Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Performance Modifications
  The Tire Rack

Old 12-05-2008, 09:34 PM   #1
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
NST Shifter Bushing Kit

Just saw these on the microimage site, and was wondering if anyone here has installed them and what do you think of it? Also how easy is it to install. I was told by someone that there was a post pre-hack about this but i couldn't find it in the search anymore.

I realised there was two different types, for the cage and one is for cable? They look the same to me, so i'm pretty confused. If someone could direct me at which is the better option or a simple explaination of what each does would be great too.

http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...2&productId=45

http://shop.microimageonline.com/pro...2&productId=44

Cheers

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:48 PM   #2
WolfWings

Drives: Silver 2007 3Dr - Gryph
I was actually wondering that too, what's the specific difference between the two bushing sets? And can both sets be installed at the same time?
Old 12-05-2008, 10:53 PM   #3
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
I'll explain and thank you for checking out the products.

The cage bushings are a set of FOUR bushings. They replace the rubber cage bushings that hold your shifter cage to the floor of the car.

The cable bushings are at the other end of the shifter cable (where the engine is), there are only TWO of those.

Honestly, the less expensive cable bushings have more of an effect on tightening up the shifting than the cage ones do, but they are both available for maximum effect.

Both easy to install, and along with the SSK provide a complete solution to make your shifts feel tighter and more solid.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 11:30 PM   #4
jkuchta

Drives: 2007 Yaris hatch (red)
I have both sets, and really like them. I also have both NST ssk's, and with redline MT-90 trans fluid, shifts are about as short as you can really use, and nice a positive as far as engagement goes. Any shorter a throw and you would probably be shifting faster than the syncros can really take, plus with the gear ratio spread in the trans, any faster is really not benificial.

To sum up, if you have the money for both sets of bushings, go for it! If you can only go for one set right now, get the cable bushing set (the two bushings), and loose pretty much all of the slop in the shifter linkage.
jkuchta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:13 AM   #5
ruimond

Drives: Yaris YR
Thanks Cali and jkuchta for your responses. Helped alot in understanding the product abit better. I'll think about it for now though. I already have the NST SSK too. Which is also a great product.

One question, so the cable bushing can be installed from the engine bay? Where as the cage bushings are installed by removing the manual stick boot. Am i correct in saying that. Cheers :)

Mods: 17x7 ANZ Tazer Wheels with 215/40/17 Marangoni Tyres | AFE Air Intake System | NST Short Shifter Kit | NST Shifter Cable Bushing Kit | NST 10% Underdrive Crank Pulley | Pedders Sports Springs | Custom 2inch Cat-Back Walker Muffler with 2.5inch Xforce Twin Stainless Steel Tip | RS Side Skirts | RS Euro Spoiler | YRX Front Lip Spoiler | TRD Style Front Grill | 12mm Rear Hub Spacers | Ultra Racing 23mm Rear Sway Bar
ruimond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2008, 12:48 AM   #6
cali yaris
ULTIMATE

Drives: 07 Yaris Turbo
Send a message via AIM to cali yaris
yes. I believe NST has a picture tutorial on his site somewhere.
Micro Image forums, online store and shop are now closed. It was a great eight year run, but it was time to focus on other things. I'm still selling parts on eBay under micro*image seller ID and customers can still make requests for anything specific.
cali yaris is offline   Reply With Quote