilly country.
SailDesign is offline   Reply With Quote