Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 04-26-2024, 09:54 PM   #1
Greywulf73
I've made a post!

Drives: 2004 Echo CE 2dr Hatch
Question Making instrument panel LEDs dim

Hi folks,

Wondering if anyone here has been suscessful at making LEDs in the instrument panel dim.

I own a 2004 echo HB, and have installed what the company I purchased from calls dimmable LEDs and installed them throughout the instrument panel and HVAC control panel. The OEM rheostat obviously cannot dim LEDs (only turns them off) so I purchased a three-lead LED WDM dimmer.

My issue is that the one rheostat only had two wires, both the same colour (white with black line) and I don’t understand how to install the new dimmer. I’ve followed the instructions and it does not work. I’ve tried different ways to hook it up and it still does not work.

If anyone has been successful at installing and dimming the cluster LEDs, please let me know how and if possible, drop links to parts you used to make it work?

Thank you all in advance!

Juan
Greywulf73 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
instrument cluster, led, led dimmer