Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site

Go Back   Toyota Yaris Forums - Ultimate Yaris Enthusiast Site > Third Generation Toyota Yaris Main Rooms > Third Gen Yaris General Discussion
  The Tire Rack

Old 07-19-2012, 06:42 PM   #1
TimmyTwo2

Drives: 2012 Yaris LE LB
Send a message via AIM to TimmyTwo2 Send a message via Yahoo to TimmyTwo2
Something weird happened today

So something weird happened today on my drive home. I was in traffic and decided to lock the doors, not sure why as I normally don't. When I pressed the lock button it changed my stereo to the last source it was on, which happened to be the FM radio. If I switched it to the BTA and then to the iPod the next time I hit the lock button, it changed it back to the BTA. I have a 2012 LE 3 Door with the upgraded CD Player. Anyone have this happen or know why it could be doing this? I'm thinking maybe a computer glitch possibly if the locks are computer controlled? I even tried unplugging the iPod and then turning off the car, still the same result. I have less than 5000 miles so I'm thinking when I take it in for it's first oil change I'll have the dealer check it out.
TimmyTwo2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2012, 07:39 AM   #2
muffin_top

Drives: 2012 Yaris SE 5MT
Yes the locks are controlled with an ecu, so are the signals sent from the steering wheel controls. I would have to check, but I would imagine there is an issue with the multiplex ecu in the lower left kick panel. It's attached to the fuse block. Our cars send multiple signals down the same wire path then this unit interprets the function needed and makes it happen. Good luck!!
muffin_top is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
audio, button, ipod, issue, lock