Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Second Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Regional Forums > Canada
  The Tire Rack

Old 08-14-2010, 11:46 AM   #1
white_rice

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris LE
Send a message via MSN to white_rice
Tire recommendations

Hey guys, my OEM tires on my 2008 Yaris LE have had their day. I'm looking to replace them over the next couple weeks. We are heading to the states for the long weekend which will allow me to purchase a set, duty free. With that said, I was looking on http://www.discounttiredirect.com at my OEM tire size of 185/60R-15 to see what's available and a good price. I actually called there and the guy working suggested one of the following:

Yokohama AVID Touring-S $72.00 USD each + $40.00 rebate on set of 4

Pirelli P4 Four Seasons $78.00 USD each + $40.00 rebate on set of 4

BF Goodrich Traction T/A $82.00 USD each + $60.00 rebate on set of 4

They do free shipping across the US too so I'd have them ship to CBIUSA.com at the border crossing and pick them up once we crossed over. With all that said, does anyone know first of all if thats probably my cheapest route for new tires? Furthermore, does anyone have any personal experience with any of the tires mentioned above, and can give me a good recommendation?

Cheers!
white_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
MUSKOKA800

Drives: '08 Yaris Sedan, Aero Package
Have you checked the huge select at TireRack?
They're a site sponsor and provide first class customer service.

You can search by size and tire category (sport, all season, high performance, etc) to narrow the choices.

Oh, one other thing. You may want to verify that your manufacturer choice offers a North American warranty. Some don't (Yokohama, Bridgestone and possible others) while some will cover US bought tires at dealers in Canada (General, Goodyear, Michelin and likely others). This could be an eliminating factor. Having a tire problem sooner or later and returning to the US for warranty/adjustment could ge a huge hassle if even possible.

http://www.tirerack.com/index.jsp

Good Luck!

Aftermarket Goodies: Piggies SS, K&N Drop-In, Blitz S/C, DC Header, NST Pulley)

Toyota Options/Accessories: Sport Pedal Covers, Sport Shift Knob, Ipod Interface, Summer Mats, Winter Mats, Cruise Control, Auto-Dim Mirror, Echo steelies with winter boots.
MUSKOKA800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 12:14 AM   #3
white_rice

Drives: 2008 Toyota Yaris LE
Send a message via MSN to white_rice
Thanks for the info. In regards to Discount Tire Direct I like the fact that they do free shipping across the US. I will have to check but I don't believe Tire Rack offers free shipping. Pricing seems very comparable between the 2 as well, especially once you take into account the shipping fees. Will definitely research further however. I also appreciate the good advice on warranty issues, so will take that into consideration as well.
white_rice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2010, 01:38 AM   #4
Lucas13

Drives: 07 Yaris LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by white_rice View Post
Hey guys, my OEM tires on my 2008 Yaris LE have had their day. I'm looking to replace them over the next couple weeks. We are heading to the states for the long weekend which will allow me to purchase a set, duty free. With that said, I was looking on http://www.discounttiredirect.com at my OEM tire size of 185/60R-15 to see what's available and a good price. I actually called there and the guy working suggested one of the following:

Yokohama AVID Touring-S $72.00 USD each + $40.00 rebate on set of 4

Pirelli P4 Four Seasons $78.00 USD each + $40.00 rebate on set of 4

BF Goodrich Traction T/A $82.00 USD each + $60.00 rebate on set of 4

They do free shipping across the US too so I'd have them ship to CBIUSA.com at the border crossing and pick them up once we crossed over. With all that said, does anyone know first of all if thats probably my cheapest route for new tires? Furthermore, does anyone have any personal experience with any of the tires mentioned above, and can give me a good recommendation?

Cheers!
From the three I think Pirelli is the best option!
Lucas13 is offline   Reply With Quote