Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Forced Induction Forum
  The Tire Rack

Old 06-16-2011, 03:37 PM   #19
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Drives: Seriously Modded 07 Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoda View Post
What psi is it set for?
1,000,000,000 pounds!

internal wastegate is set to 6~7 lbs.

Youtube Channel: Team Tiamat Racing

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
fnkngrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 04:15 PM   #20
BEEF

Drives: 2008 yaris 3d
how much was the kit and did it come with everything you needed? i have seen kits for roughly $1600 but it says it does not come with management so i figure the cost to be significantly higher after you get everything you need.

I know you said you were going to wait and get all the details before you say what you paid but was just curious what your "kit" cost and if it came with at least most of the stuff.

I spent way too much time at work looking at your photo gallery. it is a good clean install. looks really nice.
Old 06-16-2011, 04:37 PM   #21
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

^ Carlos would be the one to ask about the price of the kit. I did some upgrades so I honestly cannot recall what the base price was. Additional stuff done was the FIC, powder and ceramic coating, gauges, boomslang, exhaust...I think that was over and above the kit however the kit comes with everything else really. The piping, turbo, hoses, high quality clamps, BOV, injectors, fittings, high flow downpipe, etc were all in the kit. His kit is similar to the Zage in that it gives you what would be the essentials and you pick up the "custom" stuff that you would want to go with it al a carte.

In regards to the install, thanks. Carlos did most of the work with assists from myself and my buddy John. He was professional and knowledgeable.

Class record holder in Land Speed @ 154.5mph for 1.5 mile and 145.5mph in the mile in the F (2.016 to 3.014 L), G (1.524 to 2.015 L), and H (1.016 to 1.523 L) classes.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:20 AM   #22
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Well for those of you that don't know I have had issues since the install when attempting to use the FIC. I was finally able to get down to visit with CTScott and leave my car with him for the week. He has found a couple possible issues with my Boomslang harness which he is going to address so I am keeping my fingers crossed that I will actually be able to use the setup as it should be used. Since install I have been bypassing the FIC and using the stock ECU 100%. As long as boosting with WOT it has been great and dumping fuel as it should however if feathering the throttle the car will run lean. Not super lean, but lean nonetheless. I still have no regrets buying the custom kit from Carlos (Turbo_Yaris) as it has been solid and pretty much been able to leave it to run. I am not sure what the folks over at Boomslang are doing or whether or not there have been others that have had messed up harnesses? If this doesn't resolve my issue then the next step will be to approach AEM about replacing the FIC.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:29 AM   #23
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
Quote:
I am not sure what the folks over at Boomslang are doing or whether or not there have been others that have had messed up harnesses? If this doesn't resolve my issue then the next step will be to approach AEM about replacing the FIC.
Has it been determined with 100% certainty that the harness is defective? I can't tell from your post, especially this last part.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 10:32 AM   #24
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
Originally Posted by cali yaris View Post
Has it been determined with 100% certainty that the harness is defective? I can't tell from your post, especially this last part.

The answer to that would be no at this time however with the modifications that Scott will be making I am hoping for an answer in the next 24-48 hrs. We did shoot Brian an email to have him look at his harness since his was built and purchased at the same time as mine. I am awaiting a response from his as well.

Old 09-14-2011, 10:33 AM   #25
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

That will be very helpful. I have two on the shelf and need to know if they should go back to Boomslang for modification.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
Old 09-14-2011, 10:37 AM   #26
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

Quote:
That will be very helpful. I have two on the shelf and need to know if they should go back to Boomslang for modification.
Will let you know for sure. I could have shipped mine back to Boomslang, but then the car would be off the road and I can't afford that. Also I have no issue with trusting Scott. He has been an immense help with all of my electrical questions over the last year.

Old 09-14-2011, 11:32 AM   #27
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Drives: 09 5dr LB, 2x 08 3dr LB
Tonight I will be modifying the harness, so we'll have the answer. The issue that I found with it last night is that the MAF (VG) signal and the Crank position sensor (NE-) signal are supposed to be "intercepts" rather than "taps" as they are wired on the boomslang. As-is. the F/IC can only read, and not override the MAF and Crank signals to the ECM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:36 AM   #28
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
I'm hoping to get my F/IC back from AEM this week. Everything was working perfectly with my Boomslang and F/IC except for the starting issue. Did Carlos modify your Boomslang at all?
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 12:09 PM   #29
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

If I recall correctly he only removed a couple resistors because the harness was designed for the 1nz for the scions and not the Yaris...but I could be recollecting wrong.

Old 09-14-2011, 12:12 PM   #30
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnkngrv View Post
If I recall correctly he only removed a couple resistors because the harness was designed for the 1nz for the scions and not the Yaris...but I could be recollecting wrong.
I didn't see any signs that it has been modified.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:08 PM   #31
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

^ interesting. I remember Carlos posting that these harnesses were made for the Yaris, but maybe that was after that first one was made. My memory isn't that good.
Old 09-14-2011, 01:11 PM   #32
fnkngrv
Mr. 155 and climbing

I am trying to tecall conversations he said he had with boomslang but we discussed so much it is foggy.

Old 09-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #33
Brian

Drives: '07 Yaris turbo, '11 Juke
I contacted Boomslang before I bought the harness and they said it was made for the Yaris. Is there anyone else besides the 3 or 4 known users that are actually using the harness?
Brian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2011, 01:45 PM   #34
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Quote:
The issue that I found with it last night is that the MAF (VG) signal and the Crank position sensor (NE-) signal are supposed to be "intercepts" rather than "taps" as they are wired on the boomslang. As-is. the F/IC can only read, and not override the MAF and Crank signals to the ECM.
CTScott, Boomslang's answer:

Quote:
Hello,

We intercept the MAF and CKP signals.

MAF is light green output--white input.

CKP is orange/white output—orange/black input.

Sounds like he’s reading the harness wrong.
Old 09-14-2011, 02:20 PM   #35
CTScott
ULTIMATE

Quote:
CTScott, Boomslang's answer:

Hello,

We intercept the MAF and CKP signals.

MAF is light green output--white input.

CKP is orange/white output—orange/black input.

Sounds like he’s reading the harness wrong.
My answer to them - Maybe they should try to get their act together...

On Adrien's Boomslang:

CPS (NE+) is orange/black input, orange/white output

MAF (VG) is white input, no output.
CPS (NE-) is yellow/black input, no output.
Both of these signals should be intercepts, per AEM.
Old 09-14-2011, 03:41 PM   #36
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

got pics? otherwise, it's a word game.

Further, Adrian's harness may not be the production piece they make now. That is still in question.