Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Technical Forums > Cosmetic Modifications (Exterior/Interior)
  The Tire Rack

Old 03-23-2011, 02:58 AM   #91
markylicious

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan "Abyss"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bzinn 1 View Post
Here is todays work.....would of gotten more done but blew a relay again......its hard to work with 0/1 wire and get it all nice and neat.

It takes the whole back seat lower frame which worked out as a great piece to bolt the amp to....it can be sat on....600-800w sub 1 ohm and 4 channels at 4 ohm 100w each or 2 2 ohm channels bridged at 175w each or 1 channel plus the sub at 350w 1 ohm
markylicious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 12:37 AM   #92
bzinn 1

Drives: 2008 Yaris HB
spent the day helping a friend gettign a new fuel pump in his girls car....

But I think I am gonna be running new rims and airbags.......thinking Axis OG mesh in gold

Gonna try to run 15 x 8" w/25 offset rear
15 x 7" w/35 offset front

With 215/50/15 rear and 205/50/15 front.....

Yes I know it is gonna rub a little till I get the bags on....but I can space the fender out like we do on the xBs and that should stop most the rub till bagged.....

Gonna test fit soem tires and wheels the next few weeks and see how far it can really be pushed,if it dont rub it dont fit right......
bzinn 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2011, 06:02 PM   #93
Irishanaconda
They see me rollin

Drives: 2010 toyota yaris 5 door
keep on with the pics !!!!! :)
Irishanaconda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 11:11 PM   #94
bzinn 1

Finally got some time to install foglights......I got them a long time ago on ebay.....wishing I had known Garm had a kit back then......took 4 long hours in the rain....no garage....

Headlights off/foglights on

Headlights on/foglights on

The relay or my brain in the kit was faulty.....most likely my brain....so I got a new relay from Autozone and changed the switch to one I had laying around and it turned right on....

Called the sub place and my box is still a week out on getting built so maybe 2 weeks till the thing arrives on my door......I really wanna get some bass in my car.....
Old 04-03-2011, 02:47 AM   #95
bzinn 1

Well today was somewhat productive.......bought a set of H11 Yellow bulbs for the foglights,much better light output now.

But the days best buy was.......DLS UP6 componants for $125......normally they cost a bit more....but I got kinda lucky

Can't wait to get them installed and tuned.
Old 04-03-2011, 10:20 PM   #96
bzinn 1

Today on the way to the Tsunami Releif Charity Event at the Raceway I managed to get swallowed up in a pot hole on the freeway......it was so big the bottom of car drug on the ground....

Drivers front has massive bend,busted the steel belts in the tire....drivers rear slight flat spot and bend......but they held air till we got to the Event and I borrowed a spare tire from an xB and got them pulled off....

Pictures to come......

Good news is car is fine,I checked the suspension and found no damage,car tracks straight,steering wheel is straight so I will have to get it checked to make sure...

Got the stockies back on and aired them up since they sat a year in the shed....

got a new set of wheels ordered tonight 15 x 8 25 offest for the rear with a 205 50 tire and a 15 x 7 35 offset for the front sith a 195 50 tire

Oh yeah....Axis OG Mesh gold centers.....shold look really tight with the Blue Rays lugs

Last edited by bzinn 1; 04-03-2011 at 10:33 PM.
Old 04-04-2011, 08:37 PM   #97
Flipper_1938

Drives: 2010 Yaris Sedan
Damn! That was an expensive pot hole!
Flipper_1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:31 AM   #98
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Ouch! I should post a pic of what my rim looked like after hitting a curb. Didn't mess up the tire or the alignment but took a huge chunk out of my wheel.
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 12:59 AM   #99
bzinn 1

yeah that was an expensive pothole....car should be back up on new wheels in about 8 days....think for now I am doen with lowprofile tires on wheels till I find a place to live with decent roads....lol
Old 04-11-2011, 07:58 PM   #100
bzinn 1

Well some got pictures of todays plundering.......but here is the good ones

Front Wheel

Rear Wheel

Passenger side

Drivers side

Sexy tush

More backside

Side view

Money shot....
Old 04-11-2011, 10:49 PM   #101
toy_toronto
always toyin'

Drives: 2010 5-Dr
That's a mean looking hatchback --very intimidating stance.

What are the wheels spec?

My Garage.. 'Mild' Drop & Misc..2-DIN GPS/Navi..DIY:Rear Wiper Delay..Ramps/Roll-Ups..Rain Sensing Wipers / Auto-Headlamps
toy_toronto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 01:15 AM   #102
bzinn 1

15x7 35 offset front w 195/50s and 15x8 25 offset rears w 205/50s
Old 04-23-2011, 12:55 AM   #103
bzinn 1

42 days after ordering the sub box finally came......I will get it installed Sunday I hope...

At least for temporary...I gotta go buy supplies and start the interior build

I have to keep the rest of the weight I put in to the car at 114lbs or I go over the stock interior part weight I took out...I am pretty close now with harness bar....sub and box...amp...wires...deadening....

I am certainly gonna try to keep it under....no spare tire but I can get towing and can always call somebody to bring me one off their xB....
Old 05-01-2011, 02:38 AM   #104
bzinn 1

I will get pictures up tomorrow with daylight......yesturday got sub box bolted in and aimed where I think it iwll work well.....

Tonight got sub hooked to box,bolted in,and hooked to amp......

It was too late to run test tones so I did a best guess at crossover points on amp and fired it up with about 500w.....

It is really nice and clean and loud,once it breaks in I will turn up the power a bit,plus I gotta tune the amp that will take me a good hour to do since it is hard to get at amp knobs.

I really need to work on gettign more deadening in the hatch and roof....it had a bunch of rattles to chase....lol....

Sub builds pressure pretty good,will do much better when all panels are back in car and it is sealed up really good inside.

WEll pictures tomorrow...sorry it took so long to get to this but the rain just wont stop here....
Old 05-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #105
Astroman
Modded Moderator

Drives: 07 Toyota Yaris, 71 Galaxie
Are you going to be able to get this all done by June 5th?
Astroman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:24 PM   #106
bzinn 1

Oh no....interior will still probably be in pieces,but system will be in and working,it is as of yesturday....

I took it out yesturday and went for a cruise....and well with just a basic tune,xovers set to about 80hz on amp and deck.....sub at about 600w to break in......comps at 65w each......

Well lets just say it sounds beautiful,tones are crisp from the comps,and I meen so crisp that my buddy riding shotgun thought in one part of a song I was talking to him,turns out it was a part recorded in the track that he although listening to the song for years had never heard in the track.

Sub.......OMG......excursion is sick...it moves like a kangaroo on crack.....deep clean bass lows,sharp hits,the box is tuned to the sub so it has proper back spacing and airspace to allow full motor movement.

Sealed box and honestly I would be afraid to put it in a ported box......it would hurt bad,it does now in a sealed box.....

If you heard my tC....well this is louder.....stupid louder,the sub volume increases with every volume change.....it has a lot to get broke in but once it does it will be even louder....

As for rattles........once again I seem to have done a pretty good job...only one front to back we found was the rear plate frame.....body panels flex quite a bit.....pressure in car is not too over bearing,but it is there.....had AC on full blast and the sub was pusshing the air in the car back forward just as easily as the AC pushed it out the dash.

voltage,no issues even on the hits.....never went below 13.6v....on stock battery....hwo would of guessed....new battery is gonna be needed I am sure....

Sound out side of car.......almost none....just like tC....but sub does not like hatch open,it get moving too far out and I heard motor slap once or twice so shut hatch and it stopped,my guess is it need the pressure from bouncing off the hatch.....

Components.....they are keeping right up,who would of guessed...DLS is a very nice speaker....lol

All in all I think a years worth of research,some luck,and a lot of work I have a very nice basic system....still got a lot of tuning.....it is all built around driver and passenger positioning,windows up,hatch closed and earplugs in.....

also I should say.......all that is at 50% power,I am afraid to turn up to 75% to totally tune it in till it is broken in......lol....I took it up to 25 on the volume,75% for my deck is like 28 for a burp and it hurt my ears.....I doubt there is any need to go past 50% as the car is so small inside it would not be fun....well it would but you know.

Now to start the pods for the doors and Apillar tweets.....
Old 05-02-2011, 11:29 PM   #107
bzinn 1

Also thanks everyone who has checked this thread......I know it is taking forever,parts cost a lot and I am a poor man.....with a teenage son who never stops eating...lol

The car gets people looking everywhere......I will do my best to rep the Yaris/Vitz....and build a car that will make us all go wow.....that is sweet.
Old 05-24-2011, 01:50 AM   #108
bzinn 1

Well started door pods for the comps saturday,after about 24 hours of work in 3 days they are starting to take shape.....

4 layers glass of a tshirt

Bondo starting to take shape

Several layers liquid sound deadener on inside

I will have more pictures in a few days,these bolt in place over the stock speaker area and will pass through the panel and into the door.Speakers DLS UP6 Ultimates

Apillar for the tweeters still to begin next weekend.